• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Well they fall into the same sorta skill trees present in the game and the skills and weapons present in the game also appear in the anime with it actually directly using game assets like sounds, the exact game map design when they show navigation, the same sorta phone call style and sounds from the game.

Otherwise the outfits from the show aren't at all far removed feom the kinda stuff people wore in the game already and as said before

Not familiar with the game. I assume you mean they're very strong, reliable, rare, reputable &/or expensive equipment in the game as well?
And yes the gear is pretty good in game especially at the later tiers and they definitely get pretty expensive for the highest tiered sorta gear

Other than the Cyberskeleton, nothing in Edgerunners or that five minute official AMV is something that either isn't in the game or something unrealistic for the game.

Plus in 2077 you can find the same BD David had with the a Cyberpyscho and V talks with Falco.

Not familiar with the game. I assume you mean they're very strong, reliable, rare, reputable &/or expensive equipment in the game as well?
The Sandevistan is just a reflex booster for Neuralware and the Gorrila Arms are really just a standard Cyberarm with a lot of muscle and physical augmentation boost afaik.

I believe lore wise you could actually shove both a grenade launcher and even Mantis Blade/Wolverine claws in one arm, which you couldn't do in 2077 proper.

I believe lore wise you could actually shove both a grenade launcher and even Mantis Blade/Wolverine claws in one arm, which you couldn't do in 2077 proper.
Even then that's moreso like gameplay mechanic wise no? Since you simply just can't do that period in game unless.you have it modded to be able to

Even then that's moreso like gameplay mechanic wise no
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. To my memory Gorilla Arms is just like, reinforced polymers + enhanced muscles rather being their own thing. Something like Maine's arms are possible under the TTRPG rules afaik.

So yeah
Crushing: A cybernetic arm uses synthetic muscle fibres instead of flesh and blood. They don't get tired, and they don't feel pain. They are also much stronger than normal muscle tissue. This gives a cyberarm tremendous gripping power. AII cyberlimbs can easily crush light metals, woods and plastics. They can crush glass and plastic to dust (although they can't crush limbs of coal into diamonds!). In combat, any crushing grip with a cyberarm will do 2D6 killing damage.

Cyberpunk 2013 - View from the Edge 24
Cyberpunk 2020 has this part about basic Muscle and Bone Laces
"So I went into the Clinic for the treatment. They jammed an IV into my arm, and made me drink a lot of horrible concoctions. A week went by. I was working on the dock when a pallet broke loose and trapped the foreman. I walked over, grabbed, and lifted the pallet of him. A quarter ton. Frack. This nanotech stuff is scary!"
Which should scale to the animals since they have a far, far better version of this
In the world of Cyberpunk 2077, most turn to electronic cyberware and beefy guns to solve their problems. The Animals, a gang of ferocious freaks often encountered in west Pacifica, shun both. Instead, they use electronics-free artisanal implants as well as nanosurgery to deliver ultra-advanced steroids and nutrients directly to their cells. They have also honed a method of street fighting to deploy those bodies as effective weapons against firearm-toting rivals. They spend most of their time in Pacifica's abandoned playgrounds, but can be seen throughout the city wherever a take-no-shit bouncer or bodyguard is needed.

Muscles that look like they are about to burst through skin, tube-sized veins, shaved heads sitting directly atop ox-like shoulders—the Animals' bodies are their uniforms and most distinctive features. Their skin is covered with the side effects of the muscle-bulking chemicals: hideous scars and rash-like marks. Due to the ludicrous strength of these muscles, they need endoskeletal implants and joint reinforcements to keep their bones from crushing themselves and their tendons from snapping. Bits of metal can thus be seen among the mounds of flesh, but for the most part, the Animals are stunning examples of how incredibly unnatural "organic" can look.

Cyberpunk 2077: Digital Artbook
Both 2013 and 2020 note that Cyberarms make someone at least 10x stronger compared to a flesh arm.

In RED it's possible to have both a Grenade Launcher, Monowire (called a Slice 'N Dice) and Wolverine claws all in one arm for example.

So really for 2077 my main guess, besides just gameplay balance, is that V's cyberarms are just like, super tooled for just that arm. So they have to many attachments for every unique arm that they're unable to stack them.

If people are fine with the speed calc stuff I went over, then we can do the CRTs now.

Though V will require some work.

If people are fine with the speed calc stuff I went over, then we can do the CRTs now.

