• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Picsart_23-01-21_15-56-10-373.jpg

Crocodile vs Suigetsu

•Speed Equal

Crocodile:
Suigetsu:
Inconclusive:

Despite my name and image might lead you with the ideia that im bias i will just say im trying to be as fair as possible.

This seems like a mismatch i mean crocodile weakness is water, sure Crocodile might have advantage in terms of destructive power but he doesnt have an actual way to deal with Suigetsu since Haki shouldnt work on Suigetsu.
lB2FqjsMWjE2CUDmOJt-CQQckgwBaxPbVJ72w0ybZJI.png

If Suigetsu makes a bubble around Crocodile just like he did to Juugo, Crocodile wont even be able to use any of his powers and as far as we know a fruit user cant even use haki under water.

And considering the location you gave has a lot of water Tate eboshi could completely drown crocodile.

Despite my name and image might lead you with the ideia that im bias i will just say im trying to be as fair as possible.

This seems like a mismatch i mean crocodile weakness is water, sure Crocodile might have advantage in terms of destructive power but he doesnt have an actual way to deal with Suigetsu since Haki shouldnt work on Suigetsu.
lB2FqjsMWjE2CUDmOJt-CQQckgwBaxPbVJ72w0ybZJI.png

If Suigetsu makes a bubble around Crocodile just like he did to Juugo, Crocodile wont even be able to use any of his powers and as far as we know a fruit user cant even use haki under water.

And considering the location you gave has a lot of water Tate eboshi could completely drown crocodile.
Matchup made think a bit since I noticed Crocodile had higher AP so I got to wondering if Crocodile could ovencompensate his weakness due to better stats and Suigetsu not being an absolute weakness.

For the water thing, only Sea Water stops the use of powers, other forms of water they just can't swim in as DFs make you lose the ability to swim, but it does not nullify the abilities of a DF. Crocodile does have his water draining ability too, but I do agree Suigetsu still has an advantage.

You think the same result would appear with speed unequal because Crocodile is quite a bit faster.

Last edited:
I dont think he can Luffy was very much weaker than Crocodile in AP at that point but just a few drops of blood were enough to hurt crocodile badly.
Didnt Oda said in a SBS that by water he means anything really?
image.png

And he even specifically states that Crocodile's case is even worse since usually only standing water takes his powers away but for crocodile even just a water ballon could work.

As far as i saw the drainning only works if he is touching luffy or in this case Suigetsu and a punching doesnt do it he needs to grab Suigetsu for at least a few seconds, which would be really hard as Suigetsu is a much better fighter in close combat and he could just release water somehow and stop Crocodile's powers from working. Anyways Suigetsu has stealth mastery so he is not really going head on to begin with he would very likely just summon mist and attack from behind.

I really dont understand how is Crocodile even FTL in VSB it seems way to much but if the speed wasnt equalized Crocodile could easily grab Suigetsu and drain his water blitzing Suigetsu.

As far as i saw the drainning only works if he is touching luffy or in this case Suigetsu and a punching doesnt do it he needs to grab Suigetsu for at least a few seconds
Croc can absorb water in contact with his right hand instantly. If any water touches his hand, it is absorbed.

Croc can absorb water in contact with his right hand instantly. If any water touches his hand, it is absorbed.
Instantly is an overstatement also he cant actually do that his powers get null as soon as water touches his body he can drain the water that was inside Luffy's body as he should be able to as long as its inside something but only water would just cancel his powers

Instantly is an overstatement also he cant actually do that his powers get null as soon as water touches his body he can drain the water that was inside Luffy's body as he should be able to as long as its inside something but only water would just cancel his powers
Only his ability to enter into his logia body is nullified when he's wet, he can still use his dehydration power directly against water:
2Nor4TS.png
x3PhGXy.png

Only his ability to enter into his logia body is nullified when he's wet, he can still use his dehydration power directly against water:
2Nor4TS.png
x3PhGXy.png
Still wouldnt work one of Suigetsu's most powerful jutsu is water pistol that should be faster than Crocodile can move since speed is equalized

Still wouldnt work one of Suigetsu's most powerful jutsu is water pistol that should be faster than Crocodile can move since speed is equalized
And all that would do is make his body tangible, City level AP isn't enough to harm him. And while their speed is equalized Crocodile's reaction speed still scales far higher than his combat speed so he'd still be able to absorb the attack.

