• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Someone on the wiki should verify it first, also we should start gathering anime scenes and game speeds to calc and getting our ballpark instead of immediately drawing conclusions.

Got the Kojima seal of approval the goat genuinely enjoyed the show a lot

If you don't know how kojima reviews this is basically it

Edit: oh damn he gave a full review too

Last edited:
XgWhwKT.jpg

Anyways

Confirmation of multiple bodies
Word of God: What most people forget is that Full Body Conversions like Adam have the option of using other cyberbodies. By 2023, Adam had a closetful. When he was dating Michiko, he usually used a Gemini (look it up) that looked and sounded disturbingly like a young, blond Elvis Presley.
Brief background, such as 6 years of marine service
Most of you reading this are competent, skillful professionals who know how to fight and how to kill, you might even think you couldn't get very much better. Let me tell you—thats wrong, meatheads! I used to be a pretty tough customer, back in my meat days.

Mom was Russian, dad was from the South Bronx, and I was the meanest kid on my block. I was the leader of my neighborhood combat gang during the Collapse days By Adam Smasher (we'd rumble in what was left of Yankee Stadium), and when the Army finally killed off the last of my bloodboys, I signed right up. (I wasn't stupid—the military had WAY better guns than we did!)

Six years as a Marine taught me a lot, and when I was kicked out ("Insubordination" they called it yeah, right.) I took up the life of a Street Samurai back in my hometown. I've been here in the Rotten Apple ever since, but things have changed. Oh yeah. Extractions, assassinations, harassment and demolitions jobs came and went, and I made some good euro, but I didn't realize that my bones and muscles were holding me back!

Not until that corporate "reverse engineering" op. See, some bigwig corp (who'll remain anonymous, you know the drill) had hired me and a couple other pros to snatch a prototype gizmo from a competitor. I mustve fired off 300 rounds of 7.62 during that op, but a couple of well-placed RPG-A warheads kinda put a damper on an otherwise profitable job.

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 66-67
2020 Body - Various descriptions about his physicals
Turned out to be the best decision I ever made, you want strong? How about using a 1000cc racing bike as an improvised melee weapon? you want fast? How about sparring with three black belts at once—with one arm servo removed? you want tough? How about the time I got shot point blank in the chest with a 40mm grenade? It knocked me off the roof of the building, and I fell nine stories onto the roof of a garbage truck! There was a 40- percent crater in the scow's roof, but I ran back up the building's stairs and punched the soldier's head off when I got to the gonk! Not too shabby, I think.

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 67
2020 Body - Weapon he has
Being a True 'Borg (as I like to call myself): meat Solos, even enhanced ones, can only handle weapons of a "small arms" level before flash, recoil and backblast turn their pathetic skeletons to kibble. Now for this particular hunt, I'd replaced my left forearm with a Tsunami Arms Helix gatling shotgun, belt-fed from a back-housed 500-round ammo-hopper. This thing's recoil would've been murder (literally) to me back when I was a 108kg meathead bad boy in the Marines, but my current high-impact plasteel frame turns the barrage of recoil into a comfy massage

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 69
Tsunami Arms Helix [3000eb]

SHG•+0 •N•P •10-Ga/5D6• 60 • 43 • VR • 60m • BOD Min: 18

This massive weapon is arguably one of the most devastating small arms for close-range house-to-house combat—a hex-barreled galling shotgun which fires binary 10-gauge shells at 1300 rounds per minute! About three feet in length, the gun's six barrels are all a respectable 18" long. The Helix has an inclined rear pistolgrip as well as a top-mounted fore-handle; it has no stock, since it was built to be fired "from the hip." To aid in aiming, there is a top-mounted laser-sighting system with adjustable pattern-matching capability. The Helix is constructed of high-tech composites and lightweight alloys, and weighs 15kg. Its projectiles consist of conventional 10-gauge slugs or packages of shot or flechettes stored in a synthetic canister. The ammo feed, centrally located beneath the tubular body of the gun, accepts either a belt feed or a box magazine which contains an ample supply of binary propellant and stores 60 projectiles; a rotor in the feed aligns the projectiles as it loads them. The weapon's binary propellant eliminates the bulk of a stabilizing element in its ammunition, and instead uses two gasses which separately are stable, but are volatile when injected into the ignition chamber. The design of the Helix keeps the line of recoil low and in line with the grip to lessen muzzle climb on full auto, and the six barrels, all rotating around a central axis, have long, flared muzzles with four compensation ports each. This, combined with the weapon's recoil operation, allows for relatively controllable autoflre. The sound made by the Helix is distinct: a heavy, metallic scream.

