• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

Sweatdrop .....

("I almost kind of did.... several times today, in fact...")

The girl catches her eye, and further reinforces her current thoughts about this world. For as many monsters and borderline insane psychopaths there were in this world, there was also beauty. Her own golden hues stare into hers, unafraid, and gleaming with a similar oceanic shimmer. Others might have seen it as something bizarre or unorthodox, but to a woman like Maria, she could have not been more enchanted. Her arms relax at the rails and she speaks once more.

"Do you have ... cartoons in your world?"

“....”

Squawking that so eagerly dripped out of the villager’s and children’s mouths stopped as the woman approaches. Giving a deafening silence...

Hm?

A beauty like no other. She was dripping white silk, robes down to her feet as she marches towards you. Maintaining the same smile...

“The king doesn’t often share the old world’s information. Nyahaha...purrhaps that is for the mewn good of the people!”

Oh

“Where are my meowners?! Come with me, I’ll offer you a purrlace to stay until...I don’t think I need to say do I?”

The blonde was ready to spit out her mountains of trivia regarding her animated fascinations, when she was halted by the noticeable presence of the woman. She folded her arms. Oh, fantastic. It was one of these. She had often met with people like her during her... less than stellar experiences in the mansion. Stuck-up, always making sure rules were being followed to an unhealthy degree, and a bleak shadow of what her parents aspired her to be -- and what she very nearly almost was. Maria could see it in that smile she wore.

"Until I die?"

A deadpan remark and a raise of her brow. She rose up from her arched position and that smile was drained from her face, giving a rather neutral unanimated look. Though, as she turned towards the others, most notably the crystal-eyed girl, she gave a faint smile before following.

“Until you leave.“

chk chk

She twitches her cat ears.

Nyehehehe! You are the purrson who murdered Skeever, why would I ever wish something like that on you?”

sigh

The villagers shuffle away from the woman, quivering back to whatever business they were doing. She grasps your arm, pulling your ears close to her lips.

“F-Forgive me! I-I have a reputation to maintain here — who would ever buy onto the brand that is Bakeneko if I break character?! Follow me. I have a home where we can talk to less prying eyes...”

Squinting her eyes -- Certainly the same mannerisms of a cat, she observed.

Blink, blink.

"Skeever -- ? God, his name was Skeever?"

Now, she was partially glad that she put him out of his misery. His parents must have despised him.

Now that the villagers have made their way out of their way, she turns back towards the feline, only to be pulled in like a strand of noodles, the effect only amplified by her rubberhose nature, face immediately shrinking again. Eyes turn to dots as her mouth becomes but a squiggly line -- she's listening carefully to what she says. Then... !!

"You too...?"

She replies in a hushed manner. Perhaps she misjudged her. The two seemed more alike than she initially led on. Maria nodded, giving her permission. This catlike woman... just who exactly was she underneath the facade of a beauty?

“Nyehehehee- NO! Ugh...I can’t stop it even I tried!”

Running past the marketplaces,tents and crowds of people. You notice soldiers staring in awe at your figure as “Bakeneko” pulls you past a bridge. The two sunset on each other as you do so..

“Eh?! W-What do you mean “you too”?! I tried being nice with you!”

Music can be heard vibrating from her chest.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"I'll try to see if i can see what we have to deal with."

Using it's extradimensional perception, Tengoku no Gaka attempts to scry the kingdom of the wolf man, trying to see what it looks like and mainly what kinds of fortifications it has and where exeactly Maria is in it.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

She's swept off her feet, legs quickly adapting to the sudden change of movement, although just barely, by slipping their way through the market streets until finally coming to the bridge. Maria hastily shakes her head, and softens her gaze.

"No, no -- ! What I mean to say is -- you're like ... me. Not like -- " She gestures to her body with one hand. "--me, but... you understand what it's like to hide behind a mask."

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"I'll try to see if i can see what we have to deal with."

