• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

The chips that people have in them are linked to the neural network making them hackable
Thank you for your explanation. It makes Tz Pi Li, a cyborg character from Pili Puppet Show and my proposed opponent of Adam Smasher, literally unhackable in Cyberpunk world because Tz Pi Li never connects to any networks. As if Adam Smasher is not getting many spite match.

Netrunners/Hackers are basically just the mages of the Cyberpunk setting and usually need to heavily specialize in some serious tech to be able to do it at the expense of physical prowess. Cyberpunk also has special AI and programs designed to stop a hacker attack, not unlike antivirus programs

Holy shit 587 pages yeah this will be good
It says 456 pages. Maybe the 587 pages are including some other things.

It says 456 pages. Maybe the 587 is including some other things.
Weird for me on barnes and nobel mobile app it makes it 587 oages

considering the game obviously has to have a limit for something like that
I mean, the game is made by a multi-million dollar studio with a veteran team. Other games have also demonstrably showcased bullet time or freezing time is a functional concept. To argue game limitations doesn't work imo.
It's really not that inconsistent with itself. There's just times where he seems faster than other times.
So.... it's inconsistent.

Sometimes he's moving a couple meters before assault rifle bullets move, sometimes he moves and normal people are shown to still be in physical motion or objects are falling at relative velocities, sometimes we see an outside perspective of his speed and its nowhere near freezing bullets or explosions.

The speed by its showings are inconsistent. That doesn't mean none should be used, but we should take the highest possible showing and then scale people to that.

Hell, Cyberpunk 2077 has NPCs blocking bullets with their swords, who am I to really say whether it's inconsistent with 207
Tbf it would be easier blocking a bullet (putting A in front of B) compared to catching a bullet (moving your entire hand and timing the motion before B hits you).

I mean, the game is made by a multi-million dollar studio with a veteran team. Other games have also demonstrably showcased bullet time or freezing time is a functional concept. To argue game limitations doesn't work imo.

So.... it's inconsistent.

Sometimes he's moving a couple meters before assault rifle bullets move, sometimes he moves and normal people are shown to still be in physical motion or objects are falling at relative velocities, sometimes we see an outside perspective of his speed and its nowhere near freezing bullets or explosions.

The speed by its showings are inconsistent. That doesn't mean none should be used, but we should take the highest possible showing and then scale people to that.
The bullet freezing definitely seems pretty consistent though. There's more times he's done it, and there's two times we see another characters wearing it do the same thing.

I feel it'd be extremely weird to not include those feats with how many times the series shows us it.

Last edited:
know it's hard to tell but it's possible in-game against katana users
Yeah that's what I was saying. I think it'd be easier tk blocking something compared to catching it.

even a time we see another character wearing it do the same thing.
The cyberpsycho guy didn't feature bullet freezing did he? The most he did was slow down some falling objects.

Plus against the handicapping guy's rockets they were still moving at relative speed compared to David vs the bullets.

Yeah that's what I was saying. I think it'd be easier tk blocking something compared to catching it.

The cyberpsycho guy didn't feature bullet freezing did he? The most he did was slow down some falling objects.

Plus against the handicapping guy's rockets they were still moving at relative speed compared to David vs the bullets.
Cyberpsycho guy did freeze them. The bullets he shot were frozen. They only killed the guys once his sandy deactivated and the bullets immediately shot through their heads.

Also, Adam Smasher does the same thing. Not to mention, these are the only feats both characters have with it.

@Qawsedf234 can you explain specifically your stance on the sandevistan stuff because it kinda looks like you're denying all around within the game and the show so I'm kinda confused on where you're standing regarding the feats especially considering people can evade and block tech guns gunfire

My issue is just more that the bullet freezing happens while in other scenes we see slower objects moving from the Sandevistan perspective, it's why bullet freezing isn't really definitive for me. For example in the climax, when the MC goes on a Sandevistan rampage, you can see that some of the objects he interacts with moving in slow motion.

If the bullet freezing matches up or doesn't have a huge difference with other values that other sources (like railgun reactions) and other scenes in the anime measure up to, then that's fine but I will find it difficult to accept as the sole basis for a higher speed rating if it proves itself to be massively above the composite ballpark of speeds of other speed feats in the game. Again, I don't really want to assume an artist's intent in its depiction, especially with a studio that's well-known for being over-the-top and exaggerated in its style of animation.

I recommend watching this and drawing your own conclusions first.