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 67
2020 Body - Has a scanning system and some cloaking field
She was just hidden in the crowd somewhere. Sweeping the screaming whirlwind of the Helix back and forth across the hall, my 500 rounds of 10-packed frag flechettes cut the crowd real fast (Why not? I'm never marked with any corporate tags, colors or logos when I'm on an outside job, and I always fit a different facemask each time I deploy.) A quick scan of the bodies found me the meatgirl, all pureed, so I pulled the disks off her and vanished. Love that Environmental Assimilation system.

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 69
2020 Body - Has reactive armor plates and can avoid bullets (might be aim dodging though)
Of course life as a True 'Borg isn't just mowing down civilians, despite my best wishes, you can still get killed off pretty easily if the opposition's packing military-level hardware; one HLAW and you can pretty much kiss your armorplated hinder sayonara. But hey! Once again cyber-technology comes to the rescue! See, there are these clever "blokes" in England somewhere who've come up with what they call Reactive Body Armor. No, its not the kind that explodes off when its hit! RBA is a suit of flexible body armor which is riddled with laser sensors; when someone's targeting you with a laser-aimed weapon, the RBA alerts you through your interface plugs. Believe it or not, this stuff is so efficient that it actually allows you to dodge incoming bullets if you're boosted (as any good True Borg should be)! No drek! The beauty is, Cybermatrix is now making Reactive Body Plating for Full Conversions. It does the same thing, but its built into your frame. 'Course it means you gotta go into combat without wearing fatigues, but so what? Extra armor never layers well with body plating, and whatve we got to be modest about? Lemme tell you, my RBP has saved my chassis on more than one blood-splattered occasion.

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 69-70
Cybermatrix™ Reactive Body Plating

HC=1D6, Surgery=MA, Cost= 6,000eb.

In game terms, RBP allows the Full 'Borg with REF higher than 10 to actually dodge attacks made by laser-aimed weapons (lasersights and smartguns). The attacker must roll vs. the Full 'Borg's REF+Dodge+1D10 instead of against Range Difficulty Numbers. This is new, hard-to-find cyberware; it is not restricted, but it is Poor availability.
2020 Body - Has a big pistol
A couple months ago, I wound up in just such an argument with some porky who insisted that his wimpy 3516 couldn't be beat I laughed in his face, which he took to mean that I didn't have a better argument But I did. I dragged my Magnum Opus Hellbringer outta my overcoat and Hunked it on the table in front of his gawking face. The stainless steel, 4kg revolver made his jaw hang open and his eyes cross. He just kept drooling as I showed him its three .666 Magnum steel-cased cartridges. It was a truly sad sight, so I shot that stupid expression right off his face. That brought him to his senses. I remember his head was just a balloon full of blood to my Hellbringer.

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 70
2020 Body - Has a some sort of explosive melee ram thing
Being a True 'Borg can be good clean fun, if you're a loose enough guy (like me). Slamdance, Inc. recently began marketing a close-combat weapon for Full 'Borgs only, and ifs stylish, fun, and pretty damn effective. See, I'd been ordered to off the head of security for our primary competitors, and I was supposed to make a statement with this job (yep, the losers in Security were slacking off again, and Mister Head of Security for the Other Guys got the drop on us). Well, I eventually found this guy and cornered him in the underground parking lot of his ritzy-ass conapt I decided I'd let him get in one good hit before I dispatched him; I knew it wouldn't amount to squat against me anyway, so I waited for him to take his best shot Thing was, he was so scared that he froze, so I got impatient and took My best shot instead. I pulled out my brand new Slamdance, Inc. Hyper Hammer and fired it full-on into his solar plexus. The fat slob's whole ribcage caved in, some of his organs jumped outta his mouth (I couldn't identify them—I was busy) and I crushed in the driver's side of his Beemer like it was tinfoil. How sweet it was! The best part was that I'd had our company's logo embossed in reverse on the striking end of the hammer, so this dead, inside-out corpcop had our logo permanently molded into his body! It was a real scream.

