• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

(William's brother is seemingly in two locations mirroring the others movement both seem aware of the situation but unable to act on it. One in skull country and the other in sun land)

"While additional information would be nice, I don't think it's worth going after an entirely separate faction for."

Selene pointed out.

"If it comes to it, I could try to punch through the ward with my power, but that would probably also give us away."

"That could be an option, though opening an hole in the ward could prove useless if it regenerates as fast as you can pierce it or if it's not a shell but an area of effect."

Tengoku no Gaka points out.

"Peraphs we could just ask the wolf man for a 3v1 duel ?"

"While additional information would be nice, I don't think it's worth going after an entirely separate faction for."

Selene pointed out.

"If it comes to it, I could try to punch through the ward with my power, but that would probably also give us away."
“The point isn’t the element of surprise, it’s to know what we’re up against. I understand your concerns, but it’s not like we can’t do anything.“
@Overlord775
”I think no matter what, splitting up will be necessary”

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"You're very welcome...! And don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to afford some later!"

Bending over to slip underneath the tent, she felt somewhat ... more satisfied with herself than she did when in the king's clutches. She glanced at the bag in her hand, then at the villagers. Making business shouldn't be too hard. Thus, after crossing the bridge and making her way towards the market, she approached the folk, holding it's contents in the air. Clearing her throat, then announcing amongst the marketplace-goers...

"Bakeneko Waters...! Get them while they're fresh!"

"I doubt he'd agree to something like that. And my spears do impede things regenerating, so it might work even then, to cut off that one area from the ward. I can rain down many at once."

Selene noted.

"Maybe, but we'd need a way to keep in contact and coordinate if so."

@MaidRips

They take a glimpse at you...

thud thud

“What an ugly girl!”

...most picking up the pace away from, their eyes jolting around to avoid looking at you.

“Y-You! This is my market girl! I sell my brand of water...for a cheaper price and higher quality! Here.”

A man donning bandages over his head approaches you. Wearing robes covered in silt and hat adorned with masks. He grasps your palm, sneaking a few jewels in it.

“The pity business is filled with competition. You are a wise girl! Why serve that homeless hag? Instead, buy yourself something nice...trust me. This deal might save your life!”

A purple gem stares you down as he awaits your response.

All the remarks given to her only make her respond with a disgruntled sigh. It seemed she wasn't getting anywhere like this. She needed to change tactics. Then... he arrived, forcefully taking her palm and making a despicable offer she could absolutely refuse. A deadpan glare from the heiress. She looks down at the gems and holds her palm out for him to collect what he's offered. She stares him down with those golden hues, a commanding presence applied to a simple three words.

"Because it's decent."

It was clear to her that staying around him She jerks her palm away and in the next second -- she's disappeared.

Should he look around, he'd see nothing having changed except for a simple cylindrical booth with a scarlet curtain wrapped around it. A human leg extends out of it, displaying a fair amount of flexibility as it's lifted into the air, golden sandals attached to her feet.. A faint piano riff can be heard bouncing off the air as a tender, melodic voice follows. An almost haunting shift in the reality surrounding her can be felt.

"Dearest friends, dear gentlemen...
Listen to my song.....~
Life 'round here's been hard for you...
Life has made you strong....!
Let me lift the mood... with my attitude...~"

A hand swipes itself quickly out of the booth to pull on a string, allowing the curtains to fling itself upwards, revealing Maria, but having been drastically altered. Her skin is practically sparkling, fairies than before. An also notable change is her hair having changed to a raven-dark color, almost identical to that of the fur of the wolves. But the most significant of all is her clothes. She's outfitted with a short crimson top with a high-slit skirt, leaving much of her skin exposed, typical garb for a dancer. Maria gives a slight wink to the audience. Time to win over the crowd, she thinks.

artworks-000508315077-922yb3-t500x500.jpg

“Another mage?! When will you learn this market is not yours?! W-We...They signed a treaty for your own safety about this you fool!”

The merchant snaps his neck back and forth. Jolting his attention to the growing crowd of villagers filled with curiosity.

“PEOPLE! Welcome to the show! Please...take this complementary bottle of water as a token of gratitude from your hosts today! Made from the mysterious and enigmatic witch from the North by pouring the very sun into a bottle!”