Cyberpsycho guy did freeze them
You can see rain in motion, their heads moving forward from the bullets and their hats falling. The bullets were not frozen.

denying all around within the game and the show so I'm kinda confused on where you're standing regarding the feats especially considering people can evade and block tech guns gunfire
I never said they couldn't. Sandevistan users should be in the super to hypersonic range very easily. My only point is that we shouldn't take an incredibly high MHS or MHS+ value and scale everyone to that when it would be inconsistent.

You can see rain in motion, their heads moving forward from the bullets and their hats falling. The bullets were not frozen.

I never said they couldn't. Sandevistan users should be in the super to hypersonic range very easily. My only point is that we shouldn't take an incredibly high MHS or MHS+ value and scale everyone to that when it would be inconsistent.
Okay so it's not exactly frozen but definitely very very slowed down. Not really a point against what I'm saying though. Since it's still pretty much snail speed, which is what would be used to calculate this stuff anyway.

Using bullets being snail speed still seems very consistent for calculations. Haven't been convinced otherwise.

Not really a point against what I'm saying though.
It is, since moving slowly but still visibly I a scene where rain is moving at visible speed is a much slower feat that freezing assault rifle shots in place.

seems very consistent for calculations.
As a high end maybe, but I'm not feeling it's consistent with other canon material.

It is, since moving slowly but still visibly I a scene where rain is moving at visible speed is a much slower feat that freezing assault rifle shots in place.

As a high end maybe, but I'm not feeling it's consistent with other canon material.
I think the rain is the real outlier in that scene.

There's also the Adam Smasher sequence which clearly shows stopped bullets, may also help you see what I meant initially by them being stopped in this scene. It looks like the bullets shoot out of the gun and then kinda just pause. It's weird.

A high end? With those calcs it doesn't seem like there would be many ends. It's clearly snail speed.

Unless you mean it being a possibly or likely rating. I guess I'm fine with that if people think it's that outlandish, even considering the multiple instances shown in the show.

But, anyway, we should wait for stuff to actually be calculated then we can compare.

I think the rain is the real outlier in that scene.
Why? We see hats and bodies moving forward as well. Assuming bullets are being frozen is the real scene outlier.
There's also the Adam Smasher sequence which clearly shows stopped bullets
In that same scene bullets are still being fired and his rockets speeds visible under the Sandevistan
With those calcs it doesn't seem like there would be many ends
Sure, most of them would have multiple ends. A lot of the feats are only MHS or better based on the idea that bullets are slow rather than the environment being slow.
It's clearly snail speed.
But then you have other scenes like with the Cyperpsycho in episode 4 who's rocket projectiles move at notable speeds while David is in the Sandevistan but other members of the Edgerunners are able to react to and dodge those explosive rounds.

To claim that all Sandevistan users should scale to freezing 2,500 m/s bullets just doesn't jive with other showings in my view.

in fact it is a bullet, since another who also has implants like maine shot and killed pilar, and it was a ''bullet''but we are not going it itself
What Maine has in his arm is a projectile launcher system which allows one to fire "various powerful projectiles...causing explosions"
It's also something you have acess to in the game so neither are technically wrong since we see when David has Maine's arms he also is able to explode all those maelstrom goons

What Maine has in his arm is a projectile launcher system which allows one to fire "various powerful projectiles...causing explosions"
It's also something you have acess to in the game so neither are technically wrong since we see when David has Maine's arms he also is able to explode all those maelstrom goons
Although I don't know if a bullet or an explosion is faster

They are literally like more than 30 centimeters
According to this United Nations calculator by the time C4 explosion reaches 30 centimeters it drops from 8,092 m/s to 5,228 m/s. A drop of 36% in terms of speed.

Considering it wasn't C4 but generic explosive tanks along with the fact they were much further away than 30 centimeters means that the explosive shockwave drops even harder. For example at 3 meters the shockwave becomes 957 m/s and at 10 meters 417.39 m/s. Explosions just rapidly drop off in speed due to air resistance.

According to this United Nations calculator by the time C4 explosion reaches 30 centimeters it drops from 8,092 m/s to 5,228 m/s. A drop of 36% in terms of speed.

Considering it wasn't C4 but generic explosive tanks along with the fact they were much further away than 30 centimeters means that the explosive shockwave drops even harder. For example at 3 meters the shockwave becomes 957 m/s and at 10 meters 417.39 m/s. Explosions just rapidly drop off in speed due to air resistance.

except they weren't c4, they looked more like bomb tanks

Also is it the distance from the point of explosion or the explosion itself? Because I assume that things that have already exploded will already lose a lot of speed by the time they get closer to the character

Back