• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Discussion Thread: I'm Going Ghost!

Possible Immeasurable Speed Danny Phantom...

Crazy. Based Danny will solo Bleach if this goes through.

Simple ability addition for Clockwork.

Possible Immeasurable Speed Danny Phantom...

Oh well. We tried.

Some general additions to some characters and ghost physiology, plus a minor feat that supports human scaling.

Match for Dani Phantom (Danny's clone). I'll try and find other matches for other characters as well.

Size upgrade for the Ghost Zone. Just a bigger 2-A, no tier 1 so don't get your hopes up

Made a thread regarding a possible speed feat for Technus on the Questions and Answers board. If anyone is knowledgeable on computers (in regards to their speed) your input would be helpful.

Made a redux of that Immeasurable Speed thread but now it's just discussing the potential for infinite speed since we now accept the timestreams (universes) in the Ghost Zone as infinite in size.

Cool matchup if anyone interrested

My Top Ten Strongest DP Character list (In terms of standard raw power), so this doesn't include moves that would count as buff (Ghostly Wail)

1. Vlad Plasmius (New Emotional Drive) - Completely overpowered Dark Danny (Clockwork Overshadowed) after attaining his new drive.

2. Dark Danny (Clockwork Overshadowed) - Knocked out Danny Phantom (New Emotional Drive), Vlad Plasmius (Pre Emotional Drive), and the strongest ghost hunters with one explosion wave despite Danny putting up an ecto shield.

3. Danny Phantom (New Emotional Drive) / Ghost Hunters (with weaponry) - Danny with his new drive could harm Dark Danny even after he overshadowed Clockwork although is overall weaker. The same for the Ghost Hunters like Valerie Gray and the Fentons, their weapons can harm him just not do serious damage.

4. Dark Danny (Pre-Clockwork Overshadow) - Stated that no one could stop him (at that time), which would include Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring), who he knows exist.

5. Future Fright Knight - Knocked out Future Valerie briefly who can somewhat survive attacks from Dark Danny although not many.

6. Future Valerie - The only person in the future timeline that could stand up to Dark Danny and her weapons could knock back Dark Danny and he opted to dodge them.

7. Ancient Ghosts (Together) - Their power together was just enough to knock out Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring). However Individually their weaker to an unknown extent.

8. Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring) - The strongest ghost (Individually and not including the future timeline and the Graphic Novel events that come later). Even without the Crown and Ring), practically every ghost fears him, and even Danny and Vlad during the Graphic Novel events (Pre Emotional Drive) both admitted that if Pariah got out, they'd be doomed.

9. Danny Phantom (Season 2/Exoskeleton) - Comparable to Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring) as he could harm him to some degree, although weaker.

10. Pariah Dark (Base) - Stated to be the only ghost with enough power to handle the of the Crown of Fire and Ring of Rage (Dark Danny doesn't exist at this time), making him the strongest ghost individual. Even without the Crown and Ring), practically every ghost fears him, and even Danny and Vlad during the Graphic Novel events (Both Pre Emotional Drive) both admitted that if Pariah got out, they'd be doomed.

My Top Ten Strongest DP Character list (In terms of standard raw power), so this doesn't include moves that would count as buff (Ghostly Wail)

1. Vlad Plasmius (New Emotional Drive) - Completely overpowered Dark Danny (Clockwork Overshadowed) after attaining his new drive.

2. Dark Danny (Clockwork Overshadowed) - Knocked out Danny Phantom (New Emotional Drive), Vlad Plasmius (Pre Emotional Drive), and the strongest ghost hunters with one explosion wave despite Danny putting up an ecto shield.

3. Danny Phantom (New Emotional Drive) / Ghost Hunters (with weaponry) - Danny with his new drive could harm Dark Danny even after he overshadowed Clockwork although is overall weaker. The same for the Ghost Hunters like Valerie Gray and the Fentons, their weapons can harm him just not do serious damage.

4. Dark Danny (Pre-Clockwork Overshadow) - Stated that no one could stop him (at that time), which would include Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring), who he knows exist.

5. Future Fright Knight - Knocked out Future Valerie briefly who can somewhat survive attacks from Dark Danny although not many.

