• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Ended up doing it. Seemed simple since most the values needed were already calc'd. Got around where I expected.
Oh damn thanks that looks good I'm still at work won't be off until tomorrow at 7:30am for me (its 10:28pm for reference) so I wouldn't have time and it's my long work week so the calc I was gonna do is gonna have to wait so I'm glad you did this

Next is Sandevistan stuff.
I'm really interested to see how you'll do this I'm not familiar with snail time type speed calcs and btw tech weapons are like mach 6 so if you use those in any sandevistan calcs it'd be good to note we also have scans for that as well

I'm really interested to see how you'll do this I'm not familiar with snail time type speed calcs and btw tech weapons are like mach 6 so if you use those in any sandevistan calcs it'd be good to note we also have scans for that as well
Isn't it only like the railguns or smth that are mach 6? I was gonna try to calc David's bullet "freeze" feat which I imagine would get fairly higher than the 10x increase currently assumed for it based on the 2077 description.

Isn't it only like the railguns or smth that are mach 6?
Tech weapons use advanced railgun tech that's where the mach 6 comes from, there's multiple types of weapons but the bullet freeze should yield something good anyways
which I imagine would get fairly higher than the 10x increase currently assumed for it based on the 2077 description.
Likely yeah but the 10x is pretty accurate to its capabilities without reaching outlier territory but we actually need more speed calcs to determine what's most consistent anyways though supersonic-high hypersonic+ is where we're ranging rn with the stuff that's blatant even with it uncalculated so we'll just have to see

Tech weapons use advanced railgun tech that's where the mach 6 comes from, there's multiple types of weapons but the bullet freeze should yield something good anyways

Likely yeah but the 10x is pretty accurate to its capabilities without reaching outlier territory but we actually need more speed calcs to determine what's most consistent anyways though supersonic-high hypersonic+ is where we're ranging rn with the stuff that's blatant even with it uncalculated so we'll just have to see
I don't think we'd need to worry about an "outlier" when it comes to a multiplier unless there's like a direct contradiction or smth.

I don't think we'd need to worry about an "outlier" when it comes to a multiplier unless there's like a direct contradiction or smth.
Fair enough I'd say yeah let's see the calc results first since we literally can't determine that anyways without it

Fair enough I'd say yeah let's see the calc results first since we literally can't determine that anyways without it
Since I plan to calc it, should I assume the bullets in that scene move at Mach 6, or is that the wrong type of weapon in the scene? The gun in specific looks like a rifle and shoots normal bullets.

Since I plan to calc it, should I assume the bullets in that scene move at Mach 6, or is that the wrong type of weapon in the scene? The gun in specific looks like a rifle and shoots normal bullets.
Nah the one's in that scene weren't you'll use that for any bullet feats in the game since there are cybernetically enhanced goons who can dodge tech weapon fire and block it with katanas those will also just yield good results

Nah the one's in that scene weren't you'll use that for any bullet feats in the game since there are cybernetically enhanced goons who can dodge tech weapon fire and block it with katanas those will also just yield good results
The game feats I won't touch since those ones would require more effort. I prolly could pull it off, but feeling kinda lazy, so wanted to focus on the easier stuff. I'll just assume the fastest rifle muzzle velocity in that scene which is around Mach 4 (Seems fine considering Cyberpunk takes place in the future and has far more advanced weaponry).

The game feats I won't touch since those ones would require more effort. I prolly could pull it off, but feeling kinda lazy, so wanted to focus on the easier stuff. I'll just assume the fastest rifle muzzle velocity in that scene which is around Mach 4 (Seems fine considering Cyberpunk takes place in the future and has far more advanced weaponry).
It's all good lol I'm on the game(Cyberpunk 2077 ofc)everyday to some extent anyways so I could do some work with that

That unironically lines up with that nanosecond beer add from Cyberpunk about sandevistan but still nah we def need to calc the other feats now because that's super far above everything

Well, this calc works only under the assumption of people being able to statue the bullets with the Sandevistan, which really isn't something I agree with personally, if the other numbers crunch up to this ballpark I'll find it acceptable.

