• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Construction/Building Ability

The construction ability wouldn't be for just anyone who could build, it'd be for characters that building is one of their most prominent abilities, characters who excel in the field more than a normal human would.

Well, it would still risk to mainly be applied for a redundant talent. We might as well add various regular professions as powers and abilities pages. My apologies.

I think what he means is Construction would only be given to those who can construct large or massive structures mid fight due to skills vastly beyond the normal, Technological, or supernatural reasons.

Fortnite dude can build one mid fight due to his map power thing (Supernatural)

Steve can build walls and buildings in seconds (skills)

Sackboy can create machines, structures, and other such things in seconds to nearly instantly (Skills and Supernatural)

Axton can create a turret to defend himself (Technological)

Ect. Like that.

So this would only be for a supernatural ability to suddenly construct complex objects out of the surroundings?

I suppose that might work if we do not have any other powers pages that already cover the ability, but we need more staff input first.

I think that we would have to make it so that all characters who have the ability should have it to a very supernatural degree.

I agree, only characters who have a supernatural / far beyond human proficiency in construction, such as the previously mentioned examples should have this ability. As like has been adressed, a huge amount of characters would be given the ability when they haven't shown anything that proves it is a power.

You should ask the staff members who commented here earlier to do so again via their message walls.

GojiBoyForever said:
Building something out of thin air is just a skill feat?
It's not out of thin air. Else that would go under Creation. This requires material to do it. They can do it in a quick way do to supernatural skills, powers, or technology. It's basically like a watered down Creation as requiring material to do so.

Much like Social Influencing is a watered down Empathetic Manipulation.

You should ask some of our administrators to comment here first, and likely Promestein as well.

Sorry for late reply... Gonna bump this again tho.

Unfortunately I wont be able to input for a while as in a few days as i'm going on holiday for a couple weeks, I'll try and input whenever I can but cant promise anything.

I've just messaged Prom and some admins.

Bumping real quick cause trap mastery

As well. Wouldn't construction be like Weapon Creation? Maybe we could update this to cover both weapons and objects. As this says out of energy, thin air, or surroundings. So you could create weapons or constructions like walls out of thin air, energy, surroundings, or material they have on them. This seems like it could cover them both without being too broad

Admins have already been asked to comment here, I'm back from my holiday now so i'll be able to reply to any comments, Promestein is there a reason specifically why you fell this isn't necessary?

I am not able to help you here on my own.

Back