• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the verse was weird on here. I like that this is finally happening.
We still have lots of work to do.

I can name a few pages with EU content still on the wiki somehow. This verse needs an overhaul really badly in both ratings and the lore we have listed lmao.

How I love pictures used in revised profiles. And how I understand, you make CM higher now?
yes, they have higher ratings than before.

The Outer Gods were previously 1-A, sans Azathtoh and Yog who were Tier 0

Now all of the Outer Gods are High 1-A and have a Tier 0 key, Yog and Azzy's High 1-A is some degree above the other Outer Gods, and they also have a stronger Tier 0 key in the form of The Supreme Archetype

For the most part I agree with all of it.

Only thing I find weird is the distinction between "Yog-Sothoth" and the "Supreme Archetype", when in reality, they are the same thing.

"The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, They walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen. Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

"In the face of that awful wonder, the quasi-Carter forgot the horror of destroyed individuality. It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self—not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence’s whole unbounded sweep—the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as YOG-SOTHOTH, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yuggoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign—yet in a flash the Carter-facet realised how slight and fractional all these conceptions are."

As you can see, there is not much suggesting that all of existence is Azathoth's dream in here, especially when this quote is viewed in a vacuum and with no preconceived notions in mind. Instead, it just says that Azathoth lies dormant in the center of the Ultimate Void, and mutters the contents of his own dreams, which are things that even he cannot understand.
I think it's more an extrapolation on Azathoth's character as a whole and what we know directly about him.

Him being the Lord of All but being ruled by something (The Supreme Archetype) conflicts with what we know about Azathoth's characterization, even if he is Ruled by a Higher Self in Yog-Sothoth.

Only thing I find weird is the distinction between "Yog-Sothoth" and the "Supreme Archetype", when in reality, they are the same
They are the same mostly in the sense that Yog-Sothoth is a fractional conception derived from the Supreme Archetype, which exists relative to the Outer Gods as portrayed in Lovecraft's other stories, where they are more akin to mutable beings with local identities than to the ineffable supreme beings that Through the Gates of the Silver Key describes, hence him being included in Lovecraft's family tree and depicted as Shub-Niggurath's consort. Differently from his Archetypal self, who is truly eternal, unchanging, and in all likelihood more of a higher counterpart to both Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth than one to Yog-Sothoth alone.

Last edited:
Also it'd be strange to differentiate the other Outer Gods' archetypes, but not the Supreme Archetype from Azzy and Yog.

The proposals seem fine from what I read. So, I am fine with the changes.

Ultima, KingPin0422, ShivaShakti, and Ovy7, cool works with the verse revision, between.

So, we now have unanimous agreement from over 30 people (Three of which are staff) and roughly 0 disagreements. I take it that this can be applied now, no?

Which staff members have agreed with this?

Okay. I would prefer some more staff input, but if most of the regular knowledgeable members agree as well, I suppose that this is probably reliable to apply.

Can I ask a question about this thread please?

- What are the transcendence levels in high 1a of cthulhu characters with the high 1a key except outer gods? how much are they above the baseline high 1 a?

Can i ask one more question please?

- What are the transcendence levels of the high 1a keys possessed by the outer gods? how much are they above the baseline high 1 a?

Oh, will KingPin post the cosmology blog to the page soon or will it come after part 2?

Okay. Thanks. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back