• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

So I was reading through Heavy Metal when I found this quote regarding the Dragoon back in 2020
The Final advantages are much more subtle - Combat Crystal allows a fireteam of Dragoons to act as one, while the overall endurance of a borg is incredible compared to ACPA. Weeks, possibly months, can pass without need for maintenance or sometimes even nutrition.
So Smasher, who's in a better Dragoon, can operate for weeks to months without maintenance or any form of nutrition.

Yo that's crazy though, given this is post time-skip David, this'd mean that the Sandevistan boosted his speed and reactions by approximately 229 times, and that was only the low end

Post-Timeskip he probably has other neuralware that can boost his reflexes. Since the Sandevistan just be stacked.

Yo that's crazy though, given this is post time-skip David, this'd mean that the Sandevistan boosted his speed and reactions by approximately 229 times, and that was only the low end
I was considering just scaling David normally to a tenth of that value, but that feels outliery.

I wonder if I could at least calc LS for David being able to grab and redirect the force of the harpoon. I'd just have to figure out a speed which is kinda annoying.

Imma calc some other instances of Sandevistan use. Given viewing human punches in semi slow-mo (not even at a complete halt) gives Supersonic results, I can only imagine the speed he gets for statuing bullets and people.

Any KE feat with a Sandevistan that's beyond 9-B isn't going to be acceptable due to breaking our AP rules. So it's probably not worth calcing.

Before I do tho, I think we should definitely talk about fixing the verse. Because it's in a pretty bad state right now (Verse page is practically empty, not a lot of stuff is sourced, lotta abilities just link to websites that explain powers instead of screenshots). Scaling should be talked about to. I think high wall level is possible at the least. You have Maine reducing an entire body into red paste (No bones, skin or anything left behind IIRC), pretty sure you can survive and some enemies can survive explosives in 2077, might be able to get KE from slicing bullets with Katana (Which should be in supersonic range), etc.

Yeah the franchise can be put into a better state. The most I did was just make them more presentable, but the flaws in the original profiles are still present.

Well besides Adam Smasher I guess. All of his stuff is sourced.

Any KE feat with a Sandevistan that's beyond 9-B isn't going to be acceptable due to breaking our AP rules. So it's probably not worth calcing.
Why specifically feats OVER 9-B? That seems very... oddly specific. I thought KE was allowed if it was a case that explicitly used speed to attack. And I think a tackle is as valid as a punch like in my previous calc.

Why specifically feats OVER 9-B? That seems very... oddly specific. I thought KE was allowed if it was a case that explicitly used speed to attack. And I think a tackle is as valid as a punch like in my previous calc.
Because it breaks our KE rules
Kinetic Energy based on Movement Speed is case by case: Fiction often treats the speed with which a character can move himself as unrelated to their attack power. As such feats like just running or carrying a small object, like another character, should only be used if the fiction has made clear that the speed of the movement correlates to the character's power or if the character uses the fast moving object to attack. Calculating the energy necessary for moving large structures at great speeds, using the speed things move as a secondary effect of an attack, throwing objects at great speeds etc. are all acceptable methods of quantifying a characters power regardless.
There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
  • For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.
None feat in Cyberpunk that involves a Sandevistan are ever more than 9-B visual wise. For the 8-C stuff to be valid you would need to show that David made a crater or demolished a building with his speed, which never happens.

Yeah, probably not worth doing any profile revision until Phantom Liberty since all the feats will need to be redone anyways.

Because it breaks our KE rules

None feat in Cyberpunk that involves a Sandevistan are ever more than 9-B visual wise.
Tbf, David doesn't even hit a wall or anything when he tackles the gang member. So it's not like we get the chance to see the damage it would've caused. We did see it break his sword and break off some steel from his armor upon impact, but there wasn't really any walls or buildings sitting around to soak in the damage. And isn't it based on damage it causes math-wise as opposed to visual-wise? The math can be higher than what one would expect from a glance.

I'm a fan of guns as much as the next guy, but I can't for the life of me tell models. Anyone have any idea what kind of muzzle velocity this would have?

Seems to be fully automatic given the police holds the trigger down to let out rounds.

Tbf, David doesn't even hit a wall or anything when he tackles the gang member
He also didn't crater the ground or cause any visual effect supporting multiple tons of TNT in an impact.

And isn't it based on damage it causes math-wise as opposed to visual-wise? The math can be higher than what one would expect from a glance.
If the math doesn't match the visuals, the visuals will take precedence unless you have a valid handwave.

I'm a fan of guns as much as the next guy, but I can't for the life of me tell models. Anyone have any idea what kind of muzzle velocity this would have?
Isn't that when he's going through a Cyberpyscho BD? It's not physically doing it.