Solo of Fortune 2 - page 70
Slamdance, Inc. Hyper Hammer

(2000eb)

MEL • -2 • L • R • 9D10AP • 2 • 1 • ST • 2m

This is a close-combat weapon designed especially for Full 'Borgs. It is a heavy, solid-tungsten sledgehammer designed with ergonomic combat grips, spiked knuckle guards and a thumb switch-activated rocket booster built into the back of the hammer's head. When fired, the rockets blast the hammer around at near-supersonic speed, delivering unheard-of wound potential.
2020 Body - Typical Assault Rifle he carries
United Armaments CLAW

(1600eb)

SHG • +1 • N • R • 4-Ga (8D6) • 28 • 1/4 • VR • 60m • BOD Min: 11 #000 buck: 8D6, Slug: 9D6+2, APFSDS: 5D10AP, HEAT: 7D10 (1/2 SP).

Weighing in at 16kg and measuring over four feet in length, this dose Assault Weapon is designed for use by Combat 'Borgs and Powered Armor, and is totally unmanageable by unenhanced troops without a Powered Exo-Mount The CLAW is a multi-role weapons package, consisting of a semiautomatic 4-gauge shotgun with a modular under-barrel support weapon, all housed in a all-weather, heat-resistant, impact-proof polymer/ceramic composite which is stronger than steel. The 4-gauge shotgun shell was a scattergun round used in the early 20th century to hunt ducks—traditionally, a 4-gauge gun would be bolted down to the stern of a boat and then the entire boat would be pointed in the general direction of a flock (yes, a whole flock) of ducks or other fowl. After the smoke cleared, the hunters would collect the carcasses floating in the water.

In 2020, the 4-gauge has been revived as a extra high-lethality munition, using shell casings made of a heat-resistant and heat-absorbing plastic which acts as a thermal sink to ensure that the CLAW does not overheat The 4" Magnum, 4-gauge shell has a bore diameter of 23.75mm (.935-caliber), as opposed to the traditional 12-gauge's 18.5mm bore, giving it the capability to fire an even greater array of sub-munitions than other shotguns. Buckshot (#000), "Beehive" flechette shells, slugs, APFSDS rounds, shaped charge HEAT warheads, minigrenades, non-lethal batons, "Dragon's Breath" thermite blasts, flash/bang bombs, "Slasher" mononets, cratering HEP rounds, and gas shells are all available. The bullpup CLAW feeds from a large 28-round box magazine, but the breech can be locked open to allow special rounds to be singly loaded, and the fully-automatic firing rate is 425 rounds per minute. Beneath the barrel of the shotgun is an interchangeable underlug, which can be fitted with any one of the following support weapons: an 8-shot microwaver, a cartridge-loading Kendachi flame gun, a 4-shot purnpaction 25mrn grenade launcher, a 4- shot micromissile launcher or a small SMG (Concealability J).

Whatever the support weapon is, its magazine loads forward of the CLAWs grip and trigger array and will have its operation slaved to the weapon's computer; the CLAW comes chipped from the factory, with IFF and security functions as standard features, making rt fully compatible with ACPA fire-control systems and metalhead neural processors. This weapon is best known for its employment by the Detroit PD's CSWAT Enforcer 'borgs.
2020 Body - Game overview of him

Last edited:
Also Adam Smasher in that suit survived a tactile nuclear warhead blowing up at the 120 story portion of the Arasaka Tower while he was on the 130th floor (well the roof of that floor). The reason I'm bringing this up is that the current 8-C calc will need to be adjusted for the following reasons:
  • According to WoG the nuke was 0.5 Kilotons or 500 tons of TNT rather than the 29.8 Kilotons that Armorchomp got
  • Smasher was "only" ten stories away rather than 30 since in 2020 the tower was only 130 stories tall rather than 150
  • Smasher's official height is 3.4 meters according to the Dai-Oni suit
So adjust the calc
  • 10 * 3.29333 = 32.9333
  • 500 / (4π((32.9333)^2)) = 0.03668509429 Tons of TNT or 153,490,434.50935999 Joules (9-A)
To adjust the values
  • 3.4 meters = 340 centimeters which is 1.2394284x larger than the figure Armor got
  • 4.752 * 1.2394284 / 2 =2.9448818784
  • 2.9448818784 * 0.03668509429 =0.108 tons of TNT or 4.51872e+8 Joules (9-A)
Its likely that Smasher would require a key for his Panzerfaust body, his DaiOni Body and his Edgerunner/2077 body

The 2077 body would scale to David's gravity crush which he just tanked with no damage. I have seen this calc which got 6.06 to 67 Tons of TNT for the gravity crush. Which, if accepted, would scale 2077 Adam Smasher to High 8-C or 8-B respectively.

