• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Organism Part 4: Civil War Saga

it's poison and spore also somehow give you both hypersensitivity and hyposensitivity............. but it could just affect different parts of the body?

Agnaa, am I need to defend you here? :D

Guys, give me some time because I have some additions to abilities; not new abilities, but additions to minor Transmutation and possibly other abilities.

Should I put Weather Manipulation? Just kidding.

Hl3 or bust said:
this things best bet at these sizes is to basically surround a star, then shoot of a tether to the nearest one, and never really build up is one area.

i'm also fairly certain that there is nowhere near enough mass in the observable universe to have a decent affect of the expansion of the universe.

it being larger than the observable universe is in all directions, like a massive sphere (like 2kx larger than the obseravble universe after 10 seconds of growth, asuming that the laws of physics don't instantly kill this thing), likely being solid.
that. THAT.

I don't think removing abilities off profiles based off pure controversy is a wise idea. If it doesn't adhere to guidelines, isn't well supported, then sure, but just a few people being angry at it doesn't mean it should be removed.

It's a good idea especially when the ability is too not making any sense

Exactly, CO could do the same and not combine if it would cause it to collapse under its own weight. It has the intelligence of every scientist throughout history to calculate how much it can merge together before collapsing, and every strategian throughout history to figure out when it's strategically viable to do so.

Because whale bodies aren't designed to be on land. I believe some dinosaurs were larger than whales and survived on land perfectly fine.

NO dinosaurs is bigger than whale, and the reason why whale is the biggest creature on the planet is because whale live under water where gravity have less effect than on the land.

Exactly, like I said, CO would only be country-level when it can stretch out to other solar systems to harvest from. But if it's thin as paper and long as a galaxy, then next second it would be 8333 papers thin, then 8333*8333 papers thin the next second, and so on.

Ok how any of that happen?

CO was downgraded because body lengths were extrapolated to higher sizes. RIght now we are still saying that a colony of trees weighing 6000 tons can move at the speed of a falcon. Many other abilities on this profile and other composite profiles work this way (take something that only works for small organisms and pretend it would work on a larger version if it was composite).

Pretty sure we agree with this:

A composite being isn't "We take a termite and make it mushroom sized", it's "Non-descript being has the speed of a termite and the body mass of a mushroom".

Right now we just take a tick who have resistance to high gravity and then make it Pando tree size.

CO's poison and CT's sap and poisons from multiple other composite profiles already break how reality works. If you take a poison that makes you cough in 2 minutes, and a poison that kills you in 48 hours and combine them, you don't get a poison that kills in 2 minutes, yet absurd logic like that is used across composite profiles.

Then this need to be take as well, so now you will only cough in 2 minutes and then died in 48 hours

pretty sure that there are venoms that ohk in minutes. That was made because elsewere there will be a spam of CRTs each time someone finds a new venom, I guess. BTW, can't we stop debating non-existant problems and try to make this a profile? Because if they move it to JBW it will never fight kars, in fact it will never fight anyone. We would just make it tier "-Aleverse++xairfgbc72t7b3q4i9374898127r27brc23823cb27223bc842 via memes" and AP "true incinvincible mop because you can't prove it isn't." All of this will be useless. so first we have to persuade ad nauseam ant or another bureucrat and then we will continue debating.

Yes there are venom who can kill you in minutes, its just an example.

can't we stop debating non-existant problems and try to make this a profile? Because if they move it to JBW it will never fight kars, in fact it will never fight anyone. We would just make it tier.

Brah CO wank potential is immense, it's far from non-existant problems ..and this is all for nothing if they deleted this profile anyway.

Agnaa said:
Exactly, CO could do the same and not combine if it would cause it to collapse under its own weight. It has the intelligence of every scientist throughout history to calculate how much it can merge together before collapsing, and every strategian throughout history to figure out when it's strategically viable to do so.
Hl3 or bust said:
this things best bet at these sizes is to basically surround a star, then shoot of a tether to the nearest one, and never really build up is one area.

I'm also fairly certain that there is nowhere near enough mass in the observable universe to have a decent affect of the expansion of the universe.

it being larger than the observable universe is in all directions, like a massive sphere (like 2kx larger than the obseravable universe after 10 seconds of growth, assuming that the laws of physics don't instantly kill this thing), likely being solid.
this, again. Non-existant problem. Also, I just realized that wank means m********e. "CO m********e potential is immense"

Alrighty, when I get home from school illI refute some points made in regards to the counter presented to my argument, and I will try my best to help make CO and actual composite instead of the confusing mess it is now. I think whoever is available should start presenting ideas on how CO should be. For example what it's actual form will be, which species are we using for intelligence, what virus we will use, singular things like that, one of each thing and that single one will have to be the best at what it does, so a lot of CO is going to have to go. This is the best way to be productive and move foward which is what this thread has lacked (productivity that is).

