• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Organism pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
Bottom line; organisms that duplicate do so by taking from their own body.
Only on a technicality imo. They duplicate by taking from their environment, the energy of which they need to put in their body before duplicating so that their body can use it for duplicating. Since CO can get energy from basically everything around it, it won't need to cut down on its own size to duplicate - it can just regenerate using energy from the sun.

Kepekley23 said:
Bottom line; organisms that duplicate do so by taking from their own body.
K

Would spores count tho, as they absorb from their surroundings with hyphae?

Because there's no proof it does.

SCP-871's duplicates come from nowhere, this thing's duplication is based on real-life bacteriopaghes

^ so wait can it duplication or does the laws of physics erase this thing from existence as soon as it spawns; this thing is breaking the laws of physics all over the place including the law of coveration already from existing, so can we even use it in a match or does it starve to death instantly from being to big

@kep

Mostly just bacteria and fungus, actually. BTW, would you be willing to look at the calcs?

Can we even use this thing in a match anymore or does the laws of physics erase it because it's breaking the laws of physics via existing? (I'm asking seriously, can it even be used or does it die instantly from starvation from being to big; can it even regenerate or duplication or does it not have the energy to do so; can it even survive it's own venom; is it venom even that dangerous; I now have no clue what to think, so I'm just going to watch the thread until someone can explain this)

Keeweed said:
Can we even use this thing in a match anymore or does the laws of physics erase it because it's breaking the laws of physics via existing? (I'm asking seriously, can it even be used or does it die instantly from starvation from being to big; can it even regenerate or duplication or does it not have the energy to do so; can it even survive it's own venom; is it venom even that dangerous; I now have no clue what to think, so I'm just going to watch the thread until someone can explain this)
No, its just that things like 3-A duplicates is too much for even this. Composite profiles by nature have a bit of rule bending. EverythEverything else works as per normal.

Keeweed said:
^ I didn't even agree with 3-A I'm just wonder if duplication can increases its tier or not
Probably not. It would just be multiple organisms. Higher is enough.

@Kepek Its duplication isn't just based on bacteriophages. I believe it's also based off of fungi and sea cucumbers.

@Yobo Everything about a composite profile outright breaks the rules that our reality goes off of, why is 3-A duplication too much? Even if it is multiple organisms, that still counts, as shown by profiles like 871. I'd suggest "6-C, potentially up to 3-A through duplication"

SCP-871's duplication is based on him replicating and reappearing out of nowhere.

This thing has to spend energy to duplicate.

3-A is super mega wanked.

Also, I replied to the calc.

It can get energy extremely easily. The only way that it taking energy matters would be if it couldn't get that energy.

3-A would take less than half an hour. Is the worry that this army of supergeniuses wouldn't be able to get enough energy for it? That's quite possible, but where should it be capped off at?

My first instinct would be to limit it at how many COs could cover the Earth, even though they could keep making duplicates stacking on top of each other around the surface of the Earth, albeit at a slower rate.

Of course it's wanked, but what's a different good cap on its tier? I say 3-A as cap because it could duplicate up to there, but it still would never be infinite in scale.

You used the Su as the best example for an energy source.

The Sun couldn't possibly provide enough energy to make this thing 3-A in its lifetime. Contradicting 75% of IRL laws for a profile strictly based on RL stats sounds pretty wanked, to be honest.

Kepekley23 said:
SCP-871's duplication is based on him replicating and reappearing out of nowhere.

This thing has to spend energy to duplicate.

3-A is super mega wanked.

Also, I replied to the calc.
I will say this again while I agree 3-A is a little ridiculous; can this thing even duplicate or regenerate or does it starve to death immediately.

