• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Adventurer WIP Blog Pt. III

Laptop is getting fixed so limited internet time, sorry if the comments from me are few and far between.

Neat
Good find. Law manip seems prevalent for high tiers.

Did you see my star light thing yesterday? How do you feel about that SoL/MFTL rating

I did, and... I'm on the fence about it. I think At least SoL, possibly MFTL+ could work with some consideration given the vast amount of starlight based attacks.

Okay so I got all of the magic powers and supernatural abilites for Asmodeus down. Now I just need to add powers.

Also I forget, were Devils decided to be Type 2 or 3 abstracts based on this statement ? We had a CRT on it but I forget what the results were

Type 1, actually.

Really? But I think people can perma-kill a Devil without needing to destroy the concept of Lawful Evil. I thought it would be a Type 2 or 3 sort of deal.

You don't need to be the whole abstract concept to be Type 1, you just need to be purely of abstraction. Type 2 implies Regenerationn from it, Type 3 implies the ability to manipulate it, Type 1 is merely existing as an abstract.

Basically, you need the ability to affect abstraction to affect them, but you need'nt the ability to destroy the whole abstract network they belong to.

Guess it fits in with the magic weapons hitting people on multiple planes of reality thing.

Actually sort of, yeah. Hadn't even considered that bit but that does add a reason as to why magic weapons would be able to hit them.

Neat.

Also means that random strong animals can hit abstract concepts in D&D.

I mean

When you've leaped into the abyss of random shit you made up one day to explain your game, may as well go all in.

Also tbf D&D animals can get pretty extreme. Like the CR 25+ animals that were the first of their kind in existence.

Yeah so it does make sense, memes aside.

So this is how I'm doing the power and ability section right now. For the Solar and Archdevil forms I'm only including their At-Will, Daily, and Always Active powers since they would always come with those. Their standard magic will just be in a list that anyone can read.

Thoughts on this?

Sounds good, basically any powers held by Asmodeus explicitly and the typical abilities of the Solars/Archdevils.

Archdevils should likely maintain the same level of regen as other pseudo-godly beings btw, at Mid-Godly.

I know that they at least have Low-Mid, since both the Solar and Archdevil forms can regenerate entire limbs and body parts within a 1-6 minutes or instantly if they reattach them. I think their like, "Kill me but I'll come back anyways" is more due to Immortality than regen. Like with the Solar

> Unless it is on its home plane, only the material form of a solar can be destroyed. Its spirit requires seven decades to reform.

After a certain point immortality and Regenerationn are the same thing- regen just describes what you can come back from and immortality describes the requirements.

Hmmm. It seems weird to not seperate them. Maybe note that it takes a really long time for them to regenerate from complete body destruction?

Mr. Bambu said:
I did, and... I'm on the fence about it. I think At least SoL, possibly MFTL+ could work with some consideration given the vast amount of starlight based attacks.
Also should just consider any immediate interrupt powers (powers that trigger off when an attack roll is made, but the effect happen before the attack hits) as outliers when it comes to triggering off the At least SoL, possaibly MFTL+ attacks?

Either they're outlier or the person preemptive doing something to stop the attack. Though I guess you could make a case for Legendary Adventuers to be highly stated out.

Tier: At least 6-B, likely High 6-A | Unknow | At least 2-A, possibly High 2-A

Name
: Pandorym

Origi: Dungeons and Dragons

Classificatio: Elder Evil

Powers and Abilities: Large Size (Type 0, 40 feet in diameter) | Large Size (Type 0, 30 feet in diameter) | All previous to a much higher degree

Attack Potency: At least Country level (Should be comparable to other Elder Evils such as Zargon and Father Llymic), likely Multi-Continent level (Considered so dangerous Demons, Devils, Angels, Mortals, and Gods will form alliances to halt its release which should put it on similar levels to Abominations) | Unknow (Stated that the body itself can end a campaign world. Can ignore conventional durability due to acting like a Sphere of Annihilatio) | At least Multiverse level+ (Repeatably stated as being capable of killing every deity and ending the multiverse), possibly High Multiverse level+ (Exists perpendicular to the Multiverse, stated that to come from an area beyond the Multiverse, its body rests in trans-dimensional space that's connected to the multiverse only at one point but still isn't Pandorym home space, and stated to come from an alien reality)