Using it's extradimensional perception, Tengoku no Gaka attempts to scry the kingdom of the wolf man, trying to see what it looks like and mainly what kinds of fortifications it has and where exeactly Maria is in it.
Your search has proves fruitless. For it highlights the entire country rather than a one location.

@MaidRips

Huff...Oh...huff...ok, ok! We are...we have arrived to my tent..huff...house. Maybe not the place you were just in, but it’s all I have.”

A white tent appears at the end of the bridge. Overlooking the waters and into the sunset, another cat mask laying on top of it.

“A-Alright, get it in!”

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"Believe me, I much prefer it... huff ...when I'm not locked up in a strange building I barely know."

Maria doesn't need to be told twice, ducking under and parting the flaps to fit her way inside, sitting herself down at long last. She wipes sweat from her brow.

"Y-You... will not believe the workout that preceded this..."

@MaidRips

“D-Do you want anything to eat? I don’t have much...save for some scraps of wolf meat someone paid me for a Bakeneko can!”

The tent is on the verge of collapsing. Sticks hold the tent from caving as yarn help thicken the walls. Within her palm, she holds a piece of meat. Hard to the touch and stale.

“Why did he bring you in a-and did you see a boy by any chance?! He always carries a little cat toy I gave him and...s-sorry. Manners first! Ahem..,M-My name is Ahimisa! Ahimisa...Frije-nonono! Hemingway!”

@Listentomyrhytm

CRACK BOOOOOM

“Hurry up! I’m getting old just waiting for you!”

Rushing into the building reveals an assortment of weapons, crossbows, books, runic armor and bombs. Enough to supply a large army! Tendrils flap in the center, connecting to the gold spire of a particular suit of armor however. One that looks like Venturo’s...

chk

Your source of light is extinguished as the doors behind you close shut. Within the darkness you can hear the clanking of metal. Whispers can be heard all around you...
Tsk... this place was dark, however. While he did not have any abilities that could release light itself... He did a series of hand signs, guiding himself merely by touch and muscle memory, as he tries to remember the positioning of the weapons to avoid harming them.

Fire Release! A short amount of fire would be released out of his mouth. Albeit this was a weak fire... mostly to try and illuminate his surroundings.

@Yobo_Blue

The painters looks back towards Anna, having gathered new info.

"Alright, so the ward causes information gathered about Frijed to be modified, as such you can only see the territory as a whole with scrying. Though, i've also detected that the ward isn't located inside the kingdom itself, but instead it's located in a Wizard School in the North Pole, which also acts as the hub for wormholes scattered across the planet."

It relays everything found.

@Yobo_Blue

The painters looks back towards Anna, having gathered new info.

"Alright, so the ward causes information gathered about Frijed to be modified, as such you can only see the territory as a whole with scrying. Though, i've also detected that the ward isn't located inside the kingdom itself, but instead it's located in a Wizard School in the North Pole, which also acts as the hub for wormholes scattered across the planet."

It relays everything found.
“Alrigh, should we go there first?”

I shapeshift into a set of seats meant to share the original's stability reforming my normal form in one seat. "I would like it if anyone who has empathy towards the disappearance of my brother speaks up." I mumble.

I shapeshift into a set of seats meant to share the original's stability reforming my normal form in one seat. "I would like it if anyone who has empathy towards the disappearance of my brother speaks up." I mumble.
Noah sits down.

"Well, I know that it is difficult to lose someone close to you, I myself have lost relatives, damn I do not know if I will see the few friends I have again, but despair will not return it, you have to be firm in your new situation and adapt, eventually you might find a way to get it back "

Maria takes notice of the state of the tent around her. It looks like it's seen better days. Her hands gently take the slab of meat. While she has to sustain her health, she chooses instead to push it towards hers, speaking earnestly. There's kindness in her eyes, and a voice that at least attempts to soothe her anxious mind.

"I've already eaten at the my campsite. I'd feel better if you had some yourself. You need it more than I do. Unfortunately, no... I haven't. But, I'll let you know if I see him. My name is Maria Chrysanthemum. In case you didn't hear that... introduction back at the balcony. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ahimisa."