Lmfao😭😭😭💀 bruh
Didn't expect it either. Feasible though. Its millions of times slower than normal time, but I believe we treat the 10x increase as a boost off of their perception, not off of normal time. And fodder can already easily block Mach 6 stuff in 2077 IIRC. We just need to calc the fastest feat done in normal speed, and see how much slower than it is in the feat calc'd to get the increase from their perspective to see if it adds up.

That unironically lines up with that nanosecond beer add from Cyberpunk about sandevistan but still nah we def need to calc the other feats now because that's super far above everything
It being above the other feats don't really matter, especially early series stuff where David had far less cybernetic enhancements and was far more frail/normal than when he pulled off this feat which is near end of series when he's souped out. As long as this feat isn't contradicted, it ain't an outlier or anything (Plus I'm pretty sure in the opening to the show, that guy who's undergoing cyberpsycosis sees his own bullets as frozen until sandevistan runs out which would net similar results. David also sees Adam Smasher's gunfire as "frozen" too which would also net high results).

Well, this calc works only under the assumption of people being able to statue the bullets with the Sandevistan, which really isn't something I agree with personally, if the other numbers crunch up to this ballpark I'll find it acceptable.
Would only really be for high-tiers with Sandevistan as opposed to just anyone I figure.

I mean it's really just not them though anyone with military-grade Sandevistans would scale to this, some random NUSA lieutenant colonel named James Norris had literally the best Sandevistan before David got a hold of it. Plus, those scenes are internally inconsistent with bullets being frozen but much slower things like raindrops or watersplashes, people moving, in other Sandevistan scenes. I'm not saying it isn't possible but taking these scenes at face value doesn't really work with the other information.

I'm not going to go through the motions of explaining my position on this because I already did so a few pages back. Simply put, if it aligns with everything else? Cool. If it expressly stands out but isn't too far above, fair, I can see it scaling to David, Smasher, and V. If it's quite literally far above the ballpark of what the setting has to offer? Outlier.

Last edited:
Didn't expect it either. Feasible though. Its millions of times slower than normal time, but I believe we treat the 10x increase as a boost off of their perception, not off of normal time
Can't say I'm entirely opposed to this idea I mean not everyone has the same reactions to begin with but it has to be consistent ofc
And fodder can already easily block Mach 6 stuff in 2077 IIRC
Not a tech weapon buuut

The fodder who can do this are still cybernetically enhanced tho not normal goons and they aren't using high grade sandevistan's only mk.1s

V also used to be able to block bullets but it was removed likely for balancing purposes

doesn't matter tho because V can still dodge tech weapon fire and see it in sandevistan

I mean it's really just not them though anyone with military-grade Sandevistans would scale to this, some random NUSA lieutenant colonel named James Norris had literally the best Sandevistan before David got a hold of it.
The slow-down of the sandevistans should remain in the same ballpark, but not their speeds. I think it's evident that individuals like Adam Smashers are FAR faster than the normal choom. Thus he'd gain more out of its slow-down is what I'm saying.
Plus, those scenes are internally inconsistent with bullets being frozen but much slower things like raindrops or watersplashes, people moving, and in other Sandevistan scenes.
Of course, nothing is going to have 100% consistency. In one scene, David sees a rocket propelled harpoon moving slower than a truck from his POV. That of course shouldn't be the case at all. Going with the highest showing is actually the safest best as it BEST demonstrates what they believe the ability is capable of.
I'm not saying it isn't possible but taking these scenes at face value doesn't really work with the other information.
What other information? Characters in the game easily reacting to weapons far exceeding Mach 7 even without Sandevistan? Easily blocking gunfire?
If it's quite literally far above the ballpark of what the setting has to offer? Outlier.
A feat isn't an outlier simply because it's far above other feats in a setting. There would also need to be contradictions. Say for example, characters being stated or shown to be incapable of reacting to speeds FAR lower than what was calculated.
Can't say I'm entirely opposed to this idea I mean not everyone has the same reactions to begin with but it has to be consistent ofc
That I disagree with. Not every feat needs to be consistent. Say for example one series ended with one of the top tiers of a verse blowing up a Planet, but every other feat before was magnitudes lower, like say Multi-Continent level, Continent level, etc.

