• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Mostly gotten from here for the main canon. In timeline order:

Cyberpunk 2013.(and source books)
Cyberpunk 2020(and sourcebooks)
Cyberpunk Red
Cyberpunk Edgerunners
Cyberpunk 2077

Sourcebooks list. They're not that hard to find.

Timeline Map

There are several comics as well. Are they considered canon as well?
Here the list of comics

"The World of Cyberpunk" isn't a comic but a lore book and jam packed with detail.

The book as described by amazon. It's worth checking out
This is insanely goaty, thank you for dropping this list

1. Cyberpunk 2013 sourcebooks

A. Friday Night Firefight(Combat System)

B. Near Orbit (Space supplement)

C. RockerBoy ( Sourcebook for everything on the Rockerboy character class)

D. Solo of Fortune (Sourcebook for everything on the Solo character class.)

E. View From The Edge (Cyberpunk 2013 handbook)

F. Welcome To Night City (City guide for 2013. Included in the Cyberpunk 2013 box set)

2.Cyberpunk 2020
A. Blackhand's Street Weapons (Weapons supplement written by famed solo Morgan Blackhand)

B. ChromeBook (1, 2, 3, 4) (Equipment and fashion supplement written as a store catalogue.)

C. Corporation Report (1, 2, 3) (Corporation supplement written as a news report on 6 different corporations.)

D. Deep Space (Space supplement)

E. Edgerunners Inc (Character and adventure book, written as a recruitment agency advertisement.)

F. Eurosource & Eurosource Plus (Supplementary material on the state of Europe in the year 2020)

G. Home of the Brave (A Sourcebook detailing the united states in the year 2020)

H. Listen up, you primitive screw heads ( Additional rule book for Cyberpunk)

I. Live and Direct (A Sourcebook for the media character role.)

J. Maximum Metal (Heavy weapons and equipment supplement)

L. Neo Tribes (A Sourcebook for the Nomad character role.)

M. Night City Guide ( expanded city guide)

N. Pacific Rim Sourcebook (supplementary material on the state of Asia in the year 2020)

O. Protect and Serve (In-depth guide on the police and the cop character class)

P. Rache Bartmoss' Brainware Blowout (A Sourcebook and catalogue for the Netrunner character Role.)

Q. Rache Bartmoss' Guide to the Net (Rache Bartmoss' Guide to the Net)

R. Rough Guide to the UK (A Soucebook detailing the UK in the year 2020)

S. Solo Of Fortune 2 (guide for the solo class in 2020)

T. Wildside (A Sourcebook for the Fixer Character role.)

Man these books are ancient. Lol
I doubt all of them have helpful info, but it's worth checking out

Last edited:
I got the RED, 2020, and 2013 manuals if anyone needs it, it's an epub too so I can just search words easier
You got Cyberpunk 2013 main manual? , specifically "The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future"

I can't find it.

And what I sent earlier isn't it, my bad

Btw I was wondering how we're going to handle the Tabletop aspect of Cyberpunk

Reffering to dice rolls, stuff like that

Reffering to dice rolls, stuff like that
Afaik going by other game systems I think we either use averages or difficulty ratings for stuff.

So like, a REF 17 > REF 8 which is the minimum needed to avoid Gunfire. Or a DC 20 check > DC 15 check which is needed to lift a car.

We just can't scale them linearly without evidence iirc.

Afaik going by other game systems I think we either use averages or difficulty ratings for stuff.

So like, a REF 17 > REF 8 which is the minimum needed to avoid Gunfire. Or a DC 20 check > DC 15 check which is needed to lift a car.

We just can't scale them linearly without evidence iirc.
I still don't get this. But I'll look around.

I've seen some nanoseconds thing in the lore book. Seems to be talking about how fast weaponized machinery can process and carry out commands. How do you interpret that

I still don't get this. But I'll look around.

I've seen some nanoseconds thing in the lore book. Seems to be talking about how fast weaponized machinery can process and carry out commands. How do you interpret that

Could be scaled to reaction speed depending on some factors. However likely to be an outlier.

As of now, just seems like they process shit really fast.

Last edited:
Could be scaled to reaction speed depending on some factors. However likely to be an outlier.

As of now, just seems like they process shit really fast.
maybe it's not, because the sandevistan can do things like make your movement and reaction speed such that it looks like teleportation (this varies depending on what plot needs to be x time faster)

maybe it's not, because the sandevistan can do things like make your movement and reaction speed such that it looks like teleportation (this varies depending on what plot needs to be x time faster)
I mean, yeah, but nanosecond reaction time would be Rela to FTL perception.