Though she ponders something in her mind. Something that was itching at her since she interrupted her. She acts on it.

"You ... said something about the old world when I mentioned cartoons. Do you mean to say that -- there were a long time ago?"

@MaidRips

“Oh? My mother told of me of the old world growing up...with whatever we still had. Her ancestors stitched up old pieces of books left over to read for their children as a piece of history. Trying and...failing to piece it together...

A silence falls on you, before you can feel heavy breathing under the mask...

“Gah!”

Bompf

She throws a book onto the camp...

plob

...causing it to collapse.

Everything is in pieces in this world! Don’t you get it. I can’t be happy here! I can’t be happy alive without him, I just-”

sniff

Tears roll behind the mask. She grabs the meat, it’s shell cracking under her wrists.

phew

“....b-brought you here to be the proud symbol of Bakeneko waters! Those questions were just...me being unprofessional...”

Last edited:
"He was the only person who understood me. It was mostly my own fault. I'll admit becoming the immortal actor made very few people able to understand me. But he made it so I was never alone he sung me to sleep and helped me in my dreams. I had him as my only true friend for centuries and he saved my life several times times. He taught me so much. He was half of the person I was. I am going to have to force myself to sleep and deal with the nightmares of my misgiving alone. I relied on him to ground me. Let me remember who I was and been because the price I paid for my power was my sense of self. I likely have days at best before I go mad." I explain slowly.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Maria allowed her to run her course, let the tears flow. She reaches out her hand towards the book, but retracts it, letting her grieve. She looks conflicted. Thumbs playing against thumbs. What do you say to someone who's lost as much as she has? The longer she looks at her, the more she realizes how utterly broken she is. Then, she realizes that she can't help herself any longer. A hand gently presses itself onto her wrists, and she looks at her with an understanding gaze.

"It's not all broken ... As long as there are pieces, there's a chance they can be reconnected. I don't have anything tangible of what I've lost... but from pieces..."

She thinks incredibly hard about one of her fondest memories. A story she's heard a billion times, enough for her to completely memorize. Line for line, beat for beat, cue for cue. The experiences in her mind combine to form one complete projection; an illusion spell that dances across the interior of her tent. Her love for what people could do with mere drawings alone came in on full display. A splash of color bursting onto the otherwise dreary place. Images of two characters, a duck and a rabbit, arguing in front a tree, constantly snatching posters off of it.

"DUCK SEASON."

"RABBIT SEASON."

"DUCK SEASON."

"DUCK SEASON."

"DUCK SEASON! SHOO--"

Booomf--...

Then, a mouse carrying a magician's hat atop a cliff, commanding comets and the cosmos, rising the waters with just a wave of his hands. Majesty and spectacle illuminated every corner. She could see beautiful women in dresses ballroom dancing with their princes, abstract paintings and scenarios bouncing off the walls, heroic warriors transforming beyond what was feasibly possible...

"
ALLY TO GOOD. NIGHTMARE TO YOU."

Maria shut her eyes, completely conducting the display as the mouse did, movements even in tandem with him from time to time. This was what she loved. And though the world that spawned it was no longer within her grasp, it lived in her memories. Every image, every sound, every emotion... they lived on in her. Those silly little drawings that were her only companions through the endless loneliness that was her life before. She held onto them tightly. Their history, their character. It was all she had. Slowly, tears began to flow down her cheeks, showing weakness fully for what seemed like the first time in forever as the illusion ceased.

"It's not all gone.... It's never all gone.... So long as you remember."

Sniff

“Wow...”

She takes off her mask, revealing a visage of a pale girl. Her jaw agape at the spectacle...

rustle

Her hands rustle into a pocket within her robes. Pushing past the bottles of waters and taking a piece of paper out. Staring at it with a smile...

“You...you would have loved this. This is just like the tale’s we had. You used to pester me time and time again to read the damn things with you....”

