• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (Devil May Cry 5) vs Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne)

These profiles remind me how much our current SMT profiles such, ugh.

And the fact that all of Demi-Fiend’s notable hax aren’t even on his profile.
WYM by that? not that I necessarily disagree.

Anyway, I don't remember if Megaten hax is tier 1 in nature or something, idk

I think freezing Hitoshura in a prison of Absolute Zero is possible as I don't see that he has resistance to that.

or i maybe very wrong and have it to fight against someone who uses a spell of AZ

Last edited:
Being the concept of cold =/= your attacks being absolute zero. Those are completely different things and one that doesn't lead to the other.
And in Persona it translate to absolute zero, and I really don’t think anyone is gonna hassle over that considering both series use the exact same spells. Here’s the proof too.
That spell isn't named Bufula, so not the same thing.

What do you mean?

Ah, yeah I see. However skills like Bufudyne are stronger, and likely just as cold, as it would logically make no sense to be stronger ice spell and get less cold.

Honestly, buffs in SMT are overhyped

Like, they do drastically change a fight but it needs some buildup for the gap to get massive. If the opponent just oneshots you before you can get that... Yeah, not going to work out.

That said Demi-Fiend doesn't anywhere near scale up enough from Thor and Matador to withstand what Dante can dish out before he unleashes a few War Crys

Honestly, buffs in SMT are overhyped

Like, they do drastically change a fight but it needs some buildup for the gap to get massive. If the opponent just oneshots you before you can get that... Yeah, not going to work out.

That said Demi-Fiend doesn't anywhere near scale up enough from Thor and Matador to withstand what Dante can dish out before he unleashes a few War Crys
Well, he has regeneration that Dante can’t put down. It’s inevitable he’s going to get the debuffs and buffs that will allow him to keep up.

This is one of the most ridiculous straw men I've seen in my whole life. It doesnt' matter if it is conceptual, he's cold, not AZ, for it to be AZ needs a direct statement.
How is it a strawman? I didn’t take it further from the actual topic, you said your fridge isn’t AZ (even though no one has ever called their fridge the embodiment of cold, which Jack Frost is), and I said that your fridge isn’t the archetypal human collective idea of cold.

AZ is still cold, I don’t see why there’s a distinction.

AZ is like wayyyyyy beyond what one considers cold tho is it not? It helps to have direct proof or statements like Sub Zero 1, he was stated in a manual to have ice that is like minus 500 degrees iirc

At this point we gotta ask: What answer does DF have to being instantly cut in 2? Because that's what's gonna happen given the AP gap.
It's also worth noting that since DF is a powerful demon, Dante isn't gonna mess around, he's going for the kill right off the bat

I mean, Dante kind of always messes around from my experience, though I haven't played DMCV yet. But yeah I guess unless the Demi-Fiend has a magatama that nulls physical or leads with a debilitating status effect he might just get shliced

Dante NEVER messes around with demons he knows are a threat. He didn't mess around with Mundus, didn't mess with Argosax, went straight for the kill against both Vergil and Urizen. He would know that DF is a threat because of his aura reading.

I mean, the Demi-Fiend's well below him in stats and his aura isn't even that of a full demon, would he really consider him a threat?

Ugh, this is irritating now, especially since looking at it, with a majority of his abilities missing I can’t use them till they’re on the profile.

Back