• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

"Oooghhh..."

She makes direct impact towards the ground, her face muddied by the fall. Frustrated, with her one unbroken arm, she wipes some of it off of her with a low grumble. Perking her head up towards the others, she's... surprised to see her party here of all places, but instead of celebration, this was hardly the best time for them to reunite. So, her time is spent mostly on warning.

"Do as he says .... This is a fight even you can't win."

"Sheer strength doesn't exactly matter against me."

Selene noted out loud.

"I'd be willing to hear him out in non-threatening circumstances. There's no real reason why he can't explain things here, I'd think. At least who he is and why he wants us to go with him."

She answered.

"If it's clear you're not going to act maliciously to us the moment we follow, then I wouldn't mind."

@Frijed gang

“....”

Voices begin to scratch your mind as the behemoth glares down your eyes.

“You pulled the sun from the sky, Selene. Why?”

This voice rings across the members heads. Using their names to address them.

"I do not know the answer to that. That was no conscious effort of ours. It just happened by whatever force brought us here. We're not originally of this world."

"Not again ... "

Maria merely clutches her head with her free hand, allowing Selene to answer for her. There's a dreadful headache plaguing her, as well as the overwhelming pain from the last battle with the enemy. She's in no condition for another skirmish, much less mind games. She prayed for the will to manifest Avery again.

"Furthermore, we do not even posses the sheer amount of power that would be needed to do such a feat."

The painter adds in to what Selene said.

@Frijed gang

“You have answered my question-”

whoosh

Outside of your mind, appears a pipe connecting to the man’s body. His eyes turn away from yours, whispers peeping from the metal...

tssssss

A brief spout of steam pipes from one of his pipes. Charring Maria’s face.

“Hmm...I don’t need you now. Leave. I’ll provide ships for you on the east coast in where you can head to country of your choosing.”

Crunch

Maria’s back was shattered by the press of his foot, before holstering her back onto his shoulders.

“Do not come here again.”

Flick

His feet clank and rattle upon entering the vacuum. Both him and Maria vanishing before your eyes.

@MaidRips

thunk thunk

You arrive in a white palace. It’s roof agape as sunlight peers before it. Searing your eyes...towers of blood and steel dripping into pipes run across the floors. In which...an eagle carrying a flag is engraved onto to the floors. A wolf burnt on top of it.

“You are not a guest, but you are no foe either.”

Jumping across the stairs, you see bodies donning pink steel shells stabbed across the rooftops of the open White House. Rings wrapping around the sharp points to unravel their corpses, turning each piece of flesh into a cube with an eye on it.

chk

A door creaks open, your body dangling behind his back as he enters.

thump

You are placed in a leather chair...the bones in your body grinding. Attempting to hold themselves together after the numerous beatings.

“Rest. I can’t have you dying, what I did was only to get a message across to your companions.”

whoosh plop

A jar of tea warps into reality and into your grasp.

“Drink it. If you need help...just let me know.”

He lays down on a leather couch in front of you. Staring at the roof, or whatever is left of it.

"Krkk..kaah...."

The heiress wheezes and hacks upon the steam making it's way onto her visage, her coughs begin to become hysterical, only to be silenced by the crushing weight of his foot, leading to a slow and silent groan instead. So much pain; agony. But that was the law of equivalent exchange, after all. The adrenaline rush after finally defeating the illusionist couldn't have come at a price. She thought it fair, but not desirable. Maria gave one last look to her comrades before her departure as if to say 'I'll be fine. Don't worry about me', before disappearing into the unknown.

She feels as if she's given a demented tour of some haunted estate meant for Halloween. Only the stenches and sights are deathly real. The flag, she assumed, carried their symbol. The mark of their kingdom, meaning he, being their leader, should have been the king himself. Bodies are hung for decoration. It isn't anything beyond depraved and cruel. Her body finally arrives to the room, and is flung helplessly upon the leather chair. Struggling would do her no good now. She's nearly paralyzed from the neck down, save for the one arm left intact.

Then, the tea arrives and she raises a brow at the beast, slowly using her strength to perch it up towards her mouth and sip it up. All of this is feeling slightly familiar and in the worst way possible.

("I don't suppose you own talking furniture and an enchanted rose....?")

She remarks through her own thoughts.

"I'm... fine."