There can be those feats that are high showings but still don't completely contradict the story and thus should still be considered legit.
doesn't matter tho because V can still dodge tech weapon fire and see it in sandevistan
IIRC, it's stated in the profile that even fodder are capable of dodging fire from railguns far more advanced than one that fires at Mach 7.1. Not sure if it's with Sandevistan though. Point is, it seems consistent that even things far exceeding bullet speed can be evaded and seen in slow-mo even in the game where mechanics would limit abilities to make things more balanced/fair.

Btw, from a guesstimation, feats such as seeing the railguns that exceed Mach 7.1, the several other bullet slow-mo and freezing feats in the anime would all be in the Massively Hypersonic+-Relativistic range. I imagine blocking the bullets at normal speed is only Hypersonic to High Hypersonic range though.

IIRC, it's stated in the profile that even fodder are capable of dodging fire from railguns far more advanced than one that fires at Mach 7.1. Not sure if it's with Sandevistan though. Point is, it seems consistent that even things far exceeding bullet speed can be evaded and seen in slow-mo even in the game where mechanics would limit abilities to make things more balanced/fair.

What other information? Characters in the game easily reacting to weapons far exceeding Mach 7 even without Sandevistan? Easily blocking gunfire?
In terms of these the fodder who can block and dodge bullets they do have sandevistan just the bare bones basic version which would be the ones that only give a 1.62x multiplier to their stats

In terms of these the fodder who can block and dodge bullets they do have sandevistan just the bare bones basic version which would be the ones that only give a 1.62x multiplier to their stats
Do they block the bullets with Sandevistan though? I assumed they didn't even need Sandevistan to do that given in the clip of V blocking bullets he did it without activating it at all.

The above video is using a mod, firstly. And secondly in Cyberpunk, your ability to react is directly tied to your Reflexes stat, anyone with Reflexes 8 and higher are able to do Evasion tests against Ranged Attacks.

Do they block the bullets with Sandevistan though? I assumed they didn't even need Sandevistan to do that given in the clip of V blocking bullets he did it without activating it at all.
Well you kinda get no indication of them like activating it because at all times they can always dodge bullets, block bullets, and move as blurs
The above video is using a mod, firstly.
Really? I could've sworn that was in launch?

And secondly in Cyberpunk, your ability to react is directly tied to your Reflexes stat, anyone with Reflexes 8 and higher are able to do Evasion tests against Ranged Attacks.
And yeah this is also true

But in the video for our purposes the enemy V was fighting was a Tyger Claws Kunoichi who actually do use sandevistan Mk 1s and Kerenzoikov
So we can still use it for low grade sandy's

The above video is using a mod, firstly.
So only enemies can block bullets?
Well you kinda get no indication of them like activating it because at all times they can always dodge bullets, block bullets, and move as blurs
Alr, wanted to make sure. So characters deflecting bullets that should have muzzle velocities at least as fast as the highest muzzle velocity variants of the real life equivalent from pretty close up. Do they need to activate sandevistan to avoid the railguns?

