• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Is no one actually reading the ad for this? It's not even an in-world ad, it's referring to the Sandevistan beer itself, nor does it make any explicit claims equating this beer to the Sandevistan advertisement. Any amount of taking it seriously or at face-value would be done with the pure interest of inflating numbers.

Is no one actually reading the ad for this? It's not even an in-world ad, it's referring to the Sandevistan beer itself, nor does it make any explicit claims equating this beer to the Sandevistan advertisement. Any amount of taking it seriously or at face-value would be done with the pure interest of inflating numbers.
Ah imma be honest chief it's been a couple of days since I read it but I remember it being brought up so that's on me my bad

It's in direct reference to the device though. On its own, I agree that it shouldn't be used. However, pretty much all Sandevistan feats I'm picturing can easily reach the nanosecond range. It would just serve as a supplementary piece of evidence.

Also Reflexes 8 is ******* high btw. Stats in the game go from 1 to max 20, and the highest REF I've seen so far is from 2020 Adam Smasher (15), having Reflexes 8 makes you equivalent to a mid-tier at the very least. It's not "anyone without Sandevistan can still react to bullets" it's "anyone without Sandevistan or 8 REFLEXES cannot react to bullets"

Last edited:
Also Reflexes 8 is ******* high btw. Stats in the game go from 1 to max 20, and the highest REF I've seen so far is from 2020 Adam Smasher (15), having Reflexes 8 makes you equivalent to a mid-tier at the very least. It's not "anyone without Sandevistan can still react to bullets" it's "anyone without Sandevistan or 8 REFLEXES can react to bullets"
This.. @Naitodesu is really familiar with the og tabletop stuff so this is very relevant and valid with 2077 taking a lot from this with it's stat stuff

It's in direct reference to the device though. On its own, I agree that it shouldn't be used. However, pretty much all Sandevistan feats I'm picturing can easily reach the nanosecond range. It would just serve as a supplementary piece of evidence.
It's ridiculous you're even considering it as evidence. It's real life BEER with CYBERPUNK THEME, it's EXPLICITLY says:
A sip of the Sandy will have your neurons tingling
Like, taking it to its furthest logical extent would only just mean that the beer itself would actually do this and not the Sandevistan cybernetic device itself unless we're out here drinking cybernetic implants. The description purely refers to the beer, and the fact that it's real-life beer and I have seen no one move at Relativistic speeds and reactions means this is just purely flavor text that shouldn't be taken at face value.

Also Reflexes 8 is ******* high btw. Stats in the game go from 1 to max 20, and the highest REF I've seen so far is from 2020 Adam Smasher (15), having Reflexes 8 makes you equivalent to a mid-tier at the very least.
Which is fine tbh. I don't think everyone should scale to the feat calc'd for David since that's like David near his peak with enhancements and a military grade sandevistan to boot. Reflexes and other implants evidently also contribute to speed, and thus only high-tiers which David should be considered should scale ONLY with a Sandevistan. Low-Tiers or Mid-Tiers should scale off their own feats.
It's ridiculous you're even considering it as evidence. It's real life BEER with CYBERPUNK THEME, it's EXPLICITLY says:
Supplementary evidence, a secondary evidence. It isn't at any point used as a main piece of evidence. It's like "Hey, on top of all these feats, there's also this drink that's a direct reference to the thing that is consistent with the actual thing". It's not "This scan means Sandevistan is uncontestably a nanosecond reaction timer enhancement".
I have seen no one move at Relativistic speeds and reactions means this is just purely flavor text that shouldn't be taken at face value.
I haven't calc'd em yet, but I already said above there's several other feats that look Sub-Rel to Relativistic above. Such as feats involving the railgun which I can likely see getting Massively Hypersonic off of dodging it alone, possibly getting higher with military grade sandevistan. There's two other bullet freezing feats in the Anime, and even something like David seeing blood falling at near statue speeds could give sub-rel results.

But again, at no point would it be a main argument, just a minor piece of text that is made in reference to the real deal.

