• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Consideration For A New Tier 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
So as some of you are aware there is a wiki devoted to FC/OC (Fan-character/canon/original character) Versus Battles. On that wiki (which shares a staff member currently with this one) they have implemented a new Tier rank into the system. This for for ******** (less speeed and and druability than a person, even less so than some one who's physically impared or a child).

They have a good explanation of what also meets the requirements, or what is considered each sub-Tier.

Hop made some changes and suggestions to this tier as well since it encompasses many types of life in reality and fiction.

Tier 11: New Tier

11-C: Microbe level
(reserved for plagues, viruses, parasites and the like)

Examples: Ebola, helminths, the Black Death

11-B: Insect level (These could stomp 11-C via immune systems. These are the weakest of animals period, like poisonious bugs, tiny lizards, ants and the like)

Examples: Grasshopper, Spiders, Ants, Beetles, minnows, baby mice, and the Venus fly trap (since it can kill insects, or be killed by them it fits within their range)

11-A: Small Animal level (These can stomp 11-C & 11-B, it's orginally named 'Small Mammal', but fish and birds can apply to this as well)

Examples: Raccoons, squirrels, rabbits, pigeons, walleye (these fish have tiny but sharp teeth to eat other fish with) as well as small cats, foxes and dogs

This has been discussed, and I believe it's on the to-do list.

Antvasima has brought this up to Lord Kavpeny, who serves as my consultant over at FC/OC, that this tier section will be identified as Microbe level.

Not sure how they'll take care of 11-B and 11-A though....and forgot to change the tier 11 name,,,,

Aparajita said:
Agreed. Sorry, Nazi-ish statements rub a hard cord on me.
It's fine. We can call it "Animal Tier" too. Since most people can kill animals with exceptions of stronger beasts like bears, tigers, and bulls.

You could add there T-Virus and such, right?

I mean, more like fictional microbes.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Antvasima has brought this up to Lord Kavpeny, who serves as my consultant over at FC/OC, that this tier section will be identified as Microbe level.
Not sure how they'll take care of 11-B and 11-A though....and forgot to change the tier 11 name,,,,
Oh that's right, Lord Kavpeny does help you there. Hmm... But does that mean it's strictly microbes?

PaChi2 said:
You could add there T-Virus and such, right?
I mean, more like fictional microbes.
Yeah, that's what it's for. Although you need a "cure" that is the same tier to baet it, otehrwise it's assumed the immune system took care of it. Same with parasites

Medicine might fit within Tier 11-C.

I don't know, Hop. Kavpeny has yet to talk to me about this given that one of my former admins implemented this a while back this year.

@Cross

I understand. It could happen but doesn't have too. If he wants to see it or input I'll leave it to staff staff to bring it up, as I don't want to be like the flood of useless stuff that spams your walls' everday.

Well then again, i was supposed to bring it up with him that time but never did since he was busy as usual so.....

It can happen. We can get support from other users and staff, and it might be implemented, however I can see what may concern others with the Tier.

you should note that pretty much many 11-C microbe can destroy most of fictional characters (excluding higher dimensionals and some exceptions) because usually those things have specific inverse cures.

@SoyHop: I just need Kav to tell me on what name of the Tier 11 could be for here. Cause though there isn't alot of them here i presume, i'd still like to hear word from the guy who i'm technically the boss of as well (we're kind of both each others bosses, Kav more or less just have more power i think.....*shrugs*).

If anything, i don't mind if this tier is implemented over to here if the community and staff doesn't mind it.

What would the tiers be?

11-C. Microbe, 11-B, Insects, 11-A, Small animals I presume?

I guess? It just depends what Kav thinks but i think he finds it alright. Though its classifying what the name would be for all of them that is the problem, it seems.

@Cross

Welll that's good to hear from you. I wonder if it would change much.

Some suggestions I have are: Sub-Human, Below-Human, Animal, Nature/Natural, Instictive, Non-sentient.

11-C's pose a threat to everyone and everything.

11-B's and A's need some difference but that is below 10-C. Insects and Small Mammals are good gaps that lead into a Human Tier.

I mean, would 20 Ants stop a really angry and aggressive raccoon? Or a spider against a woodpecker? Certain animals in nature solo each other but aren't as strong as we are.

Same with physically fit people against crippled people. Professor X vs the NFL. lol rekt

"Animal Tier" doesn't sound right, not only because humans are animals too, but also because big animals, like lions, can effortlessly overpower the average human.

Not to mention most plants, fungus, etc. would also fall under this category.

Sub-Human seems alright, but it may cause confusion with the "Below Average Human" category.

I don't think we should mentions how Tier 11-C can beat higher tier. That's just hax, and it doesn't depend on the AP. We should keep AP as AP and Hax as Hax.

Alexcar3000 said:
Sub-Human seems alright, but it may cause confusion with the "Below Average Human" category.
Good point.

Hmm... then we need a better name. But Below Average is still within human, just under average. Sub Human is beneath what a human is entirely. For example, a guy in a wheel chair (10-C) can still snap a rabbit's neck, crush an insect, and fight off a microscopic being with their immune system. And larger/stronger animals would be 10-B to 9-C anyway, since we can compare those guys to us, and they don't go into super human levels of power anyway.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I don't think we should mentions how Tier 11-C can beat higher tier. That's just hax, and it doesn't depend on the AP. We should keep AP as AP and Hax as Hax.
What, would we call it "health hax" or something? I'm confused with your message..

Guess it is since it bypasses AP and out standrd definition of durability.

A germ could wipe out All 11-B to 9-C life on earth.

I think that this is a good idea, although the term "Sub-Human" is likely inappropriate, given that it was used by the Nazis. Has anybody got any better suggestions? Simply "Below Human level" perhaps?

Did Kav said anything about what we could use, though? If anything though, i guess Below Human level is what we'll have to go by.....of course...unless anyone got better names for this tier? @Ant and everyone else

Kavpeny has not had the time to take care of this matter yet, but is supposed to look into it.

I see. Well for me, i haven't had time to ask him since he was always busy on his end. I'd appreciate if he can really look into this.

If not, y'all of the community and staff here will have to pick one then. In this case and if none can make a good tier name section, then Below Average Human will have to be then.

Well, this should not be that big a deal, so I suppose that we could apply this change if he does not reply within a few days, and the rest of the staff agrees.

We would have to change the few current tier 11 profiles to tier 12 instead though, and likely a few current tier 10-C as well.

There is also the possible problem that in our attack potency page, tier 10-C currently starts at 0 joules. Even microbes can exert more energy than that.

Well i regardless, and like i said above, i don't mind if even Kav doesn't mind implementing this on his site here.

Alright.

Mmmm, i see....that sounds like a potential problem then....

Also, I see no point in a Tier 11 for the 10-C category.

Low 10-C, 10-C and High 10-C seem better, if that is even necessary.

@CrossverseCrisis Yeah. We might need somebody in the calculation group to approximate a scale of energy for these tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back