Anyways, here's my last Adam Smasher comment for a bit. But I'd imagine it'd look like:
  • Human | PanzerFaust Body | Dai Oni Body | 2077 Body
or
  • PanzerFaust Body | Dai Oni Body | 2077 Body
Dunno what they would look like, but here's the image for the PanzerFaust and early Adam Smasher

What the hell would his human key scaled to, he was in the military so that probably put him at athletic human level or so but is there anything else?

What the hell would his human key scaled to
Idk, which is why I meant to add a second version that just didn't have it (I did edit it in however). He'd be a bigger person but somewhere in the 9-C or 9-B range. Probably not worth having, though the experience should be noted somewhere.

Without more to it, there's likely just better to not have it.

Does anyone have an idea of what the speed before edgerunners/2077 May end up being, like were characters capable of dodging/blocking Rail gun rounds in the tabletop games.

oh wait you meant what are the speeds of characters in the tabletop games

probably the same as 2077 if there's rolling for dodge in the tabletop games ala D&D

Looking at it more, Cyberpunk doesn't let players with below Reflexes 8 to dodge, and only assigns a difficulty modifier for the shooter that the shooter must roll to beat. For reflexes 8 and higher, the player can roll an evasion test to avoid your attack regardless of range, this works for shotguns, automatic fire, and explosives.

Here's an example of what characters with REF 8 are theoretically capable of dodging assuming REF 8. Each square is about 2 meters/yards (we will need to settle that as well), first depicts the spread of a shotgun blast, and the second is actually an explosive.

Depending on whether we use meters or yards, this could yield interesting results
unknown.png

three separate bodies
"three separate bodies"? What?

By the way, I feel that the interruption of feats from pen & paper games, video game and anime should be reasonable and consistent.

And I personally prefer treating pen & paper games as primary feat source while video game and anime as major supply feat source, which means that if feats from video game and anime greatly contradicts the scale chain in pen & paper games, then it may be better disregarded.

My only real question about that is how much scaling do you think we’re going to be having between The tabletop games and The video game/anime, My guess is not a lot.

I mean the most recent Tabletop game takes place in 2045, about 31/32 years prior to the events of edgerunners/2077, that’s quite a bit of time for technology to advance and become faster and more powerful.

Last edited:
I mean the most recent Tabletop game takes place in 2045, about 31/32 years prior to the events of edgerunners/2077, that’s quite a bit of time for technology to advance and become faster and more powerful.
Unless stated so in-lore, we shouldn't be making this assumption, it could have improved but not better to the point where outliers are accepted.

I think a separation is needed as Adam Smasher upgrades through years in canon (2022 -> RED -> Edgerunners -> 2077) timeline.
2076 and 2077 wouldn't feature that much of a change really.

2022 is where he gets the PanzerFaust and Dai Oni bodies. What does he get in RED?

2022 is where he gets the PanzerFaust and Dai Oni bodies. What does he get in RED
Nothing new as far as I see in red and the only time Adam Smasher really comes up is during the fall of arasaka tower part that's covered which is still in the game

Are there any in game feats we specifically need calcs for? Or should I try and get sandevistan dodging clips in game?

Most of rating for Adam Smasher will be from Edgerunners, lore or game stuff

Updated the OP. Tell me what else I should add, if there's any.

Where am I able to read up on the lore?

Here the list of comics

"The World of Cyberpunk" isn't a comic but a lore book and jam packed with detail.

The book as described by amazon. It's worth checking out
  • CYBERPUNK 2077: This intricately assembled tome contains history, characters, and world of the long-awaited RPG from CD Projekt Red.
  • EXPLORE: Delve into the various districts, gangs, and history of Night City.
  • LEARN: Read all there is to know about the technology of tomorrow and research the cybernetics, weapons, and vehicles of Cyberpunk 2077.

Back