6. Future Valerie - The only person in the future timeline that could stand up to Dark Danny and her weapons could knock back Dark Danny and he opted to dodge them.

7. Ancient Ghosts (Together) - Their power together was just enough to knock out Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring). However Individually their weaker to an unknown extent.

8. Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring) - The strongest ghost (Individually and not including the future timeline and the Graphic Novel events that come later). Even without the Crown and Ring), practically every ghost fears him, and even Danny and Vlad during the Graphic Novel events (Pre Emotional Drive) both admitted that if Pariah got out, they'd be doomed.

9. Danny Phantom (Season 2/Exoskeleton) - Comparable to Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring) as he could harm him to some degree, although weaker.

10. Pariah Dark (Base) - Stated to be the only ghost with enough power to handle the of the Crown of Fire and Ring of Rage (Dark Danny doesn't exist at this time), making him the strongest ghost individual. Even without the Crown and Ring), practically every ghost fears him, and even Danny and Vlad during the Graphic Novel events (Both Pre Emotional Drive) both admitted that if Pariah got out, they'd be doomed.
So Vlad has surpassed Dark Danny now? That's unexpected

So Vlad has surpassed Dark Danny now? That's unexpected
Yes, new emotional drive Vlad is currently the strongest character (standard power wise) in the verse, I thought it was going to be Danny but Gabriella decided not to do that which surprised me.

New thread discussion about Ghost intangibility getting potential layers if anyone is interested.

Should the DP characters have the "Varies" rating since that power effects their overall strength and is the source of it in general? We have several examples and statements from the show of characters losing or gaining power when their emotional state changes, and the graphic novel further goes into detail on this. It will apply to humans as well since they have that emotional energy too.

I'm looking through the examples of regeneration and I'm not exactly sure if they count or not. These ones seem more like examples of how ghosts are translucent and that physical objects don't effect ectoplasm

And the last three examples feel more like a showcase of how ectoplasm can take multiple forms and that a ghost's consciousness (or whatever it is) does not matter on what form the ectoplasm takes.

I'm looking through the examples of regeneration and I'm not exactly sure if they count or not. These ones seem more like examples of how ghosts are translucent and that physical objects don't effect ectoplasm
Danny wasn't translucent. If he was in his natural ghost state, the objects would have just passed through him without effect his form, however, you can the object Shadow through split his body in half, and then they reconnected. The second one shows the book disrupt his form with it quickly reconnecting as it passes through.

This is what it looks like when a ghost (ectoplasm) tries to touch a physical object in their true state. As you can see, Walker's body didn't disrupt, neither was he split in half when Danny walked through him. The two moments you linked are Danny being physical but in a goo/semisolid state respectively (Ghosts can change the structure of there body),
And the last three examples feel more like a showcase of how ectoplasm can take multiple forms and that a ghost's consciousness (or whatever it is) does not matter on what form the ectoplasm takes.
They still reformed themselves from a reduced/broken state, which we consider regeneration as far as I know.

This is what it looks like when a ghost (ectoplasm) tries to touch a physical object in their true state. As you can see, Walker's body didn't disrupt, neither was he split in half when Danny walked through him. The two moments you linked are Danny being physical but in a goo/semisolid state respectively (Ghosts can change the structure of there body)
Okay, but how do you explain the book then, isn't that a physical object?

Okay, but how do you explain the book then, isn't that a physical object?
Yeah, the book is a physical object. Danny's semisolid form gets disrupted by the book briefly which wouldn't have happened if he was completely intangibility. However It could just be a visual goof (the series has several of those), but appearance wise his body quickly reconnects as the book tares through his semisolid state. I'd say this one isn't as clear as the others so I don't mind it's removal.

It's the same as this moment. Jack tosses the ghost a coin, however, it's in a semisolid state so the coin disrupts that part of his hand (you can even see a few goop droplets fly off) and then the hole is fixed immediately. In Danny's case, the book clearly disrupts his midsection but it quickly fixes as it passes through. Like I said though, I don't mind removing it if it's not good enough given they have a clearer feat.

Last edited:
Made a thread to potentially add a Varies rating to the DP characters.

Back