Villagers crowd around him! He’s turned your own trick against you!

Rolling her eyes. Easily taken care of. Without even missing a beat, she snaps her fingers, creating a portable hole beneath his feet, closing in an instant. The other end would travel all the way to where the bridge lied, landing him safely, but intentionally far away from -- the performance. Smirking, a wooden plank would appear beneath her feet, connecting her to a main stage next to the booth. This time with something unmistakable. A newly made logo made in the silhouette of a feline, strikingly similar to that of Ahimisa, branded across the curtains of the stage as the woman struts across it, is such that the villagers know who this is for. Her feet move in rhythm, her hips sashaying from side to side, moving like the current of water. Fluid in their movements, and accompanied by two palms pressed against them. She displays confidence, supremacy, and most of all, grace.

"Hey, fellas...~
The time is right~
Get ready...~
Tonight's the night~!
Maybe what you're hoping for will come true!
Let me be good to you...~"

Hands in the air behind her head, hips gyrate to the beat. Each shimmy complete with it's own attitude, growing more flirtatious by the second. Then, her hand gives an outward wave, voice turning powerful, yet doting. The blonde turned ravenette is belting her notes like she's never done before. Meanwhile, beneath her feet, Avery pops out of thin air, materializing as she looks around and sees exactly what's going on -- then the sack of water containers. She catches up rather quickly. On a pedestal in front of her, she pecks the wood, carving out a sign spelling "SHE DANCES FOR MONEY. GET REFRESHMENTS HERE!" and plops the bag on top.

"You tough ones...

You're feeling all alone....
You rough guys....
The best of you merchants and bums...
All of my chums~"

Winking towards the audience once again. One-and-two. Her hips rock back and forth as Avery's fitted into a tuxedo, waving her cane towards the bag and tapping the pedestal for attention.

Last edited:
“Wha-AAAAA”

The villagers stop as they witnessed the merchant being banished into nothing...

“Heehee, alright that was funny. Take your waters elsewhere! Damn weasel...”

Gasp! W-Wow..even the merchants are in on it!”

“Shhh! Shut up already and look!”

“Ok, ok”

They took their eyes off of him and soon returned their full attention towards Maria.

“This show is for waters?! Ugh!”

“What are you complaining about?! Look at those hips! Where would you ever find such thickness around here?!”

“Nonono! It’s n-not that...my wife will kill me if she’s me watching this!”

“Hey come on now! Enough! Pay the woman so she can keep moving!”

More and more come. It seems you have attracted the entire square of people!

Whoosh whoosh

Bags of jewels begin to fly at your face! One smacking you in the eye!

“Innua! Come here! If I throw you at the girl, she’ll think we have nothing else to pay her with and give us a little dance for ourselves!”

“Wait no! GYAAAAAA”

Some of them with no other forms of payment, begin to throw themselves at you!

thump

A...small man flings to the air! Smacking you right in the face!

chk

It seems knives are an acceptable form of payment. One slashing right near your throat, missing your vitals by only a thread!

As the dance becomes more, for lack of a better term, dangerous, Maria only seems to smirk, as though she's been wanting to do something like this for a long while now. The Eyes Of Argus allow her to see the oncoming "threats" naturally. It's all a matter of making them look natural during the dance, something she's very much capable of doing. Immediately, as the bag of jewels come flying at her face, she practically dips herself backwards, hands pressed against the stage to support her as her leg flies upwards, such that the bag flies overhead. She spreads her arms, doing a sort of can-can set of high kicks, and -- performs the splits flawlessly to avoid the man flinging himself over her. And yet. She's hardly missing a beat!

"So, come on...
Give me some cheer~!
Get cozy...
Your baby's here~!
You won't be misunderstood~!
Let me be good to you~!"

She slinks back into the curtains for a moment. Only for them to open back up again, accompanied by two other backup dancers of the same species as the merchants - dolls, of course - but completely outfitted in pink and blue feathery Vegas-girls outfits, while Maria herself is dressed in the sparkling, dazzling ruby outfit previously worn by one Jessica Rabbit
, accompanied by sleek purple gloves, one of which she practically throws to the audience after it's slipped off.

