• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Consideration For A New Tier 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matthew I suppose that it might be redundant, yes. We do not have any such characters, other than The Authority, as far as I am aware.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, I see no point in a Tier 11 for the 10-C category.
Low 10-C, 10-C and High 10-C seem better, if that is even necessary.
We aren't trying to destroy/divide or redefine 10-C, there is a massive amount of 10-Cs that would lose to a normal (or below average) 10-B but could still stomp entire types of entities. A dude in a wheel chair (even if he's ripped) is still 10-C, and can still choke a small animal to death, or even put up a fight to a 10-B.

Sure that sounds like a weird example, BUT you could say the same thing for super heroes. Batman, Green Arrow and Captain America are all pretty good without their equipment compared to us. To each other, there isn't a wide margin, but to even Iron Man, they pale in comparison (not when we're talking Civil War, lol).

MLGSpencer said:
Stuart Little would definatily fit the Sub-Human tear level in everything except maybe intelligence.
See that's a good example. he's be 10-B, since he could likely fight, I dunno a spider, but be killed by a cat, which in turn is inferior to a guy with a crutch (which double as a weapon, doesn't it?).

So physically below human, but there's a division in HOW below.

@SoyHop I am not personally fond of any of those names.

Ok. I will see if we can find anyone who likes them, or if any others have a good idea for what name would effectively cover this new Tier.

Well, Below Human level might be fine.

None of those seem interesting to me, Hop. I think, once again, that Below Human is fine if there's nothing else to go by...

It is, however boring. The other names in the system are so unique.

"Stellar"

"Cosmic"

"Tectonic"

They are creative but related very well to the entire set of sub Tiers. They're better than "Stars" "Universal" "Terristrial" which sound okay.

Personally Hop is fond of "Petty" as most encounters and feats with these creatures are neglible to human feats in comparison.

I dislike all of the name Hop suggested. It doesn't fit with our other tiering titles. I prefer Below Human.

Second thing about this. I don't mind having these tiers, but what's the point? I can't see anyone debating "Red Ant vs Black ants" or "Dog cells vs Human cells". It's just sort of pointless in my opinion.

Well, there are weak characters and real life examples we could use to scale from, if given these Tiers can have any actual calcs.

Unlike the current Tier-11 which is super pointless, considering that, it's both impossbile to scale, and there are legit so few characters that are meant to be 2D and below.

Like, if you bring up that question now, how do you have no objection to the current Tier 11's existence? It is legit featless, completely impossible to range any KE or physics from, and above all else, those character have 0 VS or discussion threads dedicated to them, since there are so few that fit the requirements.

And now to stop avoiding the question. There ARE ficitonal things that can fit those requirements: Those bees from Hunger Game, The Authority (probably), The T/G/Progenitor-virus (Resident Evil), the green flu (Left 4 Dead), and even VN and LN characters, bacteria and animals, even those guys have (dare I say it) hax. I mean, an 11-C can wipe out the human race as we know it.

SoyHop said:
Like, if you bring up that question now, how do you have no objection to the current Tier 11's existence? It is legit featless, completely impossible to range any KE or physics from, and above all else, those character have 0 thread dedicated to them, since they are so few that fit the requirements.
I didn't even saw the Tier 11 thread. I had no part in it. But if it's already made why would I agrue for it's removal? As I said I don't mind having these tiers. I just don't think us staff should spend time on things we'll barely use.

Thebluedash said:
As I said I don't mind having these tiers. I just don't us staff should spend time on things we'll barely use.
You don't have to, but Ant and Cross might think your (as in the staff's) input would be most vaulable since it was highlighted and moved to a new forum board, so, there you go I guess.

Thebluedash does have a point, but the lower-dimensional tiers were added because somebody created profiles for such characters.

Still, if we can get some energy-scaling for these new tiers, I do not mind adding them, for the sake of completeness.

Mm, I don't think we should rule on this based off the fact that they may not be used in versus threads, as this wikia is not primarily for Versus threads but rather indexing first. And who knows, someone may come up with a innovative versus thread with them.

I support the new tier suggestions (except for the naming of them SoyHop mentioned, which I don't like)

Hmm, the narutofourms and Thebluedash did do calcs to see the KE of ants.

We can use the numbers and find them just as easy. However, what we should do first si constitute what is a good example for each sub tier.

11-A on FC/OC says an animal like a rabbit is also suitable, so maybe we can have the average speeds of those, and potential striking strength of small animals of that range for that sub-tier. And use the higher end of that to cap the lower end of 10-C. This can't exclude bites, however. Some mammals bite hard than we kick.

Could somebody ask all of the calculatiom group members to check out this thread? It is rather important that we get energy values hammered out for the suggested categories, if we are going to go through with this.

I will do some of my own. I would not only like to be part of this project, but one day be part of the calc group myself.

They will be in a blog post.

Well, we need help to calculate the energy level borders for each category.

Nah. If this is accepted, it is just to make the tiering system more complete.

Hmm, what specifically would you be looking for in energy borders? The energy cells, microbes and small lifeforms generate with actions? I can help out in that regard for sure.

@Jucaslucas That is correct, yes.

@Alakabamm Thank you. That would be appreciated. Input regarding how we should draw the upper and lower borders would also be good, given that there is such a massive scale difference between each category.

@ArbitraryNumbers Probably, yes. Unless we make an 11-D category for them.

We could call it the nature tier. Seeing as how we're dealing with flora fauna and morbus it would fit. We wouldnt even have that human/ sub-human dichotomy going on.

That would work. But allots fo things in Nature are way above human records. Bears strength, cheetah speed, tree durability. certain animals have more endurance than we do too. All we have is intelligence and the capability to use weapons, although other apes (and pandas) are capable of using sticks as weapons.

Well, it goes without saying that our weapons are rather superior . . .

Anyway, how would small plants like grass fit into this?

Don't think we can index those since it would be hard to find out how strong a blade of grass is.

If a plant (like a fly trap) can move, that makes it easier. But something slowly growing is very, very pitiful.

Thats all things that would be adressed in independent profile pages. Just because a character has higher than human qualities or higher than Whatever qualities doesnt make it a higher tier. For example we have https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/SCP-085 here where the strike strength is human but its in a lower tier. This is due to categorization. Just because it a lower tier doesnt necessarily mean its weaker.

Dont ask me that. I was just picking an example to explain that the tiering isnt so clear cut all this can beat this all the time. Sometimes theres some wiggle room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back