• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conflictual Acausalities in Wizard 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then, that's about the Current Acausality rating for Wizard 101 Characters, Most of the God tier of the verse have both type 4 and 5 Acausality based on that:

WoG stated the Divine Paradox isn't bound by cosmic rules and is outside the regular order of things. Stands on the same cosmic hierarchy as the gods, who exist beyond the linear passage of time and are unbound by the Wheel of Existence

Firstly, i don't think you can have both Type 4 and Type 5 at the same time for a characters and secondly, the reasoning above tend to type 4, let me explain a bit:

Type 5 Acausality is basically an immunity to all attacks and move because they all use Causality (everything work on the causality, and type 5 immune you to all causality stuff), the statement is too vague to actually tell that it talk about Causality system, plus, without proper feats (the type 5 is only based on this, there is no feat of this statement to approve the WoG) and contexts, those kind of statements are mostly empty.

Type 4 Acausality is operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality, and from some characters which has type 4 such has Nil, it mostly based on Time stuff and not completly Causality, the feat come, and indeed, the current description of the profile tend to type 4 acausality

Basically i suggest to remove Type 5 acausality because firstly, i don't think you can have both Acausality and secondly, the reasoning of type 5 Acausality is fallacious without more proof.

Having type 4 and 5 is an oxymoron. You can't have type 5 and any other type of acausality, the whole point of type 5 is that you're not bound by it.

And if that quote is the only thing they have for their reasoning, it sounds like type 4. You need a lot more than just "exists beyond linear time" for type 5, especially since at face value it just implies a higher temporal dimension not completely transcending the concept of time itself.

Since Acausality Type 5's evidence sounds too vague then I can agree with removal.

Agree with it as Ogbunabali said, you can't have type 4 of Acausality if you have type 5. One is operating on a different system of cause and effect while the other is completely transcending it. If you have the type 5 then the first is already included as in this one you are not bound by the system at all while type 4 its just a different system but still bound.

Type 5 is like 1-A levels of hax resistance, so I can agree with that being a removal. But not familiar with the verse.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Type 5 is like 1-A levels of hax resistance, so I can agree with that being a removal. But not familiar with the verse.
Nah nah, you can have type 5 without being 1-A, but you need clear feat and statement, in this case it's only based on a WoG statement with a vague reasoning (with a bunch of interpretation) and no real context.

I didn't say you have to be 1-A I simply said that characters with that level of Acausality could resist those levels of Causality hax.

Oh.

but you don't resist 1-A hax neither, just at your level of Causality (the causality transcendance of your/ the verse dimensional level)

Yeah getting 5 on non 1-As requires quite a lot of support, and characters would need to actually display properties we say acausality 5 grants.

Promestein said:
Get rid of the Type 4, then.
No because the current description is type 4, type 5 is not correct from the explanation gived on the profiles.

Edit: you ninja'd me lol

Get rid of Type 5 FRA.

d e l e t u s

@Matt, I know nothing about the verse, but I do trust Everlasting. But the guy who created the profiles seems like a well behaved member, so he'll hopefully be open-minded when said other thread comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back