"HEY, FELLAS...~!
I'LL TAKE OFF--"

FLIIIINNNG.... Wsshhh...

"...AAALLL MY BLUES~!
Hey, fellas....
There's nothing I won't do~
Just for you~"

Strutting down center stage as Avery perks herself up on her extended finger, the girl giving the avian a small kiss on the forehead, to which the other blushes and remains there. In case any other disruptions occur. Good thing the song only had one more verse remaining. Maria wouldn't say she was getting tired - rather the adrenaline rush that came with a performance and circumstances like this were amazing - but she could certainly do without the life-endangering bits. But at the same time, when hasn't she encountered a life-endangering situation lately? All she had to do was be ready.

It seems all the waters are already gone! Replaced with jewels, bread, weapons, and even children! The bakeneko brand has spread...

“....”

...They fall silent however. An eye dwarfing the crowd appears before you. It’s yellow gaze hooking onto your own as...something wearing the face of a hate jumps before you. It’s black color’s shimmering as he approaches you.

thump thump thump

I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t do all this.”

whoosh

He holds a map to your throat. His ceramic mask causing the sun to burn into you.

“There are many other places where you can take your business to. Places I don’t particularly care for...but I will give you them as a token of cooperation! Leave, and make profit within those areas!”

"So, dream on~!
And give me cheer~!
Get cozy....~!
Your baby's here...~!
Hey, boys, I'm talking to you~!
Your baby's gonna come through~!
Let me be good to you....~!"

She finally ends the performance, sliding on her knees as the music comes to a large halt, skidding a good meters in front of the man approaching. The woman perks her head upwards. dusting off her dress. Soon enough, she's back on her feet. Then, the map's brought to her throat, which she promptly takes. Golden hues still seem relaxed, casual even. Several portable holes open behind her, dragging all the goods into Hammerspace to remain safely tucked away. Oddly enough, she leaves the children. She's not ready to become a mother.

"Alright. I've gotten what I've came for. I mean, I wasn't going to do this bit eight times a week. Is this a Footloose situation where music is outlawed or something because of some tragic incident that happened involving--okay, I'll go now. They're not going to ask for more fanservice after this, you can be sure of that."

Patting the man's shoulder before she strolls back towards the path towards the bridge, swinging her hands back and forth as she hums the tune she's performed leisurely, making her way back to the feline companion. Strangely, the reality around the marketplace would shift back to it's normal state. As if her little number had never happened in the first place -- the world returning to it's hustle and bustle without a single halt. Whistling, she smirks, extremely proud of herself and her haul.

5a8.gif

Last edited:
“I-”

He freezes for a moment. Both him and his eye locking behind you.

“....”

thump thump

The villagers begin to mumble, shuffling among themselves away from you.

“H-He’s here!”

“Wh-What? Why? Did she do something wrong it was a-”

“I-It doesn’t matter! We have to leave! Those bodies didn’t get there by themselves!”

“Eugh...”

ssssssssss

Steam presses on your back. A bronze glow shading the few gleams of sunlight that pass through the silhouette!

“You’ve taken my word to heart.”

It was him.

@
East gang

Upon your marching East, you see another mech! Similar to the warrior before...

WHOOOOOSH!

The metal behemoth fires flames out of it’s rear! Charging towards you..

COMBAT ENGAGED: LOCK YOURSELVES WITHIN THE WIRES AND FIGHT!

Your own mech begins to fire a gust of air! Backing away from the attackers and waiting for your movements...

@East gang

WHOOOOOSH!

Your own mech begins to fire a gust of air! Backing away from the attackers and waiting for your movements...
Noah was scared by this unforeseen event, he was quickly forced to adopt a defensive posture.

"Shit" began to move to the left in an attempt to make a semicircle with both arms at the ready to the fight.

"This would be a good time to find out how I activate the weapons."

@East gang

WHOOOOOSH!

Well, it might not be much, but Jakob decided to cover all his weak spots with a forcefield with a quickly spoken spell.

Immediately, the flimsy, looseness of her body seems to fade away, and she takes a deep breath, collecting herself. Her posture becomes perfect and her shoulders become stiff. Turning around, lowering her head. Hands are clasped against each other, and her facial features have lost their cartoonish properties.

