• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just wanted to find opponents for the mid tiers of the Donquixote family, so here it goes.

Standard Battle Assumptions, Speed is Equalized.

Scenario: Monet is on a mission to locate and capture Dante to experiment on in Punk Hazard. Whether he is dead or not doesn't matter. She encounters Dante in the middle of New York City, and attacks.

Who wins?:

Dante (DMC reboot): 7 (Core, Rebuble, Glass, Vel)

Monet: 1 (Dziga)

Dante dmc render by allan valentine-d5bj5ef
Monet Rendered

Er... Za Warudo? Teleport? Homing Attack? Fire Manipulation? Just because I say hax doesn't mean it goes crazy like Masadaverse level of hax >_>

teleport isn't hax, homing attacks are not hax, fire manipulation is not hax.

examples of hax would be things akin to possessing someone, durability negation, any form of reality warping, etc... Only thing dante has of note = barrier destruction and time-stop, the former being useless here.

How far is Monet into 7-B? For note, Donte is baseline, and there's seemingly a some sort of circular scaling going with Monet and others.

11.56MT scaling from Elizabello's normal punch.

Monet is passively capable of turning into snow, but she is susceptible to attacks that are heat/fire based, so Dante can still deal damage to her.

@Graf -

Monet ALWAYS does both of the following first: She creates blizzard and hides among the snow, then entraps her opponent before taking the form of a mythological harpy and try to shred them to pieces. Btw, to prevent confusion, the only reason Tashigi can even touch Monet without dispersing her into snow is because she is using Busoshoku Haki, which allows individuals to harm Logia users with physical attacks.

I haven't a clue as to Dante's general approach since the game lets you take control before he even does anything of note in a cutscene.

I should note that Monet can bypass durability by freezing the opponent's body before tearing pieces of it off.

Does Dante starts off using Fire Manipulation? Otherwise, even if he finds Monet and attacks before she does anything, Dante won't be able to hurt her, while Monet can freeze hug and one-shot.

I'm somewhat uncertain with how effective the counter element is against a Logia, because while it DOES hurt them, they are still in Logia form and can regenerate.

IDK if Dante starts with fire manipulation. I know one of his 3 weapons utilizes it.

CinCameron20 said:
I should note that Monet can bypass durability by freezing the opponent's body before tearing pieces of it off.
I don't recall this. The only thing I remember is her sheer cold kept the wound from bleeding or something, thus the marine mook panicked because his wound doesn't bleed despite Monet taking a bite-size chunk out of him

Freezing in general lowers durability. If you've come into contact with cold that instantly turns your skin and blood to ice, you become incredibly brittle. You could crumble like fractured glass just by bumping into something.

Monet froze the marine's shoulder where it was clearly encased with ice, and upon ripping a hole through him, there was no blood. Look at how liquid nitrogen affects objects once freezing them (not suggesting Monet is ANYWHERE near that low of a temperature, but it's a decent enough visual example).

The marine was freaking out because his shoulder was gone.

CinCameron20 said:
I'm somewhat uncertain with how effective the counter element is against a Logia, because while it DOES hurt them, they are still in Logia form and can regenerate.
IDK if Dante starts with fire manipulation. I know one of his 3 weapons utilizes it.
If Monet were to be incinerated into a small little snowball, it should be enough.

The question is if he has the AP to do it.

So what's stopping Dante from throwing her into the air, rendering her useless to do anything, amping his stats with demon evade, and countering projectiles with his Osiris?

I dont know the remastered Dante that much, has he shown to do that though?

If he hasn't, it is a pretty big leap of logic.

Also, that might not get rid of her, but Monet has Flight as well, so not sure where you got 'rendering her useless from'.

@Glass - ? Monet can fly though. What do you mean "throw her in the air"? Not to mention she's intangible, except heat-based attacks hurt her.

His Devil trigger manipulates gravity to where even flying enemies are in the air, defenseless from doing anything. Dante can be able to take pot shots easily, not to mention the Eryx can help him bypass the intangibility since he's fought enemies that are intangible to everything except for specific weapons.

Theglassman12 said:
His Devil trigger manipulates gravity to where even flying enemies are in the air, defenseless from doing anything. Dante can be able to take pot shots easily, not to mention the Eryx can help him bypass the intangibility since he's fought enemies that are intangible to everything except for specific weapons.
It says he can cause enemies to float, not immobolize them

Also, the last one needs evidence, it isnt on his profile.

And it has to be elemental intangibility it negates.

Alright, so in terms of immobilizing flying enemies and harming intangible beings, there exists the Harpies and the Blood Rage. The blood rage by nature is intangible to virtually most of dante's attacks, with the exception of certain weapons that he gains throughout the game. Here's an example of how devil trigger works normally, and yes, it also makes flying enemies immobile when activated, hence why I brought up the harpies earlier. As for the intangibility, Dante can "deactivate" her intangibility with devil trigger. It works against both the ghost and blood rage, which remember, are naturally intangible , if you still don't believe that, the Eryx emits fire, which emits heat. And heat harms Monet, so she's definitely going to get harmed by Dante in this fight.

I dont believe that because it sounds like a leap of logic.

It looks like to me without context they are either phasing intangible or spatial.

Heat has been mentioned above and it probably will worked.

But that is only one method of attack, Glass.

And maybe if he can immobolize her with gravity, it would be concise.

But Monet can also freeze dante as well with snow.

Seems like inconclusive to me, depends on who shoots who first.

Dante can bypass intangibility, time stop and immobolize her.

But Monet has better mobility, can freeze him and has better AOE with weather manipulation, allowing her to become faster. Fubuki and Mannen Yuki also immobolize him.

I might lean a tad to Dante, but just because he can light her ablaze doesnt mean an auto-win.

Unless he is like..2-4x in AP, and just melts her into a small snowball or puddle, she will probably regenerate. He has to basically one shot incinerate her. Which, at worst goes back to the above.

At best, he wins with heavy diff.

Also, to be fair. I dont even think Dante is 7-B, he could be higher. Both of his feats on his profile aren't calced and could lead to higher results. (Especially since storm feats can go wonky with KE)

KinkiestSins said:
But that is only one method of attack, Glass.
That's not really a problem for Dante. Those monsters make him fight with only one weapon, and he can manage throughout the fight.

Alright I'll just vote instead of asking a question then.

I'm voting Dante for Glass's reasonings and the fact that heat would be dangerous for Monet and even if Dante can start freezing, heating up with Eryx would be useful. Arbiter also has some devastating effects on the environment and can last a heated fissure, which I doubt doesn't stay. Explosions are also another choice of producing heat, and lastly Devil Trigger and teleportation ups his chances of surviving. So I vote Dante.

Just barely above a tie

Back