Sniff

“...don’t think I’ve forgotten about you. I’m still here! Selling waters just to be closer to you...”

Her fingers caress the paper. It was a drawing of a child. A stick figure holding hands with a woman in a cat mask.

“W-Well I didn’t mean to get all sappy...”

Rubbing her eyes, her lips quiver open again.

“...a proud business woman like me shouldn’t be overtaken with such sorrow! It is time for action! Maria...would you become the representative of my company? J-Just sell my waters wherever you go! Here...”

Her palms give you a sack of waters. Each with a drawing of cat’s face on it, with the logo “Bakeneko!”

“It doesn’t matter what they give you. Just give it to them for something! W-When your done...can you give me the profit? Please? I-I promise you will see some too!”

"Please, I'll do it for no profit at all."

She slightly waves her hand in a bashful manner. Her digits were nearly done wiping her own tears off her cheeks. Her heart fluttered then. To think, she made someone happy the way they did for her all those years ago. But the feline was right. Now was the time for action. Her hand clenches the sack and she stands herself up, one hand placed upon her hip.

"In exchange for my services, perhaps you could give me some more information on how things work around here? I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes..."

@MaidRips

“A-Ah! It’s been a while since I’ve dabbled in politics...if I did you would see Bakeneko rule Frijed with an iron fist! Nyahahahaa...ahem..sorry.”

sigh

“You should be fine for the most part. It seems you are more than capable of taking care of yourself...especially if he allowed you to enter his “palace” in the first place! Just...don’t talk to the nobles...”

rustle rustle

Her hands move within her white dress, gifting you a cat statue from a tear.

“Here! Awarding it to the new proud Bakeneko representative! I humbly award you a statue...for good luck. Thank you and please...promise me you will be ok.”

"He was the only person who understood me. It was mostly my own fault. I'll admit becoming the immortal actor made very few people able to understand me. But he made it so I was never alone he sung me to sleep and helped me in my dreams. I had him as my only true friend for centuries and he saved my life several times times. He taught me so much. He was half of the person I was. I am going to have to force myself to sleep and deal with the nightmares of my misgiving alone. I relied on him to ground me. Let me remember who I was and been because the price I paid for my power was my sense of self. I likely have days at best before I go mad." I explain slowly.
"A-"

Noah tried to say something but he didn't know what to do about it, he tried to look for the positive side, but he couldn't find anything

"I should clarify mad means Depersonalization-derealization disorder in my natural desire to act to a very extreme degree." I say with a sad smile.

"Oh, your brother huh? I can exercise clairvoyance and attempt to find him." Jake states.

"I'm happy to hear it's not as complicated as the rules from my kingdom. But, I'll make a note of that. Nobles aren't typically the most pleasant to reason with. Mm...?"

The former heiress tilts her head inquisitively before looking upon the statue. It looks like an antique. She nods gently and takes it, tucking it away safely inside of her own dress, allowing it to reside deep within Hammerspace should she ever need it. If it truly was for good luck, it was likely that she'd need all the luck she could get. The blonde gives a slight wink, legs slightly spread apart in a cutesy pose position ... before growing a tad self conscious.

"Thank you. I promise I'll be fine. I've made it this far, haven't I? In any case, I'll make sure to bring glory to the Bakeneko name! Or ... something like that! "

Maria obtained the Cat Statue. Smells like tuna.

(Minor Supernatural Luck and Causality gained: Deny death its hold when most guaranteed)

“No. Power warps many and the desire to hold on to it more so.”

She grins back at Maria, giving her a wink and waving her hands.

“Nyahaha~That being said, the Bakeneko empire rises once more! No wolf well step on a cat’s tail and get away with it! Goodbye...and thank you. For everything. Oh! Where are my manners?!

Her arms attempt to lift the collapsed tent off Maria’s back, straining herself to provide her freedom from the blanket prison.

“Nya...I should invest in...agh...lighter cloth!”

Back