• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Adventurer WIP Blog Pt. IV

I'll make the edits then.

Also in reading the novels for more context it seems like the Chaos Hound took a direct head slash from a prime Cyric (when he had the profilos of Bane and Co.) and all he got was medium sized wound that healed in a few seconds. So presumably another divine power nullification feat.

While you're still here, would you mind doing a edit that was brought to my attention earlier. It seems like when I created the page for the Hecatoncheires I switched the "a" and the "t". So it reads Hectaoncheires instead. Would you mind changing the page to the correct name?

Huh, guess the chain also had some anti-EE stuff or something

The sword seemed to fight against the blow, but the resistance was not nearly enough to counter Cyric's fury. As if it had been wrought of porcelain, the link shattered. The blow also broke an enchantment that countered the Hound's pestilent aura; rust and decay spread from the beast's throat, down the collar and the remainder of the chain.

Kezef tossed back his head and howled gleefully. The rusted, useless chain slid from his neck, clattering to the floor. The Chaos Hound was free.

So should I start working on the evil frog men, Jean Grey Mystra, or help out with adding stuff to the Mind Flayers like the Lich and Elder Brain stuff.

Abyss has no chill

Also you know, I just realized that Vecna's Plan A actually supports our current rating system. Vecna is the sole Greater God in a Crystal Sphere with at least 20-40 Lesser and Intermediate deities and yet none of them, even working together could overthrow his control over that section of the multiverse.

So Greater Gods being infinitely above lesser gods isn't to insane too my understanding.

If we ever make a profile for Mystral we should note that she's stronger than Mystra

> Unbeknownst to the Goddess of Magic, Ao long ago took some of her power and divided it up between other entitiesthe demigod Azuth and several humans (including Elminster, The Simbul, and Khelben Blackstaff Arunsun). This both kept Mystra from becoming too powerful, and prevented any other being from gaining too much power from controlling her. Ao's actions incidentally granted the humans immortality.

...huh.

I don't think we need one in the near future since they are essentially the same character but noted, yeah

Oh god why does Mystra have so many spells. I know why but why

we should write her a sternly worded letter

also again if we're being technicall all the gods can just cast all the spells

I know 2e said that but 3e implied that they were limited to domain spells if they weren't magic gods/spellcaster. No idea what later editions said though.

Unrelated by Immortals seemingly have the best range in terms of spells. With power attacks they can hit someone no matter the distance, planar boundary, or dimensional boundary between them. To bad they have (comparably) no hax compared to gods.

If we do hold D&D to be a composite then 2e should suffice.

Got Midnight's section done. When I find the will to type up Mystra's at will magic powers I'll do that, add a tabber, and include the various extra abilites both would have due to magic.

Say, if One were to obtain a Word of God statement saying the LoP is Infinite Dimensional, would that suffice for you?

I'm unsure really. The main issue is that her being infinite dimensional relies on cross universe scaling and assuming that she can overpower the Old One's barrier. I guess it might change her "possibly higher" to "possibly High 1-B", but even then it may be a WoG issue like how people would use WoG to try and downgrade (or upgrade) various universes.

So it basically comes down to how consistent it feels like I guess.

That would be an outlier compared to their usual portrayal of power imo. They've been killed or stopped by weaker stuff.

you asking, Udl

it frightens me

Updated the Midnight section. Now I just have to add Mystra's spells along with updating her powers and abilities section.

Qawsedf234 said:
That would be an outlier compared to their usual portrayal of power imo. They've been killed or stopped by weaker stuff.
Well, they do have that comparison to the 1-A/High 1-B Gods of the Far Realm.

To be fair a lot of fictions say "It is said" or "They theorize" or "It could be" but we know it's the writers telling us that it is true, because, if they didn't want to it hold some truth, they wouldn't add it.

Unlike with IRL, where we can speculate on facts, in fiction, when things like that show up, it's obvious the writer is screaming at people to know that fact.

Sure, I do agree that in fiction people theorizing typically have some in-universe credence to them. But in this case we have a few hang ups

• The statement is leaps and bounds above everything else
  • The realm in question is so strange thst even Gods will go insane from trying to comprehend it
  • The sages are just theorizing based on what they know of a strange alien culture
Now I'm not saying that it's wrong or outright incorrect. But it should be taken with a grain of salt and consider how it stacks up with everything else.

Personally, considering almost every Far Realm entity is vastly below the realm itself I think 2-A not Cthulhu gods make more sense than 1-C/1-A. Plus not only are they as strong as gods, but they possess Malefic Properties on top of it.

just waiting for the WoG statements making the normal gods High 1-B

So once I get Mystra done.... wait. Bambu I can't believe i forgot. The Modrons. I'll do them and the CN frogs next.

...the little robot men?

Make them a civ page I s'pose, but yeah I guess they'd be a funny edition. Weren't they all like 9-B?

EDIT: Nvm at least one of them made it to 6-C.

Yeah. He's a Greater Power while in Nirvana/Mechanus. In fact of near-powers are typically only as strong as they are on their home plane. Otherwise they're much weaker.

Qawsedf234 said:
Yeah. He's a Greater Power while in Nirvana/Mechanus. In fact of near-powers are typically only as strong as they are on their home plane. Otherwise they're much weaker.
I always saw it as their Wi-Fi signal getting low.

Mr. Bambu said:
...the little robot men?
Make them a civ page I s'pose, but yeah I guess they'd be a funny edition. Weren't they all like 9-B?

EDIT: Nvm at least one of them made it to 6-C.
From their 3e stuff

• Base Modron = 1/2 (I dunno 10-B to 9-B)
  • Duodrone = 1 (9-B)
  • Tridrone = 2 (9-B)
  • Quadrone = 3 (9-B)
  • Pentadrone = 4 (At least 9-B)
  • Dectaton = 8 (At least 9-A)
  • Nonaton = 10 (High 8-C)
  • Octon = 11 (High 8-C)
  • Septon = 12 (At least High 8-C)
  • Hexton = 13 (7-B)
  • Quinton = 14 (7-B)
  • Quarton = 15 (7-B)
  • Teritan = 16 (7-B)
  • Secundus = 19 (6-C)
  • Primus = Rating not given. Presumably its: At least 6-C, likely 6-B (Out of Realm), At least Low 2-C (The 3e Primus is rated as a lesser god, presumably because its new/in realm), 2-A (When around for long enough/in realm)

Back