• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (Devil May Cry 5) vs Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne)

Scottycj256

He/Him
WOOOOOOOOOOO I can finally do this match after SMT got downgraded.

The Canon Dante fights the True Demon Demi-Fiend.

Speed Equal

SBA

Low 2-C Keys used (DMC5 Dante and Mid Game Demi-Fiend)

Devil Arms, Guns, Styles, and Devil Trigger/SDT unrestricted, demon summoning restricted for Demi-Fiend except for the squad of demons at his disposal (3 random demons with status effect spells and offensive/defensive buff spells)

Dante:
latest

Demi-Fiend:
latest

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
This is Dante from Devil May Cry 5, so he has all the goodies from that game, though y'all probably read that already.

Well, what exactly is he leading?

And where does the low 2-C scale chain start, thor?, since with all those hax I see you have, the only chance that this is not a stomps would be if Dante has enough ap for one-shot

Uhhh, I'm not sure what Dante leads with, but he can definitely abuse the **** out of Royalguard when Demi-Fiend attacks, and dodge and jump in the air with Trickster. His main way of attacking is juggling through the various styles at his disposal, which are Royalguard, Trickster, Swordmaster, and Gunslinger, as well as his Devil Arms and guns.

Demi-Fiend's scaling probably starts at Matador, who is similar in power to Loki, who is weaker than Thor.

I mean Hitoshura, I know that Dante begins testing the strength of his opponents either with ESP or fighting directly via devil sword dante and E&I

The DF's an RPG protag, so it's hard to tell, but in a boss fight, definitely gonna lead with self-buffs or debuffs on Dante.

They're pretty potent buffs and debuffs, if he get enough of them off he's gonna be around 4-6x stronger than someone he was equal to beforehand.

I'm betting it's just gonna be a battle of no u's, because both Dante and Demi-Fiend have attack absorption and attack reflection on their profiles, Dante with Royalguard, tho idk what skill lets Demi-Fiend absorb and reflect attacks.

Actually, Dante has more than just attack absorption and reflection with Royalguard, he also has healing and power null with it.

Last edited:
This is definitely gonna be people debating hax and resistances for a lot of time then concluding it's a stomp imo. Isn't Megaten hax tier 1 or something? I don't have much knowledge about these games in VSB terms I just like them

if only dante needs a skill similar to almighty attacks, to make him a non-SMT character

assuming Dante doesn't turn into a 10-B I'm sure he will use the SDT as his power reduced considerably

but again demi fiend resist or absorb its hax as they are mostly physical or elemental in nature

The debuffs don't reach those levels yeah, he'd still be in the same tier, just very outmatched if they're similar in terms of AP before that.

Haven't played DMCV yet, can he use Royal Guard in SDT?

Btw the absorption and reflection is passive, comes from the Magatama which make him immune to certain elements

Also hey I wouldn't know

His devil trigger makes him more powerful, faster, and tougher, and (although this isnt applicable due to SMT protags resisting everything known to man) gives him passive Fear Manip. He could probably use Royalguard within Devil Trigger mode, there isn't anything on his profile saying he can't.

Uh, Demi-Fiend resists basically everything, and what can Dante do against Nonexsitance Erasure via literally hitting him?

Attack Reflection is something Demi-Fiend can do with his stock of Attack and Magic Mirrors, which just kinda, do as described, reflect a physical or magical attack

He doesn't get anything that would nullify Dante's attacks via him just existing, there are a few Magatama with physical resistance but they also come with magic vunerability, or at least, status effect vunerability

Either way, Nonexistence erasure wouldn't really cause an instant win on Demi-Fiend's part, it's just non physical interaction that allows him to punch out the white

uuuhhhhh I'm pretty sure Dante has a ridiculous AP advantage depending on how much higher than Thor and Matador DF is, Dante's scaling chain is kinda crazy, it's something like: Passive Low 2-C<(oneshot)<DMC2 base Dante<(Dante constantly grows stronger, but we don't know by how much exactly)<DMC5 base Dante<(at least 10x)<Sparda DT DMC5 Dante<(oneshot)<Base Urizen<(the Qliphoth fruit is implied to take tier 7 demons to low 2-C)<Fruit Urizen<Base DMC5 Dante

DT is a 10x amp to both speed and strength iirc and SDT is even higher than that

How much higher does DF scale? Is it like Matador=Loki=Low 2-C<Thor<DF? Because if that's the case, Dante has a very, very hefty AP lead, and I don't think DF has any debuff that can close the gap.

I mean, he does have debuffs and buffs, and pretty strong ones, he can even start by debuffing/buffing speeds so he can get them off more easily. Though, I think the scaling chain also has the fiends being a fair bit higher than Morax, who is also Low 2-C. Still, if this is early game DF, it doesn't get much higher than that.

I very much doubt DF's debuffs and buffs are potent enough to cover such a gap, especially when this is just Base Dante, and he gets more than 10x times faster and stronger in DT

How strong are the debuffs exactly? Is there a stated number? If not we should have to use what’s shown in game.

It is messy but more or less it is something like that

Low 2-C dmc chain

baseline=<Demon tree<argosax=Mundus=<DT spardaDante=<Sparda=<void mundus<<<Pre-Boost Dante DMCvol.2 (stomps Void mundus)<post-Boost dante (it was stated that he had incredible power thanks to the Beastheads)<Chen BH( fight equal to Dante initially and then outperform him by great margin enough, Disappear from dante's eyes)<Dante Dmc2 game(the guides claim that he surpasses everyone who came before him)=<DMC4 dante=<DMC5 BoG<<DT dante<<<<Urizen Pre time skip (2 days absorbing blood made him far superior to Dante to the point of one shot)<<<Urizen post-Time skip(one month absorbing blood)<Fruit Urizen<Nero true DT<Dante EoG=Vergil

Yeesh, that's rough. The debuffs basically double your stats and halve the opponent's when fully applied, or a bit more than that, which means the DF would be a whole lot under Dante in all but speed, which would be a lot higher for him.

He's slower than DF, due to speed equalization rules I don't think he's allowed to get speed boosts.

I think their base forms are equalized. If they weren't allowed to have speed boosts in different forms or through abilities then Ruby from RWBY would take Ls left and right.

Back