• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A insectophobe flower made of metal fights a metal hungry insect thing(BFDI vs D&D)(1-0-2)

FLOWER vs RUST MONSTER

Rules:
  1. Flower is on her Yoyel metal key
  2. Optional habilities 9-A Rust Monster
  3. Speed is equalized
  4. Flowey has no optional equipamente and starts not wearing her sweaters
  5. Battle takes on a test of strengh trail shrine from LoZ:BotW
The insectophobe metal flower: 1 (Axorandom0)

The metal hungry insect:

I just want to see how rust monster would go against someone that is made of metal and is a meele fighter, I was going to put rust monster against Colossus but there is no explanation if non metal form colossus was also planet level or not(incon): 2 (noninho, James_Plays_4_Games)

Last edited:
With the huge stat gap between the two characters, Flower rusting wouldn't matter because she would've already won by then. If the rusting is quickly lethal, then the battle would be inconclusive since the two combatants would die when they hit each other.
It say It's immediate deconstruction on the profile
  • Rust: Contact with a Rust Monster (Though most notably with their antennae or mouth) causes immediate rusting and destruction of equipment

With the huge stat gap between the two characters, Flower rusting wouldn't matter because she would've already won by then. If the rusting is quickly lethal, then the battle would be inconclusive since the two combatants would die when they hit each other.
also, the bug can always hit first

It does have martial arts, stealth mastery and prensile limbs, so possible, and if It get's hitted It's still a incon
Martial arts comes from weapon mastery, and seeing how it has no equipment anywhere on its profile, that wouldn’t matter. Stealth mastery & prensile limbs are good wincons but I do think Flower would be able to hit Rust Monster as it lunges out at her. I’m voting incon right now.

Oh yes, and Yoyel metal flower was only used before flower got over her fear of bugs, so she is also funking scared as hell during this entire fight

Oh yes, and Yoyel metal flower was only used before flower got over her fear of bugs, so she is also funking scared as hell during this entire fight
She mostly just freaks out at them, as shown here, but she still let the bug get on her in that scene so now I think that she wouldn’t be able to counter Rust Monster for an incon. I’m changing my vote to Rust Monster.

To be fair, she wasn't expecting a bug to jump on her all of the sunddle
Well, considering how Rust Monster’s intelligence notes that it disregards all safety to get metal, that situation would probably happen here, leading to Flower freaking out and getting rusted immediately

What even would Flower’s wincons be that she could safely perform?
trow one of her petals like a rock at It so It explode far away, isntead of punching It just shoving the bug so It will explode far away, put on her sweater like this and kinda just roll over the bug, grabing It by the foot and trowing It away, etc etc

Well, the petal thing happened on accident, so she likely wouldn't do it in character, and Flower isn't the one doing the thing in BFB 23, meaning she might not even perceive it as an option. Now, grabbing Rust Monster by the foot may seem like a good idea until it uses it's tail or another limb to try and attack Flower. Plus, I don't think Flower has ever been shown to restrain an opponent's limbs in combat throughout the entire series. So, yeah, I don't think Flower has wincons that she will be likely to use.

Well, the petal thing happened on accident, so she likely wouldn't do it in character, and Flower isn't the one doing the thing in BFB 23, meaning she might not even perceive it as an option. Now, grabbing Rust Monster by the foot may seem like a good idea until it uses it's tail or another limb to try and attack Flower. Plus, I don't think Flower has ever been shown to restrain an opponent's limbs in combat throughout the entire series. So, yeah, I don't think Flower has wincons that she will be likely to use.
Non being in character dodot make things a stomp and rust monster tail don't inflict rusting, only It's blood, mouth and antena

She can also use the destructable pillars of the arena as a bashing weapon like she did to kill a bug that one time

Non being in character dodot make things a stomp and rust monster tail don't inflict rusting, only It's blood, mouth and antena

She can also use the destructable pillars of the arena as a bashing weapon like she did to kill a bug that one time
Oh, ok, I didn't know that only those parts caused rust since it doesn't explicitly say where on the body metal has to touch in order to rust (It only says "Though most notably with their antennae or mouth). Anyways, I do see using the pillars as a wincon, but since the starting distance isn't mentioned, I don't know if that is viable or not based on the distance.

