• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cross Verse Scaling Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also uneasy with scaling from Kongou Bancho, rather than from in-universe feats. Even with a single same author, they usually haven't closely examined the exact energy outputs for the different characters.

I'm just going to quote Peter as why it should be used, and also we have to take into account than even a weaker a form of Meliodas than the one that's going to scale to 6-A is already High 6-B.

Peter1129 said:
1. I agree there's no comparable feats but ???% Mob and Tatsumaki was accepted without comparable feats as well. Mob just had a ridiculously casual 7-B feat via existing and casually defeated High 7-Cs. NNT just had a lot like a lot of stomps, one shots and multipliers scaling up from Tarmiel who performed a High 6-C feat rather causally. As well as a few passively destroying the world overtime via existing statements for the god tiers.

2. We do have confirmed power lvls for Hawk Mama which is immeasurable. And True Magic Meliodas was stated to be approaching immeasurable power lvl territory.

3. We have direct implications though. His q&a about Hawk Mama had him straight up saying her power lvl can't be measured and is above True Magic Meliodas who has surpassed Demon King the character that was originally thought to be the strongest in the series.

4. He merely said it might be higher it doesn't mean it's much higher than 400k. Otherwise he could've just said 500k. He's likely just saying it could be a bit higher than 400k like 420k. And it's also likely not high to the point where it can't be measured like Hawk Mama. If it was he would've just said it can't be measured like he did with Hawk Mama. Nakaba's intent here is pretty clear. Kongou is really strong but he considers Hawk Mama to be above him.

Well, given that the NNT top-tiers are already scaled as "At least High 6-B", I suppose that scaling them to 6-A from Kongou Bancho instead does seem to make sense. I am just worried about that it will set a bad precedent for other fictions.

I am more concerned about that our members will try to apply it to crossovers in general, but fair point. I suppose that this particular case doesn't seem harmful.

Question

If True Magic Mel becomes 6A, wouldn't we downscale other characters from there off multipliers?

He's much stronger sure but he's only slightly stronger then the 100% Demon King, downscaling begins from there unless we ignore that

That's indeed problematic. Given none of them even have canonical power levels, I think it's safer if we just ignore that, only True Magic Meliodas and Hawk Mama would be above Kongou's 400k unless the rest are given numbers above that.

I don't think it was ever stated that Meliodas is only slightly stronger than 100% Demon King. They only said he surpassed the Demon King.

Also I don't think anybody even fully scales to 100% Demon King most just downscales. Even The One Ultimate Escanor was only physically stronger than him. Demon King Britannia who also has 100% of the Demon King's power just like Demon King Zeldris was able to pin down The One Ultimate Escanor with magic.

Still completely against cross scaling, this feat scales 10x above what we currently scale the God Tiers to, and the only reason said God tiers are on that level is because of multipliers, there's no feat even close to 6-A in NNT, so no I don't agree with scaling the 2 verses just so we can have the characters be stronger

This shouldn't even be taken seriously, Nakaba said Kongou Banchou would have a power level of 400,000, which makes no sense, since Kongou Banchou doesn't have the same power system in place as seven deadly sins, Power Levels in Seven Deadly Sins have a Magic stat, a physical stat, and a willpower stat, Kongou Banchou doesn't even have magic, so how the hell can we just compare the 2 off of an off comment

This is completely ridiculous

Peter1129 said:
Also I don't think anybody even fully scales to 100% Demon King most just downscales. Even The One Ultimate Escanor was only physically stronger than him. Demon King Britannia who also has 100% of the Demon King's power just like Demon King Zeldris was able to pin down The One Ultimate Escanor with magic.
Pinning down someone is not AP related, it's lifting strength so using that as an Anti Feat doesn't really work

If Escanor is in fact physically stronger, others will downscale from there.

Looking at their current profiles, the only reasons I'm kinda okay with this are because it's the same author and their current stats are really not far away at all from Kongou.

Like Ion said this causes a massive change in the scaling if Multipliers are used because we are forced to downscale.

I mean Deri and Monspeet are equals even though one is much stronger physically while the other is much stronger in magic. Same with Ban and King. So just because DK is stronger in magic doesn't mean Escanor isn't on his level.

Now I think Cross Verse scaling should be used if the answer is clear and they aren't far apart

Problem is, this causes a massive shift in scaling, unlike OPM And Mob which affect like....5 characters?

@Sigurd

Thank You, god, a voice of reason who isn't just agreeing so we can have 6-A Meliodas

The comment of power levels wasn't even a direct comparison between 2 characters

Nobody scales to True Magic Meliodas or Hawk Mama though.

True Magic Meliodas is a character who was stated several times to have surpassed 100% Demon King. Hawk Mama is even more powerful than him and is the sealed form of a character that is probably planet level.

HyperZero95 said:
I mean Deri and Monspeet are equals even though one is much stronger physically while the other is much stronger in magic. Same with Ban and King. So just because DK is stronger in magic doesn't mean Escanor isn't on his level.
Worse yet we scale people to physical strength here, both through AP and durability

^I think I remember NNT being the real world, just before the magic realms were divided from it. Kongou Banchou is the real world, but in more modern times.

Literally this:

Nobody scales to True Magic Meliodas or Hawk Mama though.

True Magic Meliodas is a character who was stated several times to have surpassed 100% Demon King. Hawk Mama is even more powerful than him and is the sealed form of a character that is probably planet level.

Only 2 characters scale, both God Tiers above everyone else in the verse.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
^I think I remember NNT being the real world, just before the magic realms were divided from it. Kongou Banchou is the real world, but in more modern times.
So you're saying NNT is the past and Kongo is the future or something? Confused.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
I am pretty sure NNT and Kongou Banchou are completely different worlds just like One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100. They just have the same author.

That doesn't make it right^

This cross scaling is completely baseless between completely different verses, it has no supporting evidence besides 2 off comments that could very well be not serious

Not only do we have no confirmed power levels, but I'm 100% scaling the verses together

@Demon I could understand arguments about them not being the same series and because the feats are much higher or lower but are you really saying two comments about Hawk Mama being the strongest in the series with an immeasurable power level isn't serious even after we just learned that Chaos, Hawk Mama's True Form is potentially 5-B?

Never mind then. I think that Mitch makes sense. Offhanded comments should not be seen as official truths about unrelated series with completely different hierarchy systems.

Sorry about being unreliable here. I am very tired and busy.

ONE said literally in a serious fully explained comment that a full powered Mob fights evenly with Tatsumaki

You keep using vague statements that literally have a laugh in them and there is no comparable feat, literally you guys are just doing this for 6-A Meliodas, there is no justification at all for scaling 2 completely unrelated verses, they don't have a similar power system or similar characters

This is completely baseless and I can't believe people are accepting this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back