20220929_073121.jpg

Which is fine tbh. I don't think everyone should scale to the feat calc'd for David since that's like David near his peak with enhancements and a military grade sandevistan to boot. Reflexes and other implants evidently also contribute to speed, and thus only high-tiers which David should be considered should scale ONLY with a Sandevistan. Low-Tiers or Mid-Tiers should scale off their own feats.

Supplementary evidence, a secondary evidence. It isn't at any point used as a main piece of evidence. It's like "Hey, on top of all these feats, there's also this drink that's a direct reference to the thing that is consistent with the actual thing". It's not "This scan means Sandevistan is uncontestably a nanosecond reaction timer enhancement".

I haven't calc'd em yet, but I already said above there's several other feats that look Sub-Rel to Relativistic above. Such as feats involving the railgun which I can likely see getting Massively Hypersonic off of dodging it alone, possibly getting higher with military grade sandevistan. There's two other bullet freezing feats in the Anime, and even something like David seeing blood falling at near statue speeds could give sub-rel results.

But again, at no point would it be a main argument, just a minor piece of text that is made in reference to the real deal.
Just to be clear, the beer marketing statement can be dropped entirely, it doesn't really hurt anything. It just works as secondary/supplementary evidence for the other feats that seem relativistic from eye'ing them compared to the feat calc'd above. I can calc a few more of the feats tomorrow, but I can say that the Anime seems to offer a fair amount of feats that range from Massively Hypersonic+ to Relativistic. The game seems like it'll cap out at somewhere around Massively Hypersonic? I haven't seen all the feats from the game, so I couldn't quite tell ya tho. Only been casually binging them game recently.

worry about an "outlier" when it comes to a multiplier
The multiplier wouldn't be an outlier, no.

Though enemies that dodge projectiles in the game have Sandevistan implants (albeit only stuff like Mark 1s).
just works as secondary/supplementary evidence
No, it does not. The beer ad can't be used at all.

For the thread remember on Tech weapons are that fast and the only time where David could have statued a tech weapon the anime didn't show it firing.

Last edited:
Got off work not too long ago and just got settled at home so I'm gonna sleep before I have to go back in, I'll get the clip if I have time tho

Still don't really see a reason not to use the calc. Maybe the mach 4 value is a little too high though. You should lower it to standard rifle bullet speed for a good low ball.

But yeah, the show constantly shows us that bullets like that are statues to David.

And honestly, when calced, I bet the game/RPG stuff will be only slightly less impressive.

Last edited:
any thoughts on the speed calc?
As I said before the guns being used are based off of SmartLink weapons. Bullets that move notably slower than chemical projectiles and actually curve around stuff.

The distance moved also doesn't align with our rules regarding slow or minimal movement, which is 0.013 m/s rather than assuming they couldn't cross their own projectile distance.

Still don't really see a reason not to use the calc.
Phoenks, what you're suggesting is that they're consistently over 50% the speed of light when triggering the Sandevistan. That literally just doesn't work with every other showings. It's just an outright outlier if you assume the calc is correct.

But yeah, the show constantly shows us that bullets like that are statues to David.
It varies. Objects in the background consistently move, guns fired in the Sandevistan time can be heard in slow motion in and can be heard cycling projectiles (meaning the hammer has cocked back and hit another bullet like with Adam Smasher) and there's stuff like wrist rockets and Maine being shown to move at relative motion.

Overall to say they're something like MHS or MHS+ with a calc can be resonable. It's high sure, but it still aligns with other material without breaking to many things. But Relativistic+? That's just way out there in my view.

Last edited:
Count me in as disagree as well, Relativistic just doesn't make sense in the context of the setting, I don't really think there's any way you could spin it to me doesn't feel like outright just going for large numbers. I will stand by Qawsed for this.

Count me in as disagree as well, Relativistic just doesn't make sense in the context of the setting, I don't really think there's any way you could spin it to me doesn't feel like outright just going for large numbers. I will stand by Qawsed for this.
Wow, they do forget that fiction is fiction and logic will always suck.