Though V will require some work.
Well I haven't seen anyone comment on the speed section from before so we may have to go with Supersonic, Hypersonic+ with Sandevistan

Though in honesty from my calc the supersonic value is literally right off from being supersonic+ since it's at 842.333m/s while the plus value is at 857.5m/s

Considering you can get closer I would imagine a supersonic+ is very possible.
I'd say so as well I don't think it'd be too far fetched base to base having characters who are faster like that being baseline supersonic+ while everyone else is supersonic

Personally speaking the only thing I really see left to do would be make a profile for like, Arasaka and Militech. I think we got all the notable characters (besides Johnny and Black Hand) done.

I'd guess they'd be fine with the speed ratings, the 9-B stuff (though would critique our terminology use), maybe the 9-A stuff and probably say the 8-B ratings are high balled statistics.

Some of Vs powers would also be more gameplay mechanic rather than lore.

I'd guess they'd be fine with the speed ratings, the 9-B stuff (though would critique our terminology use), maybe the 9-A stuff and probably say the 8-B ratings are high balled statistics.

Some of Vs powers would also be more gameplay mechanic rather than lore.

I was actually hoping you’d explain it on the thread in the link but thank you.

maybe explain it a bit more in the thread please thank you.

Personally speaking the only thing I really see left to do would be make a profile for like, Arasaka and Militech. I think we got all the notable characters (besides Johnny and Black Hand) done.
Wait what? I thought the other profiles (like Lucy) are still on progress

Minor thing, but shouldn't David have Street level durability in his first key on account of being able to survive the KE he outputs when using Sandevistan? We do rate him as having Street level AP with it after all. And both examples have him physically hitting something.

Minor thing, but shouldn't David have Street level durability in his first key on account of being able to survive the KE he outputs when using Sandevistan? We do rate him as having Street level AP with it after all. And both examples have him physically hitting something.
Didn't he like harm himself attacking without any other cyberware tho

Stealing this comment from Reddit:
TL;DR: This is not a DLC. This is Cyberpunk 2.0.

• virtually every system of the main game has been changed and/or updated
  • police system is completely reworked with multiple tiers of NCPD/mercs chasing you down in vehicles according to your wanted level, apparently on level 5 maxtac will chase you down and it will be some sort of bossfight against them (source: )
  • perks and skills have been completely overhauled, no longer simple passive stat boosts, much more active abilities like different melee finishers, a dash, or the ability to deflect bullets with melee weapons
  • an entirely new 6th skill tree that uses a different type of skill points (relic points) that will be used to add new abilities to your cyberware
  • the difficulty curve is reworked/rebalanced
  • the loot tiers are reworked
  • archetypes of enemies have been redone for more variety in combat encounters
  • installing cyberware now has an effect on your body and you cant install too much or else you will go cyberpsycho (no idea what that looks like in game)
  • you can now "attune" cyberware to one of your attributes, making it more efficient if you have invested in that attribute; example here optical camo is attuned to the "cool" attribute:
  • armor is no longer tied to clothing, it instead tied to your cybernetics
  • vehicle combat is added to the game, you can even use your katana on your bike
  • vehicles are no longer bought from fixers, but bought through a website set up by mama welles
  • some vehicles have guns installed on them (machine guns, rocket launchers)
  • new type of infinitely replayable/repeatable missions are being added where you need to steal certain vehicles marked on your map
  • new activity introduced "airdrops", loot caches that drop randomly on the map that you can fight over and retrieve for yourself
  • tons of new random events/activities are added to make the world feel more alive, like car chases and gang fights

Key point here is that with the bullet deflection stuff we'll have some solid speed feats that V can scale to.

Also since CDPR borrowed the mods for Cyberpycho and the NCPD overhaul please give Smasher the modded Sandevistan stuff so I don't blitz him in every normal playthrough.

Key point here is that with the bullet deflection stuff we'll have some solid speed feats that V can scale to.

Also since CDPR borrowed the mods for Cyberpycho and the NCPD overhaul please give Smasher the modded Sandevistan stuff so I don't blitz him in every normal playthrough.
I'll be on break in a minute, will read soon

Nice this sounds like a dream for everything people wanted and indeed now we can get some serious upgrades for V

The clothing change is nice though. It was a bit grindy with leveling stuff. I've always liked the idea of cyberware version more.

So lore wise, V starts the DLC during/after the Voodoo boys. So it's an Act 2-3 DLC rather than post-game or pre-ending DLC.
Q: All right. How far do you have to get into the base game before you can start out Phantom Liberty?

A: I'm not sure if we said specifically, but you got to get to the part with Brigitte and the Voodoo Boys. Once you get to that part, it unlocks this next step. Then again, from the menu, you can skip right ahead to that to create a new character or go from the beginning.

Back