• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the archetypes and the supreme archetypes are basically stronger versions of the outer gods?

Also just one point of contention I have is 5-A Nya. Is there calc for that? Because the feat itself feels like 5-B but I'm likely wrong so forget it.
It's 5-A alright
4*(2.49×10e32[The GBE of the earth])*(384472282/6371071.027[Distance between the moon and the earth divided by the radius of the earth)^2=3.6271416e+37 (which is 5-A).

Also, a similar feat for this was calced for BlazBlue, and it was 5-A
Edit: Did the GBE for the earth incorrectly, so I have to make a recalc. 4*(2.242×10^32)*(384472282/6371071.027)^2=3.2658842e+36, so still 5-A
Edit2: I made a blogpost for it just because

Last edited:
So the archetypes and the supreme archetypes are basically stronger versions of the outer gods?
The Archetypes are much more than "stronger versions" of the Outer Gods. The Outer Gods are merely a fractional view of the Archetypes, partaking in a fragmentary, change-involving perspective as opposed to the changeless totality beyond perspective that the Archetypes constitute. The Outer Gods are portrayed with characteristics such as being capable of breeding and producing larvae and having been born at the same "time" as space itself, as well as revolving around Azathoth while playing and dancing to vile instruments - all of which do not apply to the Archetypes as they exist beyond such limitations of perspective as identity and causality.

Well, finally someone acknowledge that Azathoth awakening =/= the whole Cthulhu Mythos vanishes, that feat is literally did not represented within any Lovecraft's writing at all. Also someone actually take the family tree into account, the RT from Thingmabob play it out as a joke is extremely disturbing, as most of Lovecraft's worldbuilding are contained within those letters between him and his penpals. Also finally bringing the Archetype into the table, never see anyone here discuss about them at all like none have read those works.

Part of me feels a bit eh about the new pictures for azzy and yoggy. I think it's because I'm so used to the old ones, but eh. Not sure how I feel about azzy looking like a wolf

D5btmMnX4AEvp8o

Would legit love this to be Nyarlethotep's profile picture, but it doesn't really suit what the common design for the character is (sadly)
Anyways, could I recommend this image for Nyarlethotep?

Last edited:
Part of me feels a bit eh about the new pictures for azzy and yoggy. I think it's because I'm so used to the old ones, but eh. Not sure how I feel about azzy looking like a wolf
We chose the picture for Azathoth as it was more abstract and chaotic, and indicative of his nature. The previous picture wasn't bad per say, but it felt a bit reductive as iconic as it was. The image also points you right at the center of it, with all the lines and swirling spirals kinda zoning in on it, and the centered imagery is pretty important to azathoth as "The Nuclear Chaos at the Center of Infinity"

The picture for Yog wasn't bad either it just... Didn't really fit the aesthetic? His orbs picture felt more like a very new age spirituality / super science image. The new one we went with feels alot more bleak and theres a bigger sense of scale.

This might sound like a weird question but would the archetype versions of the Ultimate Gods retain their intelligence or be inapplicable? Stupid question but I figured at that level of transcendence they'd also transcend sentience and intelligence

This might sound like a weird question but would the archetype versions of the Ultimate Gods retain their intelligence or be inapplicable? Stupid question but I figured at that level of transcendence they'd also transcend sentience and intelligence
Well its sort of a oneness beyond duality, so... Maybe they'd technically be omniscient due to oneness? But i'm uncertain of that.

We chose the picture for Azathoth as it was more abstract and chaotic, and indicative of his nature. The previous picture wasn't bad per say, but it felt a bit reductive as iconic as it was. The image also points you right at the center of it, with all the lines and swirling spirals kinda zoning in on it, and the centered imagery is pretty important to azathoth as "The Nuclear Chaos at the Center of Infinity"
Wait so the art is not meant to look like a wolf or am I insane

Damn it, it's hard to understand.
I can understand that Archetype transcends OG, but I don't understand why the difference between Archetype and OG is as different as Low 1-A and High 1-A.
If you don't mind, can someone explain it?

Damn it, it's hard to understand.
I can understand that Archetype transcends OG, but I don't understand why the difference between Archetype and OG is as different as Low 1-A and High 1-A.
If you don't mind, can someone explain it?
The Archetypes are an all pervading oneness beyond The Ultimate Void, in the "Ultimate Mystery". The Outer Gods are just reductory forms of these archetypes and don't come even close to encompassing their oneness in the mystery.

What's funny is that I did make a 1-A revision thread for the Nightgaunts and Hunting Horrors a while back but it never got traction and I thought that it was too outlandish to keep bringing attention too.

Glad to see those changes actually happen.

Just wondering, but considering this is part 1, who are part of the part 2 revisions? Cthulhu is it?

Yeah. I've used red because the the wiki from where I've first made the sandbox had a dark background, so red was working wonders on it. Here probably black would be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back