• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noninho

He/Him
i've been missing for a while, sorry 4 that.

i'm back with a cool question while i'm addicted to SMT research, so why not ask some cool questions here?

we'll be talking about Endgame and True-Demon keys, and to make it easier, its a 1v1 + speed is =.

Laser-Sword-Hand> A Ton of Gods:

nahobino_fan_art__by_hato1017dovecot_deuiubm-375w-2x.jpg

One More God Rejected:
demi_fiend_fan_art__by_hato1017dovecot_de8hjlp-414w-2x.jpg

Incon:

we can speak abt incon, via the fight that they have, buuuuuuut...
imo, having access to his abilities in Nocturne, Demi-Fiend has a nice way to beat Nahobino, that the vice-versa doesn't exist: Pierce.
In V, Pierce is an attack, that can be passed to Nahobino but it's kinda ass... But in Nocturne, its a passive applicable to all physical moves and almighty-physical moves, which is pratically a guarantee of damage output for our great tattoo'd guy.
also, obviously, access to Almighty-type moves, which i won't count as an advantage for demi-fiend since Nahobino has, if not the same degree of access, a close amount.

both, from what i know, can access Dodge, Repel/Reflect, Absorb or Null all elemental moves (i also believe it includes Curse/Dark and Light/Bless) and block all status inducements, so none of that here. I believe that physical is, as spoken above, a nice advantage for Demi-Fiend.

For short, we can discuss Incon, i'm leaning for Demi-Fiend.

1. Profiles are outdated so we need to wait first.

2. Nahobino already fought Demi-Fiend and won in game so...
1. Oh, I didn't knew that

2.Nah, in a 1v1 things work pretty different and nahobino "won" the same way demi-fiend won against Lucifer, which does make them equal level. Also, again, having no demons around changes a ton of stuff

we can speak abt incon, via the fight that they have, buuuuuuut...
imo, having access to his abilities in Nocturne, Demi-Fiend has a nice way to beat Nahobino, that the vice-versa doesn't exist: Pierce.
In V, Pierce is an attack, that can be passed to Nahobino but it's kinda ass... But in Nocturne, its a passive applicable to all physical moves and almighty-physical moves, which is pratically a guarantee of damage output for our great tattoo'd guy.
also, obviously, access to Almighty-type moves, which i won't count as an advantage for demi-fiend since Nahobino has, if not the same degree of access, a close amount.

both, from what i know, can access Dodge, Repel/Reflect, Absorb or Null all elemental moves (i also believe it includes Curse/Dark and Light/Bless) and block all status inducements, so none of that here. I believe that physical is, as spoken above, a nice advantage for Demi-Fiend.

For short, we can discuss Incon, i'm leaning for Demi-Fiend.
Correcting myself: there are piercing Elemental attacks, but they aren't that much effective alone (and according to the fight in V, not very effective even with 2 boosting skills)

Adding: Chaotic Will wrecks Nahobino, making him act less (½ the press turns) and possibly insta-kill that Nahobino cannot neg, so, yeah, in the current profiles (and I suppose no update change that).

Profiles are outdated, and Sophia states that she sensed a power she never had before after Demi-Fiend’s defeat, and that nothing could stop his ambition. The winner is pretty decisive, this can be closed, lol
Using demons alter the result completely, and also this doesn't prove anything, the exact same happened when lucifer beat YHVH and when Nahobino best Lucifer, which is that when they beat the powerful being, they become more powerful...and to acquire that power, Nahobino has to beat Demi-Fiend, which I proved he cannot do solo

Regarding profiles needing update:
Some other things were discussed, so a recap of what is agreed and what is rejected.
  • Low 2-C and below are not Immeasurable and are to be downgraded to Relativistic+ combat speed
  • Pixies getting upgraded to 8-B as well as other fodder demons/characters who scale
  • Nameless Archangels are NOT Low 1-C, so some characters being that high that early on is rejected
  • Some deleted pages might need to be removed from the verse page until they get remade
Stuff to still be discussed and/or saved for later.
  • Some protagonists are going to have their early keys reorganized to match who they scale from, but may be saved for a later thread and details will be spared until ready
  • Noah scaling to other bosses in the Tower of Kagutsuchi still has yet to be discussed
  • It has yet to be decided if Thor being a Tower of Kagutsuchi boss is an outlier, or if he may have an end of SMT III exclusive key
  • Theodore being Elizabeth's equal and being 1-A looks pretty simple but no comments were made
  • Plenty of other things that should be saved for later and NOT for this thread.

Yes, we need updates for SMT profiles, but so far none affects this fight remotely. Yes, there is the "things should be saved for later" final part, but this thread lacks evidence that any changes the profiles need ever affect this fight, please present them.

Last edited:
Using demons alter the result completely, and also this doesn't prove anything, the exact same happened when lucifer beat YHVH and when Nahobino best Lucifer, which is that when they beat the powerful being, they become more powerful...and to acquire that power, Nahobino has to beat Demi-Fiend, which I proved he cannot do solo
You didn’t prove anything. As of SMT V, we do know that’s Demi-Fiend’s canon team, as to which Nahobino has already beaten, with or without demons. You can’t objectively prove he used demons, because solo runs of him without demons exist. This isn’t just conjecture, because other instances, such as the Lucifer boss fight you mentioned is a narrative test for the Demi-Fiend, and his strength.

Lucifer killed YHVH solo, as it’s never credited to anyone else, or his armies, just him.

Regarding profiles needing update:

Yes, we need updates for SMT profiles, but so far none affects this fight remotely. Yes, there is the "things should be saved for later" final part, but this thread lacks evidence that any changes the profiles need ever affect this fight, please present them.
No idea where you pulled that random list from, but no, that’s not even close to half of the updates that are being used for the verse.

You didn’t prove anything. As of SMT V, we do know that’s Demi-Fiend’s canon team, as to which Nahobino has already beaten, with or without demons. You can’t objectively prove he used demons, because solo runs of him without demons exist.
Prove me that solo runs are canon lol
And there's no team, I've said it twice, it's a 1v1
This isn’t just conjecture, because other instances, such as the Lucifer boss fight you mentioned is a narrative test for the Demi-Fiend, and his strength.
How does that relate at all to what I said? I haven't talked about demi vs lucifer at all, I've talked about match-ups that add power afterwards (YHVH vs Lucifer and Nahobino vs Lucifer)
No idea where you pulled that random list from, but no, that’s not even close to half of the updates that are being used for the verse.
The only recent thread I've found (with almost no research) on the topic. Still, prove to me that any change needs to be done and affects this fight

The only recent thread I've found (with almost no research) on the topic. Still, prove to me that any change needs to be done and affects this fight
SMT runs on infinite worlds theory technically so yeah that can be canon.
Also we really expecting Pixie to just stand there and not do anything in the fight?

Not recent enough apparently. This is the thread in question. So yeah, no matchups sorry.

Also having Demons or not doesn't really matter, since all of the victories are attributed to YOU specifically in the games, the Demons are there for support.

This isn’t just conjecture, because other instances, such as the Lucifer boss fight you mentioned is a narrative test for the Demi-Fiend, and his strength.

My point that Demi-Fiend vs Lucifer is narratively 1v1 fight. He, and the guidebooks point this out that it’s a test to him, and solely him.

How does that relate at all to what I said? I haven't talked about demi vs lucifer at all, I've talked about match-ups that add power afterwards (YHVH vs Lucifer and Nahobino vs Lucifer)
Read earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back