• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (Devil May Cry 5) vs Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne)

I mean, the Demi-Fiend's well below him in stats and his aura isn't even that of a full demon, would he really consider him a threat?
Most likely. He's still in the same "tier" as Dante. The demons he clowns on tend to be like tier 7, NOWHERE near his level of power, Dante couldn't lose to them even if he wanted to

in DMC3 the only one who poses an actual challenge to him are Vergil and Arkham, and he's serious against both, but DMC3 Dante is his "cockiest" version. In DMC1 the only one who is on his level is Mundus, and again, super serious.

Fair enough, but I'd still argue the Demi-Fiend's so much weaker than him he wouldn't be that serious about it, all the people you've listed are either stronger than him or equal. He did also crack a lotta jokes at Arkham though I'm sure he fought seriously after that. I might be getting too much into a character study here but if he senses the Demi-Fiend's also half demon half human he'd also be very curious about him.

He was serious against Argosax, and he literally oneshot him; being "much weaker" isn't a issue, it's more of a "tier" thing; Argosax was in the same "power tier" as Dante and thus he was serious even tho he was much much stronger.

Fair enough. Still, considering what Milly said, should we put this on hold? SMT is undergoing revisions.

Pinky promise I'm not gonna start a debate here, what's the tiering change based on?

You said you're planning on removing the Low 2-C tiering, what's that based on

Feat from the DeSu1 primarily, holding back The Expanse, a Low 1-C structure. I’ve talked to many mods about this, and I’ve gotten mixed opinions. Admittedly, some agree, some disagree with the logic, but it’s still a long way away before I try anything.

Well he does have Murakumo and Kamudo which resist physical, though they're respectively weak to fire and status effects.

Anyway, I still haven't gotten an answer on whether his hax is Low 1-C/2-A/Whatever in nature

Anyway, I still haven't gotten an answer on whether his hax is Low 1-C/2-A/Whatever in nature

Dunno if this proves it, but I've seen a few SMT supporters claim that every magic-based attack comes from the Akashic Records, which should be somewhere on the same level as YHWH.

That's not really how observation works

It doesn't just allow a messiah to instantly kill everything in front of him, it allows them to negate High Godly and slowly depower YHVH while also beating them to death with an onslaught of attacks

I guess it could help close the gap between Dante and Demi-Fiend in this case but alternatively

Dante could also just cut them in half before they manage anything

It's worth mentioning the Demi-Fiend has a whole squad of demons he can summon to debuff and status Dante or buff him. They're way below either in stats, unless he's summoned Matador already, but it's not like the Demi-Fiend isn't the primary damage dealer in the actual game anyway. If we allow that, that is, idk

:/

might as well make him midgame DF, since he's fighting at a quarter of his strength anyway

It's at least because he might also be 2-A instead

He's not in this matchup and Dante definitely has far superior AP

At that, I don't think it's assumed Demi-Fiend starts with a whole squad of demons, and if he wants to summon extra, that's going to take more time that Dante can use in turn to just one-shot him.

Yeah even in that key his stats are lower than Dante's by a fair amount

Also I might change the OP to make it so that DF starts with a squad of demons to give DF a fairer chance

I do think that might be a good idea, I have to admit Dante seems like the winner rn

Kind of a weird selection. Idk if this is allowed actually, specifying what demons he has

Back