• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rapid-Fire Questions about spacetime.

Note: please do not provide one word answers. Respond with clear answers.

description:
1.A universe is represented by a bubble. Is this bubble a “spacetime continuum”?
2. I have heard a STC can also describe a timeline. So, can a STC be a universe and timeline at the same time?

3. If the bubble is “made up of” 3 spatial dimensions and the bubble is “run” by 1 temporal dimension, would this bubble be called a “4D space time continuum”? Would a bubble with 4 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension be classified as a 5D spacetime continuum?

4. A 4D STC is “qualitatively larger” than an infinite 3D space.
It is a “greater infinite”. Is this relating to how, a 4D STC feat means it’s destroying an infinite 3D space an uncountably infinite amount of times??
AKA, aleph 1 vs aleph null?

1. As always it depends on the context. It's easiest if the franchise you're talking about refers to these "bubbles" as space-times directly, but statements that they are "everything" or "all existence" are good as well.

2. Yes. Timelines are always considered to be space-time continuums, as that's what a STC is. Simply the past, present, and future; or an uncountable "snapshots" of a 3-dimensional space

3. Yes, and yes. A space-time is simply all the dimensions of space, and components of time. All space-times in fiction are considered to be, by default, 4D unless otherwise stated. If you had a space-time with 4 dimensions of space, and 1 of time, it would be 5D. If you had a space-time with only 3 dimensions of space, and 2 dimensions of time, it would also be 5D.

4. Yes? I'm not too well versed with alephs, but the idea is that destroying a 4D STC is the equivalent of destroying a 3D space an uncountably infinite amount of times. Destroying a 5D STC would be destroying an uncountably infinite amount of 4D STC, and so on and so forth

Yes? I'm not too well versed with alephs, but the idea is that destroying a 4D STC is the equivalent of destroying a 3D space an uncountably infinite amount of times. Destroying a 5D STC would be destroying an uncountably infinite amount of 4D STC, and so on and so forth
“Imagine An infinite amount of 4D STC. The space between them is always a 5D space until proven otherwise”
Is this line of thinking ( LoT ) correct?

if true, let me proceed with a few more questions based on that LoT.
“This 5D space is infinite. But, it would need a STC to “run””.
Is this correct?

So, is this infinite 5D space ( which contains an infinite amount of 4D STC ),

“contained” ( is that the right word ? ), in a 6D STC. Since this infinite 5D space would clearly be 5 spatial dimensions and now, 1 temporal one.

If you can’t answer that’s okay, you made my day by answering my questions. :)

“Imagine An infinite amount of 4D STC. The space between them is always a 5D space until proven otherwise”
Is this line of thinking ( LoT ) correct?

if true, let me proceed with a few more questions based on that LoT.
“This 5D space is infinite. But, it would need a STC to “run””.
Is this correct?

So, is this infinite 5D space ( which contains an infinite amount of 4D STC ),

“contained” ( is that the right word ? ), in a 6D STC. Since this infinite 5D space would clearly be 5 spatial dimensions and now, 1 temporal one.

If you can’t answer that’s okay, you made my day by answering my questions. :)
1.) I don't really agree with the way this site views bulk spaces (space between STCs) but right now we view them as an "unquantifiable" amount of 5D space, AKA, it doesn't count as truly 5D. They are still 5D but characters who create/destroy/affect them aren't Low 1-C automatically. There needs to be statements of this space being "infinite" or "higher" than regular STC to be that level of power.

2.) Yes. All spaces have a dimension of time unless stated otherwise. The idea behind spaces between STCs is that they have 4 dimensions of space, and 1 of time. Therefore it would always be 5D.

3.) No. I had this confusion myself, but a space containing STCs would not contain the dimension of time of them itself, only the space. Basically, even though a 5D space contains STCs, they are all running through the axis/direction of time unless stated otherwise. Even if it's shown that some universes in the cosmology move at different paces, they would all share the same dimension of time, just moving at different rates

The last answer is really hard to explain, but basically the space between STCs has only 4 spacial dimensions, not 5.

That clears things up.

What if i wanted my cosmology which is an infintie 5D space containing infinite 4D STCs,

to be 2-A ( multiversal level+ ) ?

-The requirement is that they each have their own spacetime continuum, correct?

Since my cosmology has one direction of time that the infinite 5D space and the infinite 4D STCs run through,

How would I describe it?

@PonePoster
Hello, please respond to question my question when available.

You said all my “infinite 4D STCs ( plus the infinite 5D space ), all run through the same temporal dimension”,
is this correct?

Is this because you are assuming my “infinite 4D STCs” are based on multiverse theory? Where each universe is a branch off of an infinite different amount of choices from the original universe?

If so, this is not correct. Each 4D STC in my universe each has its own big bang and unconnected timelines.

So, now that that’s cleared up, would my 5D infinite space now require its own temporal dimension to “run”?

This one is for clearing things up:
If my cosmolgy WAS based on multiverse theory, wouldn’t that mean that each universe is technically just a universe and the
one, single temporal dimension just automatically makes each universe turn into a 4D STC?

Back