Kepekley23 said:
You used the Su as the best example for an energy source.
The Sun couldn't possibly provide enough energy to make this thing 3-A in its lifetime. Contradicting 75% of IRL laws for a profile strictly based on RL stats sounds pretty wanked, to be honest.
The Sun, all other life on the planet, the heat from the centre of the Earth, vents in the sea, volcanoes, likely other things I'm forgetting could all be energy sources for it. (Also it's funny that you say "in its lifetime" when CO wouldn't die from old age).

If your problem is that it contradicts IRL laws, then almost everything about this and every other composite profile needs to be scrapped. if you want, we can start some content revision going through all of them showing how they're impossible to happen in reality.

All of these profiles are theoreticals about what would happen if all the positive attributes that things under X category have were combined together, if we were going into practicalities they'd barely be more impressive than the most impressive thing under that category which already exists.

If you only explicitly take exception to duplication getting to 3-A, where do you want it to stop? If everyone agrees, we could figure out a calculation on how much energy CO could gain from all resources available to it on the Earth to see how large it could grow.

If your problem is that it contradicts IRL laws, then almost everything about this and every other composite profile needs to be scrapped. if you want, we can start some content revision going through all of them showing how they're impossible to happen in reality.

not really, all of them can be explained. like square cube law just by having stronger bones and flesh.

Unimportantalt said:
not really, all of them can be explained. like square cube law just by having stronger bones and flesh.
No they certainly can't. Poisons don't combine like they do in profiles. Speed in body lengths cannot be scaled up. Bark cannot have properties of every single piece of bark, as their properties are from the ratios of the materials that comprise them, so combining them would change their effects.

Like I said, I could go on for hours about all the real-life stretching we do to make these profiles more interesting than just "the best tree" or "the best spider".

The problem is, nothing the Sun can output would ever break into 4-A, let alone 3-A.

"In its lifetime" = "In the Sun's lifetime", not CO's

IRL laws just prove my point even further. You can only rely on actual stats, that's why we don't slap Omnipresent speed on CH's profile.

Agnaa said:
No they certainly can't. Poisons don't combine like they do in profiles. Speed in body lengths cannot be scaled up. Bark cannot have properties of every single piece of bark, as their properties are from the ratios of the materials that comprise them, so combining them would change their effects.

Like I said, I could go on for hours about all the real-life stretching we do to make these profiles more interesting than just "the best tree" or "the best spider".
everyone of those isnt really physically impossible, it just needs a lot of explaining. combining power by duplicating it will never and can never happen irl. its sort of a strawman

Like I said, if the only place you want to apply real life laws to these profiles would be CO's duplication, then we could figure out a calc for that. How much of the sun's energy and the energy of all the life on Earth we could use. I just prefer to take things to their logical conclusion, and it's weird to me that you'd be fine with ignoring how reality works for every other aspect of combined profiles, but not for CO's duplication.

Duplication is an actual stat. CH isn't omnipresent because there isn't any human that exists in every place at once, nor would the best aspects of every human combined be enough to have an omnipresent being.

@Unimportantalt No, all of those are physically impossible. You can't have a toxin with the effects of one chemical with the speed of another chemical simply by using both at the same time, poison's effects manifest due to what parts of the body they interact with and how they do it, this includes a poison's speed.

CH isn't omnipresent because there aren't any humans with that ability, and CO isn't universal because it'd be impossible for it to draw enough energy to duplicate that much.

Combined energy of the Solar System is not even 4-A. It can't draw enough energy to do it.

Also, he'd only draw a portion at a time.

So can thing regenerate and duplication or is there not enough energy to do that? This is going to be a pretty lame profile when it cannot use any of its powers because it doesn't have the energy to do so.

He can regenerate and duplicate. But he will never reach 3-A, since he needs an energy source to duplicate. Once that runs out, I guess.

Kepekley23 said:
He can regenerate and duplicate. But he will never reach 3-A, since he needs an energy source to duplicate. Once that runs out, I guess.
I agree with it not being 3-A but how much energy will it take to regenerate or duplication once (because i'm 90% sure the sun doesn't produce enough energy to allow this thing to take a single step)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back