• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Consideration For A New Tier 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am neutral regarding this issue, but it depends on whether or not somebodies are willing to do the necessary calculation work.

If they do, I can always insert the tiers and energy borders into the attack potency page.

If this gets green-lighted, it may be good for a verse' like Pikmin, whose characters are all canonically around the size of coins or smaller. Of course, Pikmin is fairly unique in that regard.

Well, I would personally like to see a more complete system, but there are the various problems that Raven mentioned.

Those seem like personal complaints to me, and indeed the math is the same as with larger beings, just in the other direciton on the number line.

Super small KE doesn't seem like a calc issue, actaully. Like the ludicris KE of SSJ Blue Goku and Superman aren't within the "so large we don't have an appropriate name for those numbers" range.

I don't think there's much of a debate when it comes to a domesticated dog vs. a domesticated cat, unless the dog is a toy breed size like a Chihuahua.

Also, we don't "just" measure energy output here, or we wouldn't have categories like lifting strength and striking strength. What we're actually measuring is energy output equivalent, as in how much energy a given force is equal to.

In fact, lastly, I think Raven has it wrong. Our standards are based entirely on real life scientific formulas, equations and physics. I think the reverse of what Raven said is true; that we most commonly run into problems when fiction doesn't adhere to real life physics and equations.

So I don't think there would be much of a problem about applying our standards to real life phenomena, as our standards are based on those same phenomena.

Well, okay then. I was also thinking that it would be nice to have a viable alternative for subatomic characters and the like.

However, there is still the matter of that somebody must be interested in doing the actual calculation work.

Antvasima said:
Well, okay then. I was also thinking that it would be nice to have a viable alternative for subatomic characters and the like.
However, there is still the matter of that somebody must be interested in doing the actual calculation work.
I could, if provide with the proper instructions and guidance.

For something as important as this, we would need the more skilled calculation group members to be interested in handling it.

Most of it would be simple KE calcs I believe, which are easy to do. Just got to find the average/top speed of a species and they're average weight (usually easy to find with a few searches). There's a lot of KE calculators online to do the hard work for you, but I'm unsure if they'll help for animals that wouldn't even generate normal joules.

Well, it isn't quite that simple. I do not think that we rate humans from their top running speed, but from their abilities to throw a punch. We would othervise end up with small animals with power higher rated than some humans.

The only way humans are greater than animals is their ability to understand and create tools without that we have no chance against Tigers, Bears, Crocs, Snakes etc. Humans aren't blessed to have sharp claws, fangs even a peak human martial artist barely makes it out alive

Yes, but the point is that a calculation of a rabbit at full running speed ended up with too high energy compared with what we use for humans, as we currently do not rate ourselves from top running speed.

This may be too complicated to be realistic to apply.

Well, I have asked Lord Kavpeny about input in private.

@Ant

Well if someone here owns a rabbit *looking a Grudgeman* they can measure a paw for us and we can figure out how hard they are striking like that. That could solve that problem if you wish to use that animal as a benchmark. Since we can't rate ourselves at top running speed (unless you plan on tackling someone a whole fight), ijt would be silly to do the same for a superhuman speed animal . That's also some impressive stamina and reaction speed.

Ignore the music again. Don't know what it is with these people and putting their iTune playlist onto YouTube.

Hmm...I do believe the original notion has spiraled out of control.

Quite frankly speaking, I do not see the slightest need for this additional, over-burdening, and excessively complex addition to the tiering system.

Antvasima, I realize that you would prefer a complete tiering system, but there are few flaws that I notice with the current modification suggestion, namely:

• the suggested tier changes can have, to put it quite bluntly, a nigh-infinitesimal amount of segregation, example: multi-cellular (billions), multi-cellular (hundreds), uni-cellular, cell organelles, molecules, atoms, sub-atomic particles (protons, neutrons, electrons), sub-atomic particles (neutrinos, quarks, gluons), etc.
    • not sure about others, but that level of distinct segregation was enough to make my head spin
  • the proposed change is thematically leaning towards the differentiating factor of size, rather than AP
  • with all due respect to the efforts of the Calc group members, the energy levels for the suggested tier remain quite vague, to say the least
  • there is little to no application for the additional tier(s), save for some highly niche Verses; in contrast, the tiers themselves are highly convoluted, seemingly superfluous, and downright confusing
  • last, but not least, our tiering system is already complete, if a bit generalized; the tier 10-C is listed as below average human, which I do believe is inclusive of small animals, insects and micro-organisms

Okay. Never mind then. I suppose that we should close this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back