"Yes."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"I could do that with my telephaty depending on the range we go apart."

@Yobo_Blue

"You may do so if you wish."
Anna pops out of the dimension and into a secluded location in the real world, before taking off her mask

”Alright, breathe sis, breathe! Torei, what‘s the status on my vitals.”

Her armor directly responded to her command mentally, a short pause before responding

“Answer: High heart rate. Analysis: Non-life threatening. Query: Source of anxiety?”

”My friend just got kidnapped by an angry furry who can blow away mountains. That sort of power it’s... well, it’s beyond me as I am now. And the issue is, I don’t know what to do about it”

Anna thought back for a moment to the “truth“ revealed by Selene’s spear. It wasn’t anything she didn’t already know, but the memories came back the way they do when you’re reminded of a familar scent or noise. Flashes of her past came to her. Survival in the wilderness, a emblem burned into her back, but she shook her head, clearing her mind of the clutter, as she took a breath.

”Analysis: Your mind is scattered. Recommended Countermeasure: Focus on finding a solution to the predicament instead of hiding your distress”

”Ok, that’s fair. Look, it’s just I’m in unfamiliar territory. Not an unfamiliar situation, but the issue is that this is the first time I’m not alone here. I’m in survival mode”

”Recommended Response: Direct your distress as motivation to do what you need to do.”

”Ok, look, it’s just, ugh....”

Anna slumped by a tree, for a while, contemplat her situation. Finally, she got up, and tied her hair back. She didn’t really need to, as the armor held it back for her, but it was a habit of her, a hold over from when she was less well equipped. Her armor sprang back onto her as she began to get up

“You’re right, as usual. Alright, time to get stuff done”

Anna teleports back into the dimension

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Overlord775
”Alright guys, let’s get serious. I’ve got a few ideas but I want to make sure you’re all on board.”

Staggering back a bit. Her eyes linger on the gate for a moment or two, then she wordlessly follows, hands at her sides. Once again, he's displaying a glimpse of his inconceivable might, instilling fear within her heart. But it was bravery that gave her the courage to continue, and trust that whatever lied ahead wouldn't kill her. Right away, at the very least.

WHOOOOOOOOOSH CRACK

Sound breaks as winds smack repeatedly on your face! The air draining quickly draining heat from your body as snow crashes down on you. Hooking into your skin!

“You will stand here.”

He marches ahead of you. Moving and cutting through the blizzard with no effort.

snap

..Rustling is barely audible with the snapping of the wind. Whispers and mumble freeze to a halt as

whoosh

...a crackle of light bursts from your chest. A plane of runes beginning to burst forth from the ice and glow around you! Shooting their own lights onto yours, causing the sky to be filled with an azure gleam.

@
Frijed gang

Sparkles appear within the North Pole, igniting a singular mountain west.

Last edited:
Clenching her eyes ... Though somehow she doesn't seem affected by the lack of heat. Perhaps yet another side-effect of the powers embedded inside her. Until she's given the command to stay, she makes her way through the snow as best she can, pummeled by the breeze. But, there's still one thing she has to do. As he cuts through the frozen landscape, she thinks deeply within her mind, attempting to teleport all the goods collected (save the Cat Statue) to the tent where her feline friend resided. For she knew not whether their first meeting would be their last. At the very least, she could do one good thing for someone before her demise.

"Kuh..."

She presses her forearm over her eyes, blinded by the light of the runes. Maria takes a deep breath. She thinks over her long and perilous trek. How far she's come to get here. A sour taste is left in her mouth -- obtaining freedom only for it to be stripped from her again. But, during that time, she's become so much more than what she was molded to be. Perhaps she could find comfort in that in her last moments. Bravely, defaulting in a stilled stance, she turns her head down, gently lowering her arm. Accepting her fate.

@Yobo_Blue

"I see, so please do tell us what you have in mind then."

The painter replies.
“Way I see it we have three options. We can try and attack head on without any knowledge, send someone to destroy the ward and attack the wizard school head on and use our high speed information analysis capabilities to do quick recon and use that to our advantage, or we do the same, only using stealth instead of force to destroy the ward.”

@Yobo_Blue @The_Divine_Phoenix

The painter's eyes open wide open.

