• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cross Verse Scaling Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah this again. So in this thread the cross verse scaling between Tatsumaki and ???% Mob was brought up and contested again after cross verse scaling Kongou Banchou to Hawk Mama and True Magic Meliodas was rejected. So I guess in this thread we will need to discuss the standards of cross verse scaling and when it is usable again. Here is the Nanatsu no Taizai cross verse scaling in question.

So in chapter 334's q&a Nakaba said this

Q374: (Akasaka-san from Gifu Prefecture) What is Kongou Banchou's power level?
A: Around 400,000, I guess. (laughes) No, perhaps more than that.

And this is what he said in the Escanor Gaiden q&as

Q361: (Endou-san) What is Hawk Mama's power level?
A: It isn't measurable.

Q362: (Senda-san from Okayama Prefecture): What is Meliodas' power level now?
A: He should be getting closer and closer to Hawk Mama.

Doesn't sound like one to me. He answered the question by giving a rough estimate before saying it could potentially be higher. Which means it's still a measurable number unlike Hawk Mama who he straight up just said it's not measurable.

I don't like using cross scaling here, no one has a numerical power level over 201,000 and this statement seems very vague, not to mentiomn the highest actual feat is High 6-C, so just scaling them to 6-A off of another series with a vague statement feels like an outlier and it is likely wrong

It would make him God tier in NNT standards, I'd be more ok with 6-A if there was a supporting feat or a direct statement of meliodas being stronger

There is nothing about the statement, he asked what Akira's PL woul be in NNT and he flat out said 400,000

God tiers would scale to around High 6-B due to scacling stacking and multipliers so 6-A is not that big of a reach.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
It would make him God tier in NNT standards, I'd be more ok with 6-A if there was a supporting feat or a direct statement of meliodas being stronger
I mean ???% Mob became High 6-C thanks to the author statement even though his best feat was a super casual 7-B. Hawk Mama and True Magic scale far above everybody in the verse who are capable of casually one shotting characters far far stronger than the High 6-C calc. And the god tiers like 50% Demon King have statements and actual feats of passively destroying the world overtime by existing.

I dont really agree with the cross scaling on this case. The quote almost seems like Nakaba isnt taking it too seriously, and its too vague. If he had given a better explanation i might have a different opinion.

I agree with cross scaling here

6-A like zero said isn't out of reach here and there is nothing suggesting that even 50% gods and true magic Mel AND hawk mama being under 500k let alone a mere 400k looking at what ludo did to the sinner who should have at least been 340k

I am neutral on cross verse scaling for now. I would be more supportive of a 6-A rating if MX3's calculation was accepted.

I agree with cross scaling here. His comment regarding Kongou does sound like a joke, but also both the Mel and Hawk Mama ones sound like jokes, so I assume if we take the last two as legit, then we should also do the same with the Kongou one.

Those aren't joke answers. This is what a joke answer from Nakaba looks like.

(Q3): What would happen if Meliodas and Elizabeth were to become one?

-Elizabeth: Be… become…? E… err… what do you mean by that?

-Gowther: What would happen if they became one? In other words, what would be made if they engaged in pleasures of the flesh?

-Meliodas/Elizabeth: ! / [embarrassed face]

-Meliodas: Wanna become one with me?

-Elizabeth: Geeeez, I don't know!!

Also Nakaba has laughed while answering questions without a joke before. So him laughing doesn't mean the answer is a joke.

SA(Q18): Does Meliodas style his hair or is it natural?

-Of the male characters in Nanatsu no Taizai, only Gilthunder and Howzer style their hair lol.

211.5(Q214): Why did you choose to make Meliodas a young man?

-Would he have been better off as an old fart? Lol.

SA(Q57): What kind of Sins merchandise do you personally want made?

-A shochu called 'Wrath' or 'Greed' maybe lol. That's not merchandise.

I could understand if you guys disagree with the cross verse scaling because there aren't any feats that high in NNT. But disagreeing because you think the answer is a joke. Really?