And all that would do is make his body tangible, City level AP isn't enough to harm him. And while their speed is equalized Crocodile's reaction speed still scales far higher than his combat speed so he'd still be able to absorb the attack.
Crocodile's resistant is meaningless because of the water and a proff of that is Luffy only becoming city level in skypia much later than their fight.
For speed
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

This comes from the rules on speed equalization of VSB wiki so Crocodile reaction is reduced too. So no he wouldnt be able to react to water pistol

Crocodile's resistant is meaningless because of the water and a proff of that is Luffy only becoming city level in skypia much later than their fight.
I don't know what you mean here, all the water does is nullify Crocodile's ability to turn intangible it doesn't effect his durability or anything else like that.
For speed
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

This comes from the rules on speed equalization of VSB wiki so Crocodile reaction is reduced too. So no he wouldnt be able to react to water pistol
I didn't deny it being reduced by speed equal only that it still scales far higher than Crocodile's combat speed which is equal to Suigetsu in this match, Crocodile's reaction speed via the speed equal rules scales 9 times higher than his combat speed. So unless you can prove Suigetsu's water pistol is 9 times faster than his base (Which his profile doesn't state) then Crocodile would absolutely be able to react to it.

I don't know what you mean here, all the water does is nullify Crocodile's ability to turn intangible it doesn't effect his durability or anything else like that.
If it doesnt then City level attacks can hurt Crocodile since as i said Luffy did defeat Crocodile and on his profile he wasnt even city until skypia
I didn't deny it being reduced by speed equal only that it still scales far higher than Crocodile's combat speed which is equal to Suigetsu in this match, Crocodile's reaction speed via the speed equal rules scales 9 times higher than his combat speed. So unless you can prove Suigetsu's water pistol is 9 times faster than his base (Which his profile doesn't state) then Crocodile would absolutely be able to react to it.
Without movement speed his reaction is just knowing the water bullet is coming the same way it happened against juzo he saw juzo coming but he wasnt even able to properly protects himself
560.jpg

As for the water bullet no one ever managed to react to one not really Gaara barely managed to react to gengetsu keep in mind that Gengetsu can only use one while Suigetsu can make a double pistol

If it doesnt then City level attacks can hurt Crocodile since as i said Luffy did defeat Crocodile and on his profile he wasnt even city until skypia
That was 7-C Crocodile, you're using his second key.
Without movement speed his reaction is just knowing the water bullet is coming the same way it happened against juzo he saw juzo coming but he wasnt even able to properly protects himself
560.jpg

As for the water bullet no one ever managed to react to one not really Gaara barely managed to react to gengetsu keep in mind that Gengetsu can only use one while Suigetsu can make a double pistol
What you're referring to is perception speed, not reaction speed. Jozu attacked him when his back was turned, the action Crocodile took by reacting to Jozu was turning around to face him and attempting to put his arms up while Jozu was moving at FTL speeds

Well nothing on the profile suggests it's over 9 times faster than his regular combat speed so Crocodile will be able to react.

That was 7-C Crocodile, you're using his second key.
He doesnt actually have a second key both are technically the same he was in prison all the time from the moment he lost of Luffy until Luffy went to impel down
What you're referring to is perception speed, not reaction speed. Jozu attacked him when his back was turned, the action Crocodile took by reacting to Jozu was turning around to face him and attempting to put his arms up while Jozu was moving at FTL speeds

Well nothing on the profile suggests it's over 9 times faster than his regular combat speed so Crocodile will be able to react.
Actually Suigetsu managed to caught Zetsu by surprise and he has a relativistic reaction also onoki that couldnt react in time to gengetsu managed to almost kill Sasuke same sasuke that had sub relativistic reaction at this point during his fight against Raikage. So it might be actually way more than 9 times

He doesnt actually have a second key both are technically the same he was in prison all the time from the moment he lost of Luffy until Luffy went to impel down
The site treats them as different keys.
Actually Suigetsu managed to caught Zetsu by surprise and he has a relativistic reaction also onoki that couldnt react in time to gengetsu managed to almost kill Sasuke same sasuke that had sub relativistic reaction at this point during his fight against Raikage. So it might be actually way more than 9 times
Interesting, later I'll try finding out what speed difference that is compared to their combat speed to determine if Crocodile could react or not.

The site treats them as different keys.
Sincerely to begin with we know crocodile is a walking plot hole.
And I have no ideia why would crocodile even have multi continental resistance that's the same resistance Luffy got from fighting kaidou, is juzo really on kaidou's levels? And why a whitebeard that has a country level calc become multi continental over being stronger than his own subordinates that in the end after keeping on scaling ends up with akainu scaling above shiki because akainu's fruit is more offensive than shiki's
Interesting, later I'll try finding out what speed difference that is compared to their combat speed to determine if Crocodile could react or not.

Sincerely to begin with we know crocodile is a walking plot hole.
No, he's just stronger than his alabasta self which is a common thing that happens when old villains return into the story.
And I have no ideia why would crocodile even have multi continental resistance that's the same resistance Luffy got from fighting kaidou, is juzo really on kaidou's levels? And why a whitebeard that has a country level calc become multi continental over being stronger than his own subordinates that in the end after keeping on scaling ends up with akainu scaling above shiki because akainu's fruit is more offensive than shiki's
Jozu scales to the admirals & his databook statement, that's why.

Back