• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cross Verse Scaling Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Amakasu is still a part of the actual verse though, these characters here are completely unrelated.
Amakasu IS NOT part of the verse. He's from Senshinkan, Rein is from Shinza Bansho. 2 totally different and unrelated series.

I am not accepting this after reconsidering. We should probably close this thread.

Considering Ryukama was a heavy advocate for cross scaling through authors with Tatsumaki and Mob, his input would be more helpful then mine.

I could accept the comparison if there was a High 6-B Feat that was close to 6-A and Nakaba himself said directly Meliodas is stronger than Full Powered Kango Banchou

But at the moment, it's completely baseless

And now even have top tiers below True Magic Mel and Hawk Mama being "At least High 6-B", so the AP gap between that and Kongou isn't large anymore.

The argument being vague, an off comment, and possibly not serious plus all the other arguments I said like both verses having a different power system is why I disagree with the cross scaling, Kongo Banchou could have been only 7-B and Nakaba makes the comparison, and everyone would disagree with scaling him to the verse, point being that the only basis for the argument is that people want stronger characters, which just isn't legitemate argument

I would still agree. I don't care about whether or not they are higher or lower. I only care about the fact that one verse has something accepted for similar reasons while the other isn't because it's "a joke".

The only argument for it being a joke is that Nakaba said "lol"... something he already does even on his serious answers.

If Mob and Tatsumaki are scale because of WoG despite there being ABSOLUTELY no one on MP100 that is even close to Tatsumaki's tier, what's even the problem with this?

Don't just boil down my argument into because it's a joke, my issue is

• The verses have a completely different setting
  • The verses have completely different power systems and both don't use power levels
  • There's no supporting feat even close to 6-A, the closest feat is 50x weaker
  • The statement doesn't directly compare 2 characters
  • The statement also seemed like an off comment and could be not serious
  • The statement of immeasurable power levels is very vague and just silly, how can a number be immeasurable
  • No one has a confirmed power level close or over 400,000

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
The argument being vague, an off comment, and possibly not serious plus all the other arguments I said like both verses having a different power system is why I disagree with the cross scaling, Kongo Banchou could have been only 7-B and Nakaba makes the comparison, and everyone would disagree with scaling him to the verse, point being that the only basis for the argument is that people want stronger characters, which just isn't legitemate argument
I agree with this. It is far too unreliable, and arguing back and forth over this is only going to waste our time.

@Mitch

I can't speak for others, but if Kongou was only 7-B and Nakaba said this same thing, that would make me drastically question NNT's ratings, not the other way around.

Anyway, I'm fairly neutral here. Ant is very against it though.

Yeah, but no one has Tier 2 feats in NNT, no one has been said to have infinite power in the series either barring Merlin's Magic

The immeasurable statement is clearly Hyperbole, Hawk Mama isn't even technically a character

@Demon Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man are also completely different verses.

Same as above they don't have similar power systems.

There is literally a huge unknown between Mael and the god tiers. All of them currently upscale via multipliers because they have nothing else to scale to. And the difference between ???% Mob's best feat and Tatsumaki's casual feat is much larger than this.

He gave a rough estimate on how strong his characters are compared to each other. Statements don't need to be direct all the time. If I remember correctly some comic verses like DC and Marvel use author statements that are implied but not directly stated.

This one honestly makes no sense as it's consistent with in-universe statements.

Haju literally has an immeasurable taikyoku in a verse where the highest was only 100.

Hawk Mama the strongest character in the verse is literally confirmed to be stronger than True Magic Meliodas who surpasses all other characters in the verse and has a power lvl that can't be measured (Meaning Immeasurable).

• The verses have a completely different setting
Didn't stop Mob and Tatsumaki.

• The verses have completely different power systems and both don't use power levels
Didn't stop Rein an Amakasu.

• There's no supporting feat even close to 6-A, the closest feat is 50x weaker
Assault Mode Mel is "At least High 6-B" while being weaker than his True Magic self anyways.

• The statement doesn't directly compare 2 characters
Why would it need too? Hawk Mama's power is immeasurable, that puts it above literally any other power level, which would include 400k.

• The statement also seemed like an off comment and could be not serious
Why it isn't serious? He also answers with "lol" on his serious repplies.

• The statement of immeasurable power levels is very vague and just silly, how can a number be immeasurable
It's not vague at all, he pretty literally says Hawk Mama's power can't be measured, and an amount can be immeasurable.

• No one has a confirmed power level close or over 400,000
Which is why only Hawk Mama and True Magic Mel scale.

Several wrongs do not make a right, and, as Mitch explained, this seems considerably more unreliable than the scaling between Mob and Tatsumaki in the first place.

This is wasting my time and energy and is not going to be accepted. We should close this.

Can somebody just call Ryukama here and see what he thinks. He's the one who got the Mob and Tatsumaki scaling accepted on the MP100 and OPM cross scaling thread after a huge debate in the first place.

Ryukama adamantly argued for allowing the scaling between Tatsumaki and Mob whereas I strongly disagreed, and since I was extremely busy with other tasks, I eventually had to give up, even though I knew that it would set a bad precedent and be used for unreliable upgrades by members who care more about high statistics than reliability.

Regardless, this is a less reliable situation than the previous one, and the next time the reasons will be even worse, and so onwards, which is exactly why I always want to avoid these kinds of precedents in the first place.

If you wish, but this is an even less reliable case.

BurlapJack said:
Antvasima said:
If you wish, but this is an even less reliable case.
It's unreliable until we get confirmation on who in NNT is at or above 400k, if we find out, we can reconsider. Yes?
well Hawk mama number was too high if it was 400k nabaka would've said soo. so she and meliodas are above that at max power and neither scale to each other i mean they dont scale to the others since full power true magic meliodas>DK

I'm against this scaling. NNT is only close to 6-A because of multipliers and this seems to be based on a vague explanation.

Kongou isn't being compared with any character and the immesurable rating is based on a very vague answer, like the author just giving that to clean his hands off the subject. And scaling these characters to another character from a different verse with a much higher feat.

Other cases doing this should be questioned as well, instead of saying that every cross verse scaling should be legit. If OPM-MP100 scaling has to he questioned for this very same reason, so be it. Two wrongs don't make a right. Otherwise I'd look for an old statement about Whitebeard and would scale him to ******* Namek SSJ Goku because both authors thought they are equal in raw power. A much more extreme case but considering the precedents discussed here it would be legit.

tbh i feel this got this far cuz kongo brancho is also our real planet .. same as NNT only difference is , is ERA/location

The Calaca said:
Other cases doing this should be questioned as well, instead of saying that every cross verse scaling should be legit. If OPM-MP100 scaling has to he questioned for this very same reason, so be it. Two wrongs don't make a right.
That sounds fair, I'll make the thread for it tomorrow, it's over midnight here and I don't want to get into lenghty discussions at this hour.

I strongly agree with Calaca. Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back