I'll repost why I'm against Cross Scaling

just don't like that Cross Scaling is based purely on a vague answer to a question about another verse

1. There is no other comparable feat

2. We don't have confirmed power levels

3. We don't have a direct comparison between 2 characters

4. Nakaba implies that Akira's power level could be even higher

There just isn't enough evidence to cross scale

And I'll answer the question again than.

1. I agree there's no comparable feats but ???% Mob and Tatsumaki was accepted without comparable feats as well. Mob just had a ridiculously casual 7-B feat via existing and casually defeated High 7-Cs. NNT just had a lot like a lot of stomps, one shots and multipliers scaling up from Tarmiel who performed a High 6-C feat rather causally. As well as a few passively destroying the world overtime via existing statements for the god tiers.

2. We do have confirmed power lvls for Hawk Mama which is immeasurable. And True Magic Meliodas was stated to be approaching immeasurable power lvl territory.

3. We have direct implications though. His q&a about Hawk Mama had him straight up saying her power lvl can't be measured and is above True Magic Meliodas who has surpassed Demon King the character that was originally thought to be the strongest in the series.

4. He merely said it might be higher it doesn't mean it's much higher than 400k. Otherwise he could've just said 500k. He's likely just saying it could be a bit higher than 400k like 420k. And it's also likely not high to the point where it can't be measured like Hawk Mama. If it was he would've just said it can't be measured like he did with Hawk Mama. Nakaba's intent here is pretty clear. Kongou is really strong but he considers Hawk Mama to be above him.

Yeah, 400k puts Kongou above everyone on the verse bar Hawk Mama (who's immeasurable) and True Magic Meliodas (who's close to Hawk Mama). Basically, only those two should scale to Kongou.

It's not just the power level thing, it's an Outlier and It doesn't have any supporting evidence, point being I still disagree with scaling Mel and Hawk Mama to 6-A, for all we know, Nakaba could have been talking about Base Akira, which is likely not true, but it just adds more doubt

I just don't like scaling a bunch of charcaters to another based off of a vague question

Especially when we don't have confirmed other power levels or feats that are on the same tier

Burlap, Demon isn't saying the god tiers aren't above 400k. He just doesn't really like using power lvls and he's saying 6-A for the god tiers is an outlier. Which is understandable since currently the god tiers are only around 6-B to High 6-B while the feat Akira scales to is 6-A+. And after thinking about it for a while I think it's better to wait for M3X to finish calcing stuff like Mael's cloud dispersion first. If it boost the tier for the god tiers a bit more than outlier likely wouldn't be a thing anymore. Though I am pretty sure even with the Mael calc it would still be lower than Akira's feat by quite a bit since I really don't see Mael's calc being higher than 6-B.

I could totally get behind the "Nakaba is joking" argument, but saying he is being vague it's clearly not what's happening. He gave of a number that is way above any other number given in the series, we have no reason to assume anyone else in the cast reaches Kongou's 400k, but True Magic Meliodas would due to being close to Hawk Mama's immeasurable.

How can you even be close to immeasurable, that's impossible, it's basically an asymptote

That's why Meliodas's power is vague in context of power levels, he's not immeasurable but close to it... that doesn't make any sense

It just basically means that True Magic Meliodas is superior to all others except Hawk Mama's power. It isn't vague.

Well technically Nakaba said Hawk Mama's power lvl can't be measured rather than immeasurable. And immeasurable merely means too large, extensive, or extreme to measure rather than something like borderline infinite. It's still a number but it's just really big.

I think that he was joking about Hawk Mama.

In any case, I am uneasy with cross-verse scaling, even when the same author is involved, as he or she usually hasn't seriously evaluated exactly how powerful the characters are based on their feats.

Hawk Mama is the Mother of Chaos in the lore of the verse which is a God on the level of the Demon King or Supreme Deity. It may very well not be a joke, but given that the current arc will likely go into some more detail in this area we might get to know some more information on the exact scaling.

Now that Assault Mode Meliodas, who's much weaker than his True Magic self, has been accepted as High 6-B, is this acceptable?

So, so far we have:

Agree with scaling to Kongou: Peter1129 (obviously), ZERO7772, BurlapJack, and I

Disagree with scaling to Kongou: DemonGodMitchAubin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back