Alr, wanted to make sure. So characters deflecting bullets that should have muzzle velocities at least as fast as the highest muzzle velocity variants of the real life equivalent from pretty close up. Do they need to activate sandevistan to avoid the railguns?
As said here
in Cyberpunk, your ability to react is directly tied to your Reflexes stat, anyone with Reflexes 8 and higher are able to do Evasion tests against Ranged Attacks.
This is true and therefore another level of reflex that's also important but I forgot what it is

But like I said here
But in the video for our purposes the enemy V was fighting was a Tyger Claws Kunoichi who actually do use sandevistan Mk 1s and Kerenzoikov
So we can still use it for low grade sandy's

This is true and therefore another level of reflex that's also important but I forgot what it is

But like I said here
Wait, so the people who react to the rail guns aren't activating Sandevistan, but just happen to have one on that's not active? If so, couldn't it also just scale to those who don't have sandevistan given the sandevistan isn't even activated to dodge it and just requires high enough reflexes?

(Also, on another note, is their a range limit on dodging and blocking? Like can someone evade or block bullets from a few feet away without Sandevistan? That'd be a pretty good feat)

I kinda wish Cyberpunk 3077 would let us see the stats of NPCs too, there's gotta be data out there to cross-reference with it cause the stat system is incredibly similar to the tabletop

Wait, so the people who react to the rail guns aren't activating Sandevistan, but just happen to have one on that's not active? If so, couldn't it also just scale to those who don't have sandevistan given the sandevistan isn't even activated to dodge it and just requires high enough reflexes?

(Also, on another note, is their a range limit on dodging and blocking? Like can someone evade or block bullets from a few feet away without Sandevistan? That'd be a pretty good feat)
Yes and no and yes
No there's no limit and yes they can block and dodge at close range

I kinda wish Cyberpunk 3077 would let us see the stats of NPCs too, there's gotta be data out there to cross-reference with it cause the stat system is incredibly similar to the tabletop
I wish, that'd honestly be dope

Yes and no and yes
No, they don't have a sandevistan that at the time of bullet blocking/dodging isn't active? If so, that would mean people without sandevistan couldn't scale? Or was the no meant for something else?

To simplify, what I was saying is "Those guys" have a Sandevistan, but they don't need to activate its slow-motion ability to block or dodge gun-fire and railguns.
No there's no limit and yes they can block and dodge at close range
Oh, in that case, we should see if we can find clips of characters blocking or dodging bullets from pointblank. I assume that the Rail gun can't be blocked and only dodged? If so, dodging it from point blank would still be a pretty good speed feat (without activating sandevistan). I imagine it easily hitting Hypersonic range.

Either way, I think the calc I made for David's speed with sandevistan seems fine given it seems relatively consistent, but even if it weren't, I don't recall any contradictions that would make it unusable.

Btw, you mentioned something about a Nanosecond ad for the Sandevistan in the game? That'd be nice supplementary evidence, you got a screenshot of it?

like always,galo de lion found something,lore,lore for cyberpunk,by the showrunner of edgerunners(rafai)
twitter,it is said on the bottle label, that the sandevistan allows you to slow down time in nanoseconds.

so we could say that the speed of sandevistan's time slowdown is 1E-9(1 billion of a second)and I know that they will say that it is an outlier, but the problem with that is that we are assuming that our calculations are more precise, when later statements come that either increase the original speed or lower it.
This

Ah, that is a lot more explicit than I thought too. Taking that statement to the bare minimum assumption of triple digit nanoseconds would mean Massively Hypersonic+/Sub-Rel speed. Assuming single digit could mean even FTL, which I actually did get while originally making the blog by assuming the time-slow effect of Sandevistan ended a little later than what is currently in the blog. Then I decided I could be a bit more precise.

No, they don't have a sandevistan that at the time of bullet blocking/dodging isn't active? If so, that would mean people without sandevistan couldn't scale? Or was the no meant for something else?
Yes was to this
? If so, couldn't it also just scale to those who don't have sandevistan given the sandevistan isn't even activated to dodge it and just requires high enough reflexes?

Oh, in that case, we should see if we can find clips of characters blocking or dodging bullets from pointblank. I assume that the Rail gun can't be blocked and only dodged? If so, dodging it from point blank would still be a pretty good speed feat (without activating sandevistan). I imagine it easily hitting Hypersonic range.
I can get the clip and it can be both blocked and dodged

Back