• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confusion over Fire Emblem Speed

Could someone clear up to me why Roy is MHS in all categories? Shouldn't it only be MHS reactions only? They never demonstrate anything higher than Hypersonic+ otherwise (eg. dodging arrows/comets).

That's the same for the Zelda characters because it also should Relativistic reactions only.

@Dark

I honestly don't know if it's travel speed, but it's definitely combat and reactions.

That's the same for the Zelda characters since they rating comes from dodging beams.

They should be: Superhuman with Hypersonic or Massively Hypersonic (Gba) combat and reaction speed while Massively Hypersonic+ with Relativistic combat speed and reaction for the Zelda characters.

I thought Combat Speed was the standard format for the speed rating. But anyway, the Elibe Fire Emblem characters are easily Massively Hypersonic in both combat and reaction speeds; Travel Speed is only like Superhuman. Then again, a lot of characters have a high speed rating listed in their profile, despite movement speed being rather unimpressive.

If they can land hits on people with MHS reactions then they attack at MHS speeds

Although their Travel speed is likely lower, of course

@ JustSomeWeirdo

Oh sorry, I thought that they had lower combat speed because they couldn't sustain that sort of speed in actual combat which would make it reactions (you know like Master Chief has Subsonic+ combat speed but Supersonic reactions) but they can? If so sorry for the mix up, I'm not very familiar with the specific verse, I might have gotten it mixed up with a fanon thing.

Well, Master Chief doesn't actually dodge bullets at point blank range; he just happens to be capable of seeing them move; albeit barely. Raven from FE7 on the other hand actually stepped back at a certain amount of distance in comparison to the lightning's speed; in which it was calc'd at Massively Hypersonic level. And then of course, the other characters scale due to being capable of landing hits on him and all that.

Yeah sorry for the mixup. Also though Chief can dodge bullets at close range, he did it against a small team of ODSTs. He just can't keep dodging at that speed so its a reaction/burst speed.

Another note is that Bolting is surprisingly one of the least accurate weapons; despite being the one that scientifically reflects the greatest amount of Attack Speed. And still, the speed in which Master Chief moves his arms or legs to dodge it is only Subsonic.

@DarkDragon

"Accuracy ratings" are generally for game balancing purposes. It's the same reason why instant-death spells don't work all the time: they would trivialize the game.

Well, I'm well aware of that; was just explaining that characters can easily dodge the Bolting and thus have MHS Combat Speed as well as Reaction Speed.

@Reppuzan

Er also isn't the definition of reactions perception and short burst speed?

@XING

Being able to fight characters who can dodge Bolting makes this qualify for MHS Combat Speed as well.

Oh yeah I'm not arguing about that just making sure I got the definition right. Anway Thanks

Back