TheNarwhalKing said:
For example what it's actual form will be, which species are we using for intelligence, what virus we will use, singular things like that, one of each thing and that single one will have to be the best at what it does, so a lot of CO is going to have to go. This is the best way to be productive and move foward which is what this thread has lacked (productivity that is).
I think this is kinda unnecessary because instead of make it simple, CO will just become more complex than before..plus we will automatically use the smartest Human possible for CO intelligent and composite virus for CO virus.

That's the thing though composite virus is mutiple viruses in one and it only works because it is meant to be a mix of several different viruses, CO supposed to be one of every species into a singular being. What we've been doing is making a pseudo combined profile.

It's a good idea when the ability is not too making any sense.

By sense do you mean "common sense"? Since nothing about CO works with common sense. If you mean "doesn't adhere to the procedure by which we dervice CO's abilities" then that's a valid reason to remove an ability.

NO dinosaurs is bigger than whale.

Right, I looked it up and the largest dinosaur was a third the weight of a blue whale, but there are dinosaurs that have been the same length, but I could still imagine an animal weighing more than that by having extremely sturdy bones, whale bodies are designed for lower gravity, of course they'd collapse under normal gravity.

Ok how any of that happen?

By dispersing spores in both directions that regenerate.

Right now we just take a tick who have high resistance to gravity and then make it Pando size.

You're also advocating for taking a falcon who has a high speed and then making it Pando size for the AP calculations. The reason why the tick and the falcon are allowed, while the mite's speed in body lengths isn't is because body lengths were used for a measurement, rather than the absolute power.

Anyway, I've never said that we need a tick's gravity resistance for CO to be universal, it could simply be distributed.

Then this will need to be taken as well, so you will only cough in 2 minutes and die in 48 hours.

I'm not sure if we're in a position to revise an established trend in profiles seemingly verified by staff. If you post a CRT for that change here I'll post supporting the change.

CO is supposed to be one of every species into a singular being. What we've been doing is more a pseudo combined profile.

That's not how other composite/combined profiles have worked. You take the best attribute of everything under that category and combine it into one being, the difference with combined is that it stacks the stats. It's the difference between creating a being with the abilities of everything (composite) and a being which is everything stitched together and with all of their abilities (combined).

Alrighty now that I'm on my pc I can share my thoughts properly.

• That's not how other composite/combined profiles have worked. You take the best attribute of everything under that category and combine it into one being, the difference with combined is that it stacks the stats. It's the difference between creating a being with the abilities of everything (composite) and a being which is everything stitched together and with all of their abilities (combined).*
That's what I meant, but typing on my phone early in th emorning is a nightmare.

There may be organisms that can survive without oxygen but still recquire some form of gas to live, and if you're talking about the water bear they enter a state where they do literally nothing and that isn't useful in combat at all.

• No, my idea was that it would use a combination of sunlight and devouring everything else on Earth as fuel. I can do some calculations later, but I have no doubts that the combined methods of energy extraction could pull country-level energy out of Earth, which is all it needs to be able to reach nearby star systems, not to mention the energy it could pull from those stars and planets.*
Alright asssuming it can gain enough energy to reach stars it would not matter since it either can't move in space or suffocates.

• What limit do you have on its size? Do you think it will be unable to duplicate even once?*
This is why duplication is a pretty big problem, we need to find out just how much energy it would take to dulpicate, i'm not against duplication but it needs to be backed by some kind of reasoning or evidence.

There may be organisms that can survive without oxygen but still recquire some form of gas to live

This is just wrong. Gas it not a necessity for life, only energy is, and possibly carbon.

Alright assuming it can gain enough energy to reach stars it would not matter since it either can't move in space or it suffocates.

It wouldn't suffocate, there are organismst that can survive in space, more than just water bears. I conceivd of it moving by having spores regenerate outwards in the direction of movement, constructing a tether to other places.

We need to find out just how much energy it would take to duplicate.

I could probably make some high-ball estimates for this on the weekend.

• This is just wrong. Gas it not a necessity for life, only energy is, and possibly carbon.*
Alright I concede there after researching for a bit.

• It wouldn't suffocate, there are organismst that can survive in space, more than just water bears. I conceivd of it moving by having spores regenerate outwards in the direction of movement, constructing a tether to other places.*
After researching even harder I would have to concede here as well. Since there are bacteria that can survive in space just fine.

• I could probably make some high-ball estimates for this on the weekend.*
It would probbably be better if you did some low balls, but your effort is greatly appreciated nonetheless.

Okay, I think we should move on from the duplication part since it seems to have made some progress. Does anyone have suggestions on what needs to be adressed next?

By sense do you mean "common sense"? Since nothing about CO works with common sense. If you mean "doesn't adhere to the procedure by which we dervice CO's abilities" then that's a valid reason to remove an ability.

You're also advocating for taking a falcon who has a high speed and then making it Pando size for the AP calculations. The reason why the tick and the falcon are allowed, while the mite's speed in body lengths isn't is because body lengths were used for a measurement, rather than the absolute power.

Huh? we use the speed of falcon with body mass of a Pando, not falcon who at the size of pando since we will get ridiculously faster speed and stronger AP if we using falcon at that size, so yeah it's doesn't make sense even for CO standard.

