• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Organism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it'd have water gun with anglerfish, poison skin with tree frog, and bone wolverine claws with the hairy frog.

So basically, the Chimer- I mean, Composite Organism/Earthling would be 8-C by sheer size.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
Have you ever heard of Water Bear? They can survive in space.
Yeah. Also, I've heard that a turtle can surivive in Mars' atmosphere for around 1 hour.

Yeah. Also, I've heard that a turtle can surivive in Mars' atmosphere for around 1 hour.

Yeah and some frog I don't remember the name can change his own temperature via his own color manipulation. Some squids can camouflage using color, too.

Yeah and some frog I don't remember the name can change his own temperature via his own color manipulation. Some squids can camouflage using color, too.
Oh, about squids, ink manipulation should be added, as stupi as it sounds. And color one. But I'm pretty sure that with prep-time, the composite organism would store dozens of cans of his own mupkltiple poisons and venoms, and create many clones of himesl, and leave spores and seeds to regrow... Christ, this is scary.

Duplication too via bacterias. Space survival by water bears. And also resistance to poisons by horses (yes, really)

Duplication too via bacterias. Space survival by water bears. And also resistance to poisons by horses (yes, really)
And type 1 (via jellyfish) and 6 immortality.

And Dolphins and Bats can use waves to detect obstacles and preys... This profile is going to be a pain to do because of all these abilities, it's going to be the Lavos of 8-Cs.

Newendigo said:
Btw, should we also make a Combined Organism?
It would be nigh impossible, becuase it would consist of Composite Organism times every living being that ever existed on Earth.

DMB 1 said:
And Dolphins and Bats can use waves to detect obstacles and preys... This profile is going to be a pain to do because of all these abilities, it's going to be the Lavos of 8-Cs.
I think itd be quite a bit higher then Tier 8 but id still say its gonna be haxxed as all hell.

Hellbeast1 said:
DMB 1 said:
I think itd be quite a bit higher then Tier 8 but id still say its gonna be haxxed as all hell.
Basically:

"at least 8-C by sheer size, higher with prep-time, at least up to 7-B via technology".

How about Durability? Heard some corals lasted for ages.
Some microscpopic organisms would be able to survive even in a world-ending scenario.

Technically, aren't the sounds made by whales done so underwater, & as such, the measurements of them may be affected by environment? Shouldn't we account for assuming a non-land environment for the AP of their sound manipulation?

A species with a similar issue is the aphelidae .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpheidae#Snapping_effect

"The animal snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitatio bubble that generates acoustic pressures of up to 80 kPa at a distance of 4 cm from the claw. As it extends out from the claw, the bubble reaches speeds of 100 km/h (62 mph) and releases a sound reaching 218 decibels. The pressure is strong enough to kill small fish. It corresponds to a zero to peak pressure level of 218 decibels relative to one micropascal (dB re 1 ╬╝Pa), equivalent to a zero to peak source level of 190 dB re 1 ╬╝Pa at the standard reference distance of 1 m. Au and Banks measured peak to peak source levels between 185 and 190 dB re 1 ╬╝Pa at 1 m, depending on the size of the claw. Similar values are reported by Ferguson and Cleary. The duration of the click is less than 1 millisecond.

The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from the collapsing cavitatio bubble. As it collapses, the cavitation bubble reaches temperatures of over 5,000 K (4,700 ┬░C).[16] In comparison, the surface temperature of the su is estimated to be around 5,800 K (5,500 ┬░C). The light is of lower intensity than the light produced by typical sonoluminescence and is not visible to the naked eye. It is most likely a by-product of the shock wave with no biological significance. However, it was the first known instance of an animal producing light by this effect. It has subsequently been discovered that another group of crustaceans, the mantis shrimp, contains species whose club-like forelimbs can strike so quickly and with such force as to induce sonoluminescent cavitation bubbles upon impact."

Another interesting species of shrimp: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp#Eyes

"The mantis shrimp has one of the most elaborate visual systems ever discovered. Compared to the three types of colour-receptive cones that humans possess in their eyes, the eyes of a mantis shrimp carry 16 types of colour receptive cones. Furthermore, some of these shrimp can tune the sensitivity of their long-wavelength vision to adapt to their environment. This phenomenon, known as "spectral tuning", is species-specific."

I don't even like shrimp, but things like this sometimes make me question using the term as an insult, lol.

Incidentally, given the presumably differing size & possibly differing environment, would the Composite Organism get different yields performing things such as what those shrimp do?

Also, what of the bombardier beetle 's abilities?

Tardigrade

• temperatures as low as -200 ┬░C (-328 ┬░F) and as high as 151 ┬░C (304 ┬░F);
  • freezing and/or thawing processes;
  • changes in salinity;
  • lack of oxygen;
  • lack of water;
  • levels of X-ray radiation 1000x the lethal human dose;
  • some noxious chemicals;
  • boiling alcohol;
  • low pressure of a vacuum;
  • high pressure (up to 6x the pressure of the deepest part of the ocean). <----- Could be calculated for durability
"In fact, water bears could survive after humanity is long gone, researchers found. Scientists from Harvard and Oxford universities looked at the probabilities of certain astronomical events — Earth-pummeling asteroids, nearby supernova blasts and gamma-ray bursts, to name a few — over the next billions of years. Then, they looked at how likely it would be for those events to wipe out Earth's hardiest species. And while such catastrophic events would likely wipe out humans, the researchers found little tardigrades would survive most of them, they reported in a study published online July 14, 2017, in the journal Scientific Reports."

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/57985-tardigrade-facts.html

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
==Tardigrade==
  • temperatures as low as -200 ┬░C (-328 ┬░F) and as high as 151 ┬░C (304 ┬░F);
  • freezing and/or thawing processes;
  • changes in salinity;
  • lack of oxygen;
  • lack of water;
  • levels of X-ray radiation 1000x the lethal human dose;
  • some noxious chemicals;
  • boiling alcohol;
  • low pressure of a vacuum;
  • high pressure (up to 6x the pressure of the deepest part of the ocean). <----- Could be calculated for durability
"In fact, water bears could survive after humanity is long gone, researchers found. Scientists from Harvard and Oxford universities looked at the probabilities of certain astronomical events — Earth-pummeling asteroids, nearby supernova blasts and gamma-ray bursts, to name a few — over the next billions of years. Then, they looked at how likely it would be for those events to wipe out Earth's hardiest species. And while such catastrophic events would likely wipe out humans, the researchers found little tardigrades would survive most of them, they reported in a study published online July 14, 2017, in the journal Scientific Reports."

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/57985-tardigrade-facts.html
Oh boy

Yeah, this thing will still be 8-C, but will have much higher durability. I don't know too much about how much durability that would be, but I do know that special submarines made to be durability still get destroyed by water pressure in the Mariana trenches.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Yeah, this thing will still be 8-C, but will have much higher durability. I don't know too much about how much durability that would be, but I do know that special submarines made to be durability still get destroyed by water pressure in the Mariana trenches.
What about Regenerationn? Which living being has the best one, and which one has the fastest one, so we can combine them?

Likely some type of bacteriophage. I've learned that the bottom of the Mariana trenches has 15,750 pounds per square inch of pressure, and so the Tardigrade can survive over 94,500 pounds per square inch of pressure. I don't know how to turn that to durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back