Anna grimaced (not that anyone could see through her mask) and turned to the rest of the group

”Well? Don’t just stand there, are we really going to let some asshole just take one of our group? **** that. I don't know about you but I’m certainly not going anywhere, and I’m definitely not letting that asshole push us around. Anyone with me?”

@MaidRips

Upon looking down...you would notice all your wounds are healed. Almost as if it had never happened at all.

“Good.”

He leaps out of the leather cushions, before snatching your tea out of your grasp. All of it was gone in an instant, sucked into his metal pipes and churning out a cool steam. Giving a smell of smoke and flesh as he does so. He leans on a wood desk next to you.

“You will tell me want you want with this place.”

It's like her breath was almost taken away instant. So many motions running their course in a matter of moments. Relief after having her wounds healed, fear after the animalistic leap and behavior upon taking her tea and confusion as to what exactly was going on, and would go on in the future. She felt as if she had no choice but to comply, staying safely within the comfort of the seat.

"I want things to go back to the way they were before I landed here. Nothing more, and nothing less. I want to return back to my place of origin."

Selene nodded in response to Anna.

"If we're to go on the offensive, we should do so on our own terms. I believe it best to discuss somewhere that can't be listened in to."

"I'm with you, he can't be allow to go unpunished, he must pay for what he did."

The painter responds, also nodding, as it the turns lightly towards Selene.

"We could go to my pocket dimension to discuss the plan."

@MaidRips

He stabs you down with his glare.

“...I see. Come with me.”

thump thump thump

The behemoth walks away from you. Each step ringing a resounding thump in the room...

chk

The door opens. He awaits you.

@
Frijed

whoosh

A spectre of the man points east. Ignoring the chatter being held.

Did she have a choice? Not really. She couldn't trust him, but she couldn't deny him either.

A sigh. Arising from the chair she made her way towards the door, following at a distance.

Not a word out of her mouth. Just caution, eyes darting around every corner to get a better feel of the layout. Still, this feeling of being a slave... It wasn't something she was unused to. After all this freedom, she was back to square one. Being trapped alone in a building with a psychopath. Only this time, there was only one instead of two.

"Yes. We should probably attack from the outside of his palace. He seemed rather insistent on getting us there, I feel it's possible it may grant him some advantage."

Selene noted.

@MaidRips

Without so much as a peak, he trails on deeper into the hallways and onto a balcony.

“...”

Within the red towers that align the borders are small houses and tents. People dressing in animal masks trading food and water with one another. Collaborating to build homes, weave clothes, and play with their young in open areas. Wooden swords can be heard clashing with one another, one of them wearing a wolf mask. The other donning a pink steel helmet, with eyes painted over it.

“Do not lay waste to where you must rest your weary bones. This is my home, my world.”

His eyes turn back towards you. The distance between you close, as he stands before you. Clenching his fists.

“You will not a change a thing. On your way out, talk to these people you look down on. Humble yourself.”

Chk

A face molds out of the palace, warping the space around it to spew a stairwell out of its jaw.

@Frijed co

While you have traveled to your dimension. The spectre follows you, still pointing in the direction of the boats.

"Leave."

Selene pointed Gungnir at the spectre's direction and released some of its light, aiming to expunge this intrusion and get rid of it.

The woman looks to the balcony and ponders over the sight. It's not so different from her world. And yet, here, at least for a while, these people are doing their best to help each other. Eyes linger on the traders, the children. Her hands grow soft upon the rails, looser. Even in a wretched place like this, there was beauty. But, perhaps her eyes were yet deceiving her. Another illusion. And on the other hand, her brain was always kept paranoid. Thus, she took in the sight while the goodness lasted.

She stands like a doll, hardly a reaction towards the threat. She showed no fear, rather, reflecting on herself.

"That... is a lesson I've already learned. I cannot be the person of influence I was in my world. All I can hope to be is ... complacent. I killed only in self-defense and that will be my last offense to your kingdom. I've humbled myself. Here, I belong to no house. I only reside in yours now."

Turning her head to the surreal stairwell. She waits for permission to cross it.

"Damn it so he didn't just go exploring. I swear to all the 768 gods, 685 goddesses, 7.5 deities of other or unknown genders and 1573 demigods of my world. I will destroy whatever brought me here and left my brother to die outside." I yell angrily.

@Frijed co

It vanishes.