Man these books are ancient.
I've dealt something more ancient, but that's another topic. Remember that Cyberpunk series starts in the 1980s.
Made a WIP profile for Adam Smasher. P&A still needs to be worked on, along with a bunch of other stuff. But that's what I got now.

I also don't know what quote to use so I just threw two of the Edgerunner lines in there for now.
As his first two keys are based on his appearance in pen and paper games, maybe the new standard D&D profiles in VS Battles Wiki can be considered as a sample when making Cyberpunk profiles involving pen and paper series.

By the way, while there is no doubt that Adam Smasher has Cybernetization,
  • Normal - the whole outer shell of the body is replaced with cybernetic devices are only human internal organs (and even then not all). This cyborg can resist adverse environmental effects (eg, ignore the high or low temperatures) or quickly adapt to them. In addition, it can convert almost all of his body into weapons. However, the internal organs are still vulnerable, and if they are destroyed, the cyborg will die.
  • Full - replacing exposed everything except the brain (and in some cases, it also remains a copy of the human consciousness that is used as a substitute for the AI). These cyborgs have virtually no weaknesses (you need to disable all of them, otherwise they will continue to function). However, they are humans with a very big stretch (as in fact they do not differ from the robots).
applies to Adam Smasher's different key. 2077 key is Full, but IDK about his first two keys.

Does this take precedence over this scan from Cyberpunk RED (pg. 292)

unknown.png

Cyberpunk RED doesn't indicate any but the "Firestorm Vol II Shockwave The Fourth Corporate War" supplement supposedly has his statblock, let me look there

Just checked and found it online, if you're asking for Adam Smasher's 'Strength' then his rating would be 18
Adam Smasher, Combat Cyborg

Stats:
INT 4, REF 15, TECH 4, COOL 7, ATTR n/a, LUCK 4, MA 20, BODY 18, EMP Yeah right...

Skills: Combat Sense +7, Ahletics +4, Awareness/Notice +6, Brawling +6, Dodge & Escape +, Driving +2, Handgun +5, Heavy Weaons +7, Intimidate +6, Melee +5, Panzerfaust +2, Rifle +6, Stealth +4, Submachinegun +4, Weapons Tech +2

Cyberware: Full cyborg body, two sets of interface plugs, chip slot, pain editor, link set (smartgun, vehicle data), optics suite (low-lite, thermograph, Times Square Plus, targeting scope, anti-dazzle), cyberaudio (radio, tight-beam radio, and cellular links with scrambler, scanner, enhanced range, amplified hearing, sound editor, level damper), wolvers in both arms, quick-change mounts, radiation shielding, biopod. Adam is built on a heavily modified Samson frame, and typically wears SP 20 armored coveralls when he's on the job (giving him a total SP of 42)

I think it moreso depends what those comics tie into, if they're 2013, 2020, RED and 2077 spin-offs, I'd say they're canon

Well if it's only some events, the statblock shouldn't really be a problem for even a rough idea of Adam's capabilities. It still falls under Cyberpunk 2020's umbrella more or less, with some parts revised by the new continuity.

Does this take precedence over this scan from Cyberpunk RED (pg. 292)
I think we have to decide on that. Going by the in-universe damage numbers I think the bomb is more likely to be bigger than it is smaller.
Just checked and found it online, if you're asking for Adam Smasher's 'Strength' then his rating would be 18
We would need to find what a Samson body frame is and what STR means for like, lifting/striking strength

Alright, I updated the profile more. I'm not sure how to word the standard equipment section. Can anyone help with that?

We also need to get the calc for David approved of and we need to get an actual speed for his last key. Can anyone do those?
I'm interested in Adam Smasher's Hacking justification. May I ask for reference?

For the Standard Equipment, I feel that "a canonical set of equipment" is considered as standard equipment as stated in Standard Equipment.

Adam Smasher uses the Samson body frame, the scan of which is linked next to the Hacking, anyone with the Samson body frame able to connect to most appliances and tech and modify, much like how V plugs up to surfaces to begin hackin

We also need to get the calc for David approved of and we need to get an actual speed for his last key. Can anyone do those?
I made a blog for the calc but I'm at work currently so I can't finish inserting all the info from site the calc is on into the blog until tomorrow as for a speed rating I'd say hypersonic works as a place holder for rn scaling to V until we can actually calc some feats which I can't do rn either obviously because of work again

Baken of The 384 Family is in the 6th episode, this makes me want to play 2077 after not playing it for a year

Back