Right, I looked it up and the largest dinosaur was a third the weight of a blue whale, but there are dinosaurs that have been the same length, but I could still imagine an animal weighing more than that by having extremely sturdy bones, whale bodies are designed for lower gravity, of course they'd collapse under normal gravity.

I don't understand what is your point, gravity is what limiting all organisme to not grow to the size of godzilla, and gravity is also the reason why no dinosaour can become as large as whale and not due to lack of extremely sturdy bones.

By dispersing spores in both directions that regenerate.

Explain, how CO will ever have enough energy to do that.

I'm not sure if we're in a position to revise an established trend in profiles seemingly verified by staff. If you post a CRT for that change here I'll post supporting the change.

This Thread is about composite organime to begin with, we can discuss this right here and now, plus Co is was more compex than any other composite profiles too.

I'd be doing highballs since I'd be overestimating the energy required, and underestimating the energy it could harvest from around it.

Huh? we use the speed of falcon with body mass of a Pando, not falcon who at the size of pando since we will get ridiculously faster speed and stronger AP if we using falcon at that size, so yeah it's doesn't make sense even for CO standard.

By "making it pando sized" I meant mass wise. This is a falcon at the weight of a Pando, which wouldn't work realistically, Pando weighs 6000kg. We would only get ridiculously faster speed and stronger AP if we used body length measurements for the falcon's speed and applied it to the size.

I don't understand what is your point, gravity is what limiting all organisme to not grow to the size of godzilla, and gravity is also the reason why no dinosaour can become as large as whale and not due to lack of extremely sturdy bones.

Gravity can be overcome by stronger bones. What's limiting organisms from being godzilla size is there isn't a strong enough evolutionary pressure on organisms to grow that large.

Explain, how CO will ever have enough energy to do that.

I'll do a more in-depth exploration of this on the weekend, but CO can grow to be universal-length while only having Moon-level AP. I'd expect that with a reach across the universe's stars and planets, it should be able to harvest enough thermal/kinetic/light energy to power expanding another 8333 or so times.

This Thread is about composite organime to begin with, we can discuss this right here and now

Right, it's about CO, a rules change which downgrades all other composite profiles should be in its own thread.

• fight between this mosnster and karz starts
  • kars ******* instantly dies becuase of the storm of spores and poison
  • even if he doesnt, CO grows to the size of the earth adn just eats him

Hl3 or bust said:
*fight between this mosnster and karz starts
  • kars ******* instantly dies becuase of the storm of spores and poison
  • even if he doesnt, CO grows to the size of the earth adn just eats him
Oh, and Kars' Absorption might be not fast enough to absorb CO because it's slime mold. But I'm not sure.

I think vs Kars would be a stomp, CO would regenerate and duplicate too quickly for Kars to bring down. There's not much CO could do to Kars at this point; his anti-organism enzyme cells would likely foil any attempts to kill him from poison/disease, but CO should definitely be able to throw him into the sun eventually.

It's a shame CO can't break the infinite barrier of 3-A to fight on level with the low 2-C Novel Kars

I mean, when it's tactically viable it might be able to do it, but I kind of think it won't be able to get anywhere near the densities needed for that, even when it is larger than the observable universe.

However, when that is a viable strategy to do, every strategian throughout history would be giving their knowledge to CO on when to do that, and they'd also plan to shoot some spore far enough to not get caught by the black hole.

So, we're going to have fifth part of Composite Organism discussion? Well, say goodbye to me.

I see no need for haste as long as we're making progress. We still need to figure out its range, explore its duplication more (as this is a VERY controversial point, we can't just add it with the little discussion we've had now), and add more abilities from other organisms, as well as trimming the fat on the abilities it currently has.

Anyways, the fifth part of Composite Organism will be named Composite Organism Part 5: Duplication Saga (or Truth Saga). Somebody should contact experts of the Real World and calc group!

Composite Organism Part 5: Explanation Saga is the better name, however. Because Enhanced Senses, Duplication, Range, etc.

I tried searching, but I couldn't find any numbers on how much energy it takes for cells to grow, but according to reddit, a tree uses 4,500 calories a day for biomass production. But with further searching I couldn't find out what type of tree this was talking out, or even how much biomass is produced by any tree in a day.

Right now I'm thinking about taking the amount of calories stored within some meat, then multiplying that by ~15 to account for how little energy can be extracted from that when eating, then using how many cells would be in that much meat to get energy to grow one cell, possibly with comparisons from other types of meat to see if I can get close to an average. Then I'd use those numbers of energy requirements for growing CO.

Anyone got better ideas?

RRTheEndMan said:
we should make one last recap and then add it
Right! We should complete the profile for Composite Organism and finally add it to main wiki. Part 5 will end the discussion... I promise!

Anyways, I have some tasty abilities for Composite Organism...

DMB 1 said:
So, where are we now with this... Abomination of a creature?
The last 200-300 posts were largely arguing about whether it should have Regenerationn or not, whether the profile should be moved to JBW or not, and whether it duplicating to tier 3-A in 13 seconds should be usable or not.

Back