@Oliver

(Wanted to make sure most of the group was on board with it, prolly wait for Kaiju)

@MaidRips

Your caution bears no fruit. He has turned his back on you and has started walking away.

“....”

No response is given either. However, a few villagers look in awe at your presence.

She stands solemnly, in reflection of the path taken thus far. Due to the display of power, she has her doubts if even her wits -- if the Avery Unit could possibly get her out of this place. As he turns his back, Maria stays silent. Though her face is stoic, there's much fear and conflict in her. Brown sleeves rub against each other awkwardly as her delicate, once battle-ready palms clasp against each other. However, it isn't long before she sees the citizens notice her and awkwardly steps back a few inches. So many eyes on her ... but it isn't in the way she imagined.

She's not the confident empress she was raised to be. Instead, she was here as one of them. Perhaps lesser than that. As he said, she was not a guest, but not a foe either. A difficult place to be in between. Therefore, she coyly raises her hand and gives a slight wave towards the citizens, the children, everyone who was present. The blonde's face shrunk, though a shy, nervous smile shone through that. Lips parted to speak, though unsure of how far they could hear.

"Hello..."

(to summarize nothing, the disembodied voice is me referring to William's brother Nate his brother who he absorbed to prevent his death the fact he is not here means he is most likely dead)

"Damn it so he didn't just go exploring. I swear to all the 768 gods, 685 goddesses, 7.5 deities of other or unknown genders and 1573 demigods of my world. I will destroy whatever brought me here and left my brother to die outside." I yell angrily.
(Just incase you need an in character response)

@MaidRips

“Who are you?”

“Wh-Wha...”

Gasp...Sh-She speaks!”

“Wow...”

It seems they can barely contain there excitement. The villagers are not alone either...

ruffle shuffle

“I was here first Derek! Why don’t go- Argh! Elsewhere back to your mum’s?!”

“N-No...get off me! I just wanna look!”

“Boys! Go back to your father I’ll grab my belt and whoop you in front of the city!”

Practically piling one another! Soldiers rush to protect you from the oncoming crowd!

“...”

Tight lipped as ever. They said nothing, but looked as if they had glared into the eyes of death itself...

@
East gang

DESTINATION: FUKOUROKOUJI! AUTOPILOT ENGAGED!

The boots March towards the east!
However...

rumble rumble

It seems you would want to find a steady place to sit down on...

@Listentomyrhytm

CRACK BOOOOOM

“Hurry up! I’m getting old just waiting for you!”

Rushing into the building reveals an assortment of weapons, crossbows, books, runic armor and bombs. Enough to supply a large army! Tendrils flap in the center, connecting to the gold spire of a particular suit of armor however. One that looks like Venturo’s...

chk

Your source of light is extinguished as the doors behind you close shut. Within the darkness you can hear the clanking of metal. Whispers can be heard all around you...

Last edited:
A faint blush comes across her cheeks as the soldiers rush in. She waves her hands in protest, keeping that flowering smile of hers on her visage as the noblewoman blends herself right into her truer self. The half that completed the whole of the Avery Unit. She stepped forward, hands gracefully put to her lap. A slowly building amount of confidence and... friendliness had washed over. Her voice was warm, speaking firmly, yet smoothly like a rushing river. The strength was only used to catch attention -- whilst the way she conveyed her words was soft. Delicate. Quite airy, but not inaudibly so.

"You can stay! You all can stay! Just ... no touching, alright? My name is Maria. Maria Chrysanthemum. I'm not from this world. So, I am a bit lost, as you can see. Have any of you ever -- seen anything like me before? I imagine this must be ... very new. This is new for me as well."

"Right, now that that's dealt with. I think that wolf man's palace might make for a good base of operations assuming we can take it. A siege, I suppose."

"Even with our powers, you just can't make a siege with three people and some wolfs, furthermore the wolf man is likely to have guards and soldiers. Our best bet is to just lure him out of the castle and defeat him using the bandages we got from Lilith."

Last edited:
@MaidRips

“No! We haven’t seen anything as pale as you...”

“You look like you just died!”

smack

“We don’t talk about the dead without reason, boy!”

One stands out from the crowd. A woman with metallic cat ears peppered around her head. Gleaming white as they reflect the sunlight away and into your eyes. Pipes crowding whatever space was left on her face.

whoosh

Her mouth warps the pipes around her to form a smile. Those crystal eyes staring at you as you do.

Back