• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dan Kuroto vs Rumplestiltskin (The God against the Dark One)

unless someone start posting Rumplestiltskin's starting move this thread will go nowhere

I meant I don't really watch once upon time

Jamesthetaker said:
Can you provide the source of that statment please?
Tha is, indeed, a complicated story. The timelines alone, they make one's head spin. Only a True Author would weave such a tale.
~ The Apprentice; Season 7, Episode 21​

does he already know the power of his opponent from the start?

does he always knew the power of his opponents from the start?

That don't sound like Low 2-C to me. Take Aoi Hayanose as a example:

She can manipulation the "script" of the world simultaneously. She's also capable of seeing/sensing the Fate value of events and Destiny value of people and knows how to manipulate them.

Yet, none of those above show that her hax is Low 2-C.

if he automatically knew his opponent's ability from the very beginning of fight, and could strip their power and in character to do that from the very start of battle wouldn't that pretty much a stomp?

like wouldn't it be stomp to pretty much everyone he fought too?

if he didn't go straight to that Kuroto should have some chance. but if he would strip his opponent the very second they begin, unless someone possess immunity to reality warping, it will be stomp in most situation

A Stomp thread is when one character is immediately able to win against another, whether it is via battlefield removal, incapacitation or killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics.

even if Kuroto has a ability to win, if what you claim were right, that Rumple will start by stripping his power then its already one sided.

then tell me how its not a stomp if there is literally no way to retaliate from the very second the fight start

actually, feel free to call the staff, but I will leave it to the OP.

partly to respect the op, partly cuz I am not sure how

The fight is not a stomp because Kuroto can, yes, defeat Rumple. He's simply not able to because Rumple's powers activate faster, and will do him away instantly. That is what we call decisive, you know.

ya know, there are already example in stomp page about what we call stomp thread,

having a chance to win does not mean its not a stomp

a stomp clearly state one will not have chance to retaliate, which is the case in this thread

but let's leave that to admin/staff/op to judge

The Archdemon said:
The fight is not a stomp because Kuroto can, yes, defeat Rumple. He's simply not able to because Rumple's powers activate faster, and will do him away instantly. That is what we call decisive, you know.
If this is true of this fight (and I'm not necessarily saying it is), then Archdemon is correct. A match of this type isn't a stomp and is in fact a decisive win at most.

People have this argument with each other every time a character someone likes loses in a scenario like this, and the verdict doesn't change.

what makes this fight is far from close fight is because as stated above Rumple already has ability that give him complete info about his opponents from the moment the battle start,

now, if he knew his opponent from start, knew how he will react and knew how to make him powerless, would that give his opponent (which has no such ability) moment to retaliate?

if that is not a stomp, feel free to close the thread as we already know the winner

"Moment to retaliate" is irrelevant when both parties are have multiple ways of killing or otherwise defeating each other without using passives. In that scenario, it's a matter of who does what action first and how fast, which is not a stomp.

Also no, I'm not closing this, because that's not how matches work. They're only meant to be closed after seven (or more) votes for a particular side and a grace period of 24 hours.

then I apologize, based on example given on stomp page, I assume battle of similar statistic but one sided can also considered a stomp

feel free to continue

I feel like that interpretation is wrong given that Star Wars with "Open Mindhax GG" is a horrible stomp example since quite a few characters always start with that, all the time, so even the remote possibility that the opposition can retaliate is literal 0%. In order for them to win, they have to be OOC which goes against SBA (Either Bloodlusted State or In-Character. There's no "OOC" State).

Akreious said:
I feel like that interpretation is wrong given that Star Wars with "Open Mindhax GG" is a horrible stomp example since quite a few characters always start with that, all the time, so even the remote possibility that the opposition can retaliate is literal 0%. In order for them to win, they have to be OOC which goes against SBA (Either Bloodlusted State or In-Character. There's no "OOC" State).
As I said, this argument has been made before several times, and it hasn't changed anything. We don't close matches for being a stomp just because one side has one or two really good moves they always use unless those moves are passive. That's a standard that's held for as long as we've had matches, and continues to hold no matter how many times people keep bringing it up when characters they root for lose in that manner.

It's also common sense; a character using one move that wins against someone who's otherwise vastly superior and has multiple ways to kill them isn't a stomp. It's Character A narrowly avoiding getting stomped themselves.

Back