Speed: At least Hypersonic+, with High Hypersonic+ reactions (far above people who can avoid the spell Call Lightning and can tag individuals with the evasion feat) | At least SuperHuman (Can move 90 feet in one second) | Unknow, likely Infinite (Able to fight deities)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength
: Unknow (Lacks a physical form) | Unknow | At least Multiversal level+, possibly High Multiverse level+

Durability
: At least Country level, likely Multi-Continent level | Unknow | At least Multiversal level+, possibly High Multiverse level+

Stamina
: Unknow

Range
: Extended Melee due to size, varies from tens of meters to thousands of meters with spells and psionic powers. Multiversal+ with the Seal of Binding | Extended melee range due to size | At least Multiversal level+, possibly High Multiverse level+

Standard Equipment
: None notable

Intelligence: At least Extraordinary Genius (Its intelligence rating is 35 which is superior to the Elder Brai) | Mindless | At least Extraordinary Genius

Weaknesses: Lacks a physical form | Has no mind | None notable

Sign: Seal of Binding

This sign manifests as a glyph that spreads across the sky and increasingly interferes with planar communication and transportation.

Faint: Conjuration (calling, summoning, and teleportation) and divination spells and similar spell-like abilities are impeded, meaning that a caster must succeed on a Spellcraft check (DC 20 + the level of the spell) or lose the spell or spell slot without effect. In addition, spells that forcibly return creatures to their native plane, such as banishment and dismissal, automatically fail.

Moderate: As faint, but in addition, summoned creatures no longer return to their native planes. When a summoning spell's duration expires, the summoned creature is no longer under the caster's control. Divine spellcasters have difficulty drawing on the Positive Energy and Negative Energy planes, and they cannot communicate easily with their deities. Divine spells are cast at ―1 caster level, and turn or rebuke attempts take a ―5 penalty on the check and damage rolls.

Strong: As moderate, but in addition, a conjuration (teleportation) spell or similar spell-like ability has a 20% chance of a mishap (see teleport, PH 293), regardless of familiarity with the destination. The spell fails, and the caster and all others affected by the casting each take 5d6 points of damage. The connection with the transitive planes and the Outer Planes grows more tenuous. Divine spells are cast at ―2 caster level, and turn or rebuke attempts take a ―10 penalty on the check and damage rolls.

Overwhelming: All conjuration (calling, summoning, and teleportation) effects cease to function. Divination effects that contact extraplanar beings (such as commune and contact other plane) are likewise foiled. Divine spellcasters attempting to replenish their spells for the day incur a 20% chance per spell of not gaining the spell or spell slot. Divine spells are cast at ―4 caster level, and turn or rebuke attempts take a ―20 penalty on the check and damage rolls.
Keys: Mind | Body | Unified

This page might possibly be the largest profile on the site when completed.

It would have been. Before interuption it was on the second key and had breached 100k bytes (second out of many). However now it is being split into a fuckton of smaller profiles because people didn't want it all in one place.

I think a few of them will still be the largest, just not to the same degree as before. I suspect Psions, Wizards, and Clerics will tie, or thereabouts.

It'll probably go Wizard > Cleric > Psion if you don't add in Epic Level spells. The bigger issue is that like, after they become Gods everyone esstienally gains the same list of powers and abilites.

I mean

Yeah since gods can use everything

So basically an Abyssal Lord is strong enough to just not get absorbed

Strong enough to force the layer to bend to their will while smart enough to not be absorbed by said layer. Which makes Graz'zt's three layers pretty impressive.

Graz'zt is definitely impressive. He rarely gets enough credit as is, despite canonically being one of the top demon lords.

It's because he's purple, isn't it?

Back