Wow, they do forget that fiction is fiction and logic will always suck.
The issue is that while fiction is fiction inconsistency is inconsistency. The calc itself is inflated result wise and it's utterly inconsistent with not only other mediums but with itself.

Also Cyberpunk at no point has ever implied they can accelerate human sized people to near-lightspeeds in any capacity.

Adam Smasher took the gravity of the suit, and while slightly phased, he managed to stand up and move despite being under it.
This can easily be calced.

You could calc the impact on the ground when done on him specifically, or if ya want to get extra wanky you can use the impacts from another of David's craters (Obviously you'd have to factor in area of him with the impact as a whole so it wouldn't be 1:1 but still - Got 8396173.4001893100873560937 tons for the 8-B impact).

My point is, hyper gravity that caves in things is basic LS shit. You're looking at Class M to Class G.

Last edited:
Adam Smasher took the gravity of the suit, and while slightly phased, he managed to stand up and move despite being under it.
This can easily be calced.

You could calc the impact on the ground when done on him specifically, or if ya want to get extra wanky you can use the impacts from another of David's craters (Obviously you'd have to factor in area of him with the impact as a whole so it wouldn't be 1:1 but still - Got 8396173.4001893100873560937 tons for the 8-B impact).

My point is, hyper gravity that caves in things is basic LS shit. You're looking at Class M to Class G.
We already got a calc that's class G for that so yeah you're right

Its right here
I wonder if that counts as calc stacking.

Well even if does all we would need to do is calc Smasher's hole which is still likely Class M. Though it would only scale to Smasher since David never grappled and V doesn't either I think.

I wonder if that counts as calc stacking.

Well even if does all we would need to do is calc Smasher's hole which is still likely Class M. Though it would only scale to Smasher since David never grappled and V doesn't either I think.
Technically wouldn't be calc stacking. It's all within the same exact scene, same feat, and doesn't deviate from it at all, it's basically just a normal calc with an extra step, like calcing the mass of something, and then calcing throwing that object in the same scene.

You could probably argue getting Adam's body area and dividing the value by that to get LS would be calc stacking though as it's conflating two different scenes and instances.

The force is getting a number from the size of the previous craters in Episode 9, which is why I mentioned it.
Hmm? What do you mean by "previous episode", you don't need any information past the scene itself to calc it. And looking at the blog, I don't think he's using anything in the calc that's from beyond the scene itself?

don't think he's using anything in the calc that's from beyond the scene itself?

He totally is.
I'm simply going to yoink the force David would've exerted with his gravity mech to perform this feat here. So it's mandatory this blog is read beforehand.
The feat is taking the force from the previous episode and scaling Smasher to it.

The feat is taking the force from the previous episode and scaling Smasher to it.
Yeah I get that obviously, but the calc itself doesn't seem to be drawing anything from future episodes, which is what would make it actually calc stacking.
That doesn't make something calc stacking, at all, in fact every single profile on the wiki does that to some extent?
It's just going "Attack does feat/calc. Character B can tank attack. Character B scales to attack". Now whether or not that applies in this situation is a different topic (Would still scale directly to David though), but the calc itself? Literally zero calc stacking going on from what I can see, not a single thing from future episodes, if there is, I'd like you to point it out for me because I see nothing from a mathematical stand point in the calc itself beyond that.

I'd like you to point it out for me because I see nothing from a mathematical stand point in the calc itself beyond that.
Because the force from the calc is based on the size of the crater. The crater Smasher was in was smaller than the calced craters.

You mean like yours when you pushed forward a beer ad as legitimate evidence for Cyberpunk speed?

the problem is? it is still information,and comes from the showrunner of edgerunner,is still valid,yeah i sound stupid,but that is what it is.

Also, how is something inconsistent? What is inconsistent? The only inconsistent thing is the constant speed change of the sandevistan, sometimes it is either 0.0001 seconds or even less or more, and a specific speed was never said.

That isn't calc stacking my dude.
The calc in question, the actual calc, uses absolutely nothing beyond the scene itself.
Arguing Adam doesn't scale due to a discrepancy in showings is a completely different issue altogether, but it sure as hell ain't calc stacking issues.

Back