He also didn't crater the ground or cause any visual effect supporting multiple tons of TNT in an impact.
He lost most of his KE hitting the guy. I wouldn't have expected it to leave a crater. But if it's really against the rules then I'll drop it ig.
If the math doesn't match the visuals, the visuals will take precedence unless you have a valid handwave.
Isn't that like the opposite of what the calculations page says? I mean, I get it if the math is WAY off. But if it's way off, the person who did the math prolly screwed something over.
Isn't that when he's going through a Cyberpyscho BD? It's not physically doing it.
What're you talking about?
Looks to be a Lexington, which is apparently chambered in 9 mm. Probably just use the muzzle velocity of a Glock or something like that.
Hard to say. The stock is different on the two. But I'll use that speed as a placeholder for now.

Isn't that like the opposite of what the calculations page says?
KE rules have their specific page because they're particularly susceptible to this issue. What's on that page takes priority for those calcs over the general page.

What're you talking about?
Him dodging and them ramming the cop occurs in a Braindance sequence. He wasn't physically doing the feat to my memory.

Oh, I think I recall the scene. Where he was taken prisoner and exposed to those ****** up Braindance sequences, right? I'll check if it's from that scene, but even if it is, doesn't the Braindance sequences replicate reality? I think David believing it to be real and already having better feats with the Sandevistan makes it safe to use even if it wasn't real life. I also got 99% of the calc done already. Woulda hate for the work to go to waste 😭

No. It's an edited version of someone's memories to increase some emotional or physical response.
I was gonna mention that. The Brain Dance sequences are snuff videos that are edited versions of the real thing IIRC (Been a while since I watched the episode, but I do recall the guy testing this on David creating realistic snuff Brain Dance sequences). I don't see why the usage of Sandevistan wouldn't be the same. Especially with David believing it to be real. And with other brain dance sequences in general being realistic, such as having moon's decreased gravity, realistic... explicit situations, etc. I'd get it if the feat in question was an outlier. But it's consistent with what I've done so far, and I have other feats to do that I know are faster than this one. So I don't see a problem with the use of Sandevistan being in a edited realistic snuff brain dance. At least as supportive evidence if anything.

It can be used as supportive evidence, but it just didn't happen in-universe. We wouldn't give David Mantis Blades for the same reason, despite having then in that BD.

It can be used as supportive evidence, but it just didn't happen in-universe. We wouldn't give David Mantis Blades for the same reason, despite having then in that BD.
Oh, I agree with that. We shouldn't give him anything he wasn't shown to have. As long as we agree that it's fine to use things he has shown to have in real life can be used as supportive evidence even within BD such as Sandevistan. Imma calc a few more of the uses of Sandevistan and see what I get. I imagine them all being in the ball park of Mach 50-1000. With two or three that stand out that look to be more in the MHS+ range.

After that, do you recall any good AP feats in Cyberpunk that I could calc? The only one I remember that was notable was that colosseum match-up with that big chick who was killed by a Mantis Blade that sent someone flying into a wall with a punch.

Only good AP showings left are from the RPGs rather than 2077/Edgerunners afaik.
Wasn't there mention that there'd be vehicles with mounted missiles or smth? I dunno if that got implemented, but if it did, that'd definitely be something to look into. Edgerunners has weapons turning people to paste which should be wall level if common feats page is anything to go by. And I believe in 2077, you can fragment 7 footish tall mechs with explosives that people can survive. I imagine all of those fall into the high-end of wall level.

For some of my last Sandevistan calcs, I need to know what type of guns these are, their muzzle velocity, and size of the bullets they fire.
All-David-usage-of-Sandevistan-Cyberpunk-Edgerunners-4-6-screenshot.png
All-David-usage-of-Sandevistan-Cyberpunk-Edgerunners-5-59-screenshot.png

On an unrelated note, Adam Smasher's gun is ******* huge. Like, considering Adam is like 7-8 feet tall that things gotta be giant.

For some of my last Sandevistan calcs, I need to know what type of guns these are, their muzzle velocity, and size of the bullets they fire.
All-David-usage-of-Sandevistan-Cyberpunk-Edgerunners-4-6-screenshot.png
All-David-usage-of-Sandevistan-Cyberpunk-Edgerunners-5-59-screenshot.png

On an unrelated note, Adam Smasher's gun is ******* huge. Like, considering Adam is like 7-8 feet tall that things gotta be giant.
Looks like a futuristic and heavy duty version of a P90 which has a muzzle velocity of 715 m/s

Yes, did you need the ones on the right as well?
Yeah. I'm guessing from the size it's some sort of machine gun or something. I'm pretty sure all these guns are in Cyberpunk 2077 with more realistic models, and it'd prolly be easy to make out what it's modeled after if it isn't already tho. Some weapons have stated speeds, but don't think all of them do.

Back