Oh, ok, I didn't know that only those parts caused rust since it doesn't explicitly say where on the body metal has to touch in order to rust (It only says "Though most notably with their antennae or mouth). Anyways, I do see using the pillars as a wincon, but since the starting distance isn't mentioned, I don't know if that is viable or not based on the distance.
Thanknjs to object phisiology giving objects planetary range with elasticity, sba would put them at 4 km apart but sinse the combat chamber has less then 4 km they just start in oposite walls of the arena, max distancv possible in this place

Thanknjs to object phisiology giving objects planetary range with elasticity, sba would put them at 4 km apart but sinse the combat chamber has less then 4 km they just start in oposite walls of the arena, max distancv possible in this place
Then that would mean that Flower could just slap Rust Monster on the back and kill it from the other side of the room. But, then again, Flower doesn't know that the Rust Monster would be able of rusting her via a bite or, more easily, their antennae. However, that would still just bring the options for a victor down to Flower and a tie, so I change my vote to Flower.

Then that would mean that Flower could just slap Rust Monster on the back and kill it from the other side of the room. But, then again, Flower doesn't know that the Rust Monster would be able of rusting her via a bite or, more easily, their antennae. However, that would still just bring the options for a victor down to Flower and a tie, so I change my vote to Flower.
Rust monster could just bite her arm, or her arm could rub on the antena when going for the slap, rust monster can also use stealth mastery to hide behind the pillars to aproche or... dodge the attack

And is even in character for flower to use elasticity in battle like that?

Rust monster could just bite her arm, or her arm could rub on the antena when going for the slap, rust monster can also use stealth mastery to hide behind the pillars to aproche or... dodge the attack

And is even in character for flower to use elasticity in battle like that?
Well, that would still be incon. Plus, even if it’s not in character to use elasticity, it is in character to, as you said before, use a pillar and slam it onto the Rust Monster. Plus, because they start at opposite edges of the room, Flower has time to do this.

Well, that would still be incon. Plus, even if it’s not in character to use elasticity, it is in character to, as you said before, use a pillar and slam it onto the Rust Monster. Plus, because they start at opposite edges of the room, Flower has time to do this.
Meh, again, the would flower even think of use the pillar? In that scene she had the comicaly large hammer with her in her hammerspace(lol) alread, she could think of It eventually but thanks to how fast this fight will be I don't think she would before the bug get to jump on her face

Meh, again, the would flower even think of use the pillar? In that scene she had the comicaly large hammer with her in her hammerspace(lol) alread, she could think of It eventually but thanks to how fast this fight will be I don't think she would before the bug get to jump on her face
I mean, she has been shown to run away from bugs if they start charging at her from a similar distance to here. Because Rust Monster only has Animalistic intelligence, Flower can likely outrun it by going around the pillars and such, and this would eventually lead to Flower thinking of using the pillars.

It say It's immediate deconstruction on the profile
Then I vote for the match to be inconclusive.
also, the bug can always hit first
I think that this is unlikely. Flower has skill in action, Rust Monster's intelligence is less than human, and Flower has special senses as explained on her profile.

Rust Monster has some relevant capabilities listed in the Powers and Abilities section, but, using only one of them as an example, the capability of stealth mastery isn't the same as being skilled enough to be stealthy and to apply stealth mastery in an appropriate situation. Flower and Rust Monster know where each other are in this hypothetical scenario, and Rust Monster isn't clever enough to be able to sneak around Flower instead of pounce to her like it's known for doing. Rust Monster's stealth mastery could only be useful in this battle if it's outright magical or if it overlaps with something like camouflage (which it doesn't).
Well, considering how Rust Monster’s intelligence notes that it disregards all safety to get metal, that situation would probably happen here, leading to Flower freaking out and getting rusted immediately
This thread's scenario has Flower and Rust Monster being aware of each other and that they are each other's opponents. In the clip that you presented, Flower didn't realize there was a bug until it was already crawling on her face. In contrast, before Flower became metal for the first time, she was willing to pull out a giant hammer via toon force to crush a bug the moment she realized there was one near her, as seen at the beginning of BFDI 22: Don't Pierce My Flesh.

Flower "could" do that, but that's not a good reason to vote for her to win, since she has never demonstrated to use her stretchy arms so strategically like that. She used it once during an ego-gasm for no good use, and twice to reach a character in midair to prevent them from getting sent to the Big Rotating Building, as seen in the clips below from BFDI 21: The Glistening and BFB 26: The Hidden Contestant.

Flower hasn't used her stretchy arm ability any other time, even if it would make a lot of sense to, such as when falling from an extreme height, as seen in the clips below from BFB 11: Get to the Top in 500 Steps and BFB 27: Uprooting Everything as examples.

Back