• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Current standards of Spacetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope I'm not the first to really notice this but current standards for spacetime in the tiering system. I've this inconsistently arise in multiple verses including some I've even worked in and it took me awhile to realize this and even in the speed system for Immesruable speed helps decenonce this error with the standard of current spacetime, my main premise is that Time is 'separated' from space in a sense that time is not a fourth dimension of space. Instead, time as a numerical order of change exists in a 3D space. But the biggest error with space-time being 4D is essentially a transcendence paradox due to wording, say Character A transcends spacetime to become higher dimensional but a problem arises with 4D spacetime where normally with this wording Character A would be 5D but Consistency wise transcending spacetime has always just been 4D essentially a transcendence that goes nowhere and is inconsistent in wording for the meaning of transcending.

Sometimes you have to chisel your own tombstone.
Welp, you brought this on yourself. Just hope and pray that DontTalkDT and Ultima_Reality agree with you on this.

If they don't... well... a rule will be made against this, which is most likely gonna happen given how we've vigorously rejected getting rid of Dimensional Tiering before.

Site-wide downgrades to every Tier 2 character???
Considering 4D forms basis or starting point of everything Higher D afaik...

This thread is equivalent of busting and pulverizing foundations of an entire skyscraper.
Skyscraper in this case being everything Tier 2 and up.

Sometimes you have to chisel your own tombstone.
Even OP admits.

images_3.jpeg

My recommendation: Read fewer pop-science articles and more physics books. Pop-science articles state a lot of nonsense if you search long enough. Or, to be scientifically correct, lots of really questionable ideas of random science people that leave no mark in general science consensus whatsoever.
Like, name me one popular science book or prestigious site that doesn't describe gravity as the curvature of spacetime, but as "a result of the diminished energy density of a 3D quantum vacuum caused by the presence of a given stellar object or material body", like the pop-science article.

Literally, any book to actually go into quantitative details on physics has time as 4th dimension. Just try finding any book that states the heat equation without a dimension of time. Or a book on relativity that doesn't use 4D spacetime. You won't find any.

My recommendation: Read fewer pop-science articles and more physics books. Pop-science articles state a lot of nonsense if you search long enough. Or, to be scientifically correct, lots of really questionable ideas of random science people that leave no mark in general science consensus whatsoever.
Like, name me one popular science book or prestigious site that doesn't describe gravity as the curvature of spacetime, but as "a result of the diminished energy density of a 3D quantum vacuum caused by the presence of a given stellar object or material body", like the pop-science article.

Literally, any book to actually go into quantitative details on physics has time as 4th dimension. Just try finding any book that states the heat equation without a dimension of time. Or a book on relativity that doesn't use 4D spacetime. You won't find any.
Well, i guess this is a straight up disagreement?

Yes. Pretty sure it's also not the first time this was brought up either.
I think we should make a stern rule about this so that people don't ever bring this up again. This is getting super annoying to boot.

I share similar thoughts with DontTalkDT on the topic. So, I disagree with the opening proposals.

That's a form of circular logic, saying all science from books is always right thus all other forms is objectively wrong. Not to mention your still begging the question of how is spacetime the 4th Dimension.

That's a form of circular logic, saying all science from books is always right thus all other forms is objectively wrong. Not to mention your still begging the question of how is spacetime the 4th Dimension.
Well, science/physic books are more reliable than a single page article in the internet anyways

I'm neutral but people should truly debunk what has been shown on OP instead of just simply saying the source is incorrect and go away

I agree with DontTalkDT, this is not the first time we been getting topics like this; and we have had countless related threads that predate all the way to like 2015 that basically used the exact same articles saying the same things.

OP is on the right track but the 4th dimension of a universe would just be a spatial one instead of a temporal one.
My guy, do you know how detrimental that is?

Imagine having to prove a universe is 4D but time can’t be a factor. Almost no one on the wiki would be tier 2. 💀💀💀

Time describes the movement of space and is thus reliant on space to exist within. As such space would exist on any level that time exists on. With time not being a dimension but a construct since it describes the movement of something in every dimension. So while you are not wrong that a dimension of time (aka a temporal dimension) is used in a lot of science books. This is a non-physical dimension, something abstract we can use to describe the universe, which can't be used to determine hypervolume. With a certain structure's hypervolume being what we need to analyze for the tiering system.

Ok I was gonna comment on this site once exams were done but I’ll bite here. If you have only one article and that’s it to disprove space time being 4-D, you’re not gonna be able to convince anyone that the standard norm is false, hell I can pull up any other .org/.edu website regarding space and time being 4-D as a whole through a quick google search. So you need way more proof than one article to change the norm here.
Trying this one against many tactic doesn't work in this situation cause I google search the same thing for the opposite to find more than result opposing the current science, so no this not a one shot page article.

A .com article doesn’t really help your case given they’re not as reliable as .edu/.org websites. Just letting you know that right now.

A .com article doesn’t really help your case given they’re not as reliable as .edu/.org websites. Just letting you know that right now.
Then tell me this, what validates your article above mine. Cause so far you haven't attacked the science behind it just the validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back