"!!! I found her ! North Pole !"

He exclaims, as he utilizes the Brushblade to open a moderatelly big portal in front of himself as the Truth Seeking Orbs form behind him, immidiatly lunging into it with it's other hand.

@MaidRips

A familiar-looking squary portal opens up right next to Maria, from which a familiar-looking white and red person partially comes out and attempts to pull her into it, while black orbs also exit and form layers of barrier around the both of them.

@Yobo_Blue @The_Divine_Phoenix

The painter's eyes open wide open.

"!!! I found her ! North Pole !"

He exclaims, as he utilizes the Brushblade to open a moderatelly big portal in front of himself as the Truth Seeking Orbs form behind him, immidiatly lunging into it with it's other hand.

@MaidRips

A familiar-looking squary portal opens up right next to Maria, from which a familiar-looking white and red person partially comes out and attempts to pull her into it, while black orbs also exit and form layers of barrier around the both of them.
“Well, that’s makes things a lot easier. We can deal with the ward later.”

@Overlord775

A hand grabs onto your arm,but it wasn’t Maria’s...

CRACK

...and whoever grabbing you quickly pulls you away from your dimension. Crackles of lighting can be heard before you are pulled into a palace within the blink of an eye! The path behind you sealed shut. Your orbs being pushed away as information rewrites their possible trajectories back onto you.

“....”

The palace you see gleams with pearly white colors. Towers of blood carrying the bodies of men adorned in hue covered steel and eyes can be seen within the horizon. Their gore diced into cubic shapes and forced to suspend int the air.

thump thump thump

Footsteps quake the floors! Sparks can be heard as a circular void worn by a fist crashes down at you. Six fold your own reaction speed.

"Ohno"

Thanks to being a Six-Path Sage, the Truth Seeking's effect doesn't work on it, so the orbs simply wash over Tengoku no Gaka and reform as a barrier centimeters higher than itself to attempt stop the fist, reinforced with everything he has, including warp, reshi and heart.

At the same time, the painter creates a spatial distortion directly behind itself to teleport far high into the air of the realm to create distace betweet it and the attacker.

[Speed amped to cap thanks to X-Blade]

Last edited:
“....”

It was him. The king.

whoosh

His strike misses! However it seems he has planned for this...

Hisssss

...Steam clouds the palace, making normal vision impossible! You can feel the gusts of air encroach on you as his speed reacts to yours. Warping his own information to make him five fold faster than you!

CRACK

Your teleportation barely succeeds. Only lifting you inches off the ground...far less than what is needed to save you.

BOOOM!

The barriers created are too weak to contain his strength! Being annihilated by the missed blow’s shockwaves!

The walls around you begin to encroach and warp. Shortening the space you have to run. Your own time slows as his fists come crashing down on you once again!

woosh

This time it would not be fled from. An aura of flame forms around Tangeku.

Last edited:
Clenching her eyes ... Though somehow she doesn't seem affected by the lack of heat. Perhaps yet another side-effect of the powers embedded inside her. Until she's given the command to stay, she makes her way through the snow as best she can, pummeled by the breeze. But, there's still one thing she has to do. As he cuts through the frozen landscape, she thinks deeply within her mind, attempting to teleport all the goods collected (save the Cat Statue) to the tent where her feline friend resided. For she knew not whether their first meeting would be their last. At the very least, she could do one good thing for someone before her demise.

"Kuh..."

She presses her forearm over her eyes, blinded by the light of the runes. Maria takes a deep breath. She thinks over her long and perilous trek. How far she's come to get here. A sour taste is left in her mouth -- obtaining freedom only for it to be stripped from her again. But, during that time, she's become so much more than what she was molded to be. Perhaps she could find comfort in that in her last moments. Bravely, defaulting in a stilled stance, she turns her head down, gently lowering her arm. Accepting her fate.
Anna pulls in through a portal, the painter having tipped her off to her location. Anna teleports straight there into Maria, before grabbing her and carrying her out, teleporting back to the dimension

”Yo, it’s been a bit!”

@MaidRips

(Just in case, I already did my action a long time ago, I don't know if you've noticed it, but I'm still looking for a way to activate the weapons)

Back