• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Organism Part 4: Civil War Saga

pistol shrimp, and that basically creates an extremely small ball of plasma, seen as a bubble if i'm correct, which then collapses, and creates a small sonic boom, basically killing the targeted fish instantly, and if we scaled it to pando size, it would probably be will into relativistic if not FTL, but that probably wouldn't work.

Hl3 or bust said:
pistol shrimp, and that basically creates an extremely small ball of plasma, seen as a bubble if i'm correct, which then collapses, and creates a small sonic boom, basically killing the targeted fish instantly, and if we scaled it to pando size, it would probably be will into relativistic if not FTL, but that probably wouldn't work.
holy shit, you serious?

whatever it creates, it's about as hot as the surface of the sun, and the scaling (again) probably won't go through.

Hl3 or bust said:
sound and heat manip are already included, and that's Real Life so no FTL

RRTheEndMan said:
sound and heat manip are already included, and that's Real Life so no FTL
Don't forget about relativistic effects! ^_^

******* organic relativistic weapon

normal PS creates a 218 decibel sound (at maximum) and ,assuming that PSs arn't signifigantly heavier than normal shrimps, there are around 18 in 1 pound (or 40 per kg)

pando's weight in pounds is 13227735.73 (6000000 kg)

13227735.73*18 = 238099243.14 (108000000 kg)

so the sound is 2.381 million times louder, and every 10 deicibels is 10x louder

so the sound would be at around 278 decibels (i think thats about 1000000 louder than the saturn V at close range).

(not inculding relativistic affects, which i know jack shit about)

(this also may or may not be completely wrong)

Hl3 or bust said:
******* organic relativistic weapon

normal PS creates a 218 decibel sound (at maximum) and ,assuming that PSs arn't signifigantly heavier than normal shrimps, there are around 18 in 1 pound

pando's weight in pounds is 13227735.73

13227735.73*18 = 238099243.14

so the sound is 2.381 million times louder, and every 10 deicibels is 10x louder

so the sound would be at around 278 decibels (i think thats about 1000000 louder than the saturn V at close range).

(not inculding relativistic affects, which i know jack shit about)

(this also may or may not be completely wrong)
Can someone translate it in kg?

Hl3 or bust said:
if the calculator i was using was correct, that is high-end town level AP
I would like to see others' opinions. Is pistol shrimp able to survive his own sound?

for some reason i just imagine this thing growing a huge spore claw hundreds of miles away from it's main body and useing this attack and only barely being out of the "instant death via literal vaporization/melting via heat" range.

it means the sound intensity of a stun grenade at 2,63928017 light minutes of distance, if there were enougth distance and air

so the sound alone circles the earith several thousand times, and probably kills way more than the original blast.

RRTheEndMan said:
it means the sound intensity of a stun grenade at 2,63928017 light minutes of distance, if there were enougth distance and air
that with the decibel I calced, may be wrong because I'm not a sound expert and I used wikipedia's formulas. We will likely need some calc group imput, also for the town level AP that seems outa nowhere because pressure isn't interchangable with AP

The worst part about all of this is that this doesn't take into account any possible growth that occurs, and if that "8333x size per second" thing is correct, it only takes a few seconds to get from prion size to pando size, and then planet size (although it almost definitely wouldn't live past this point or even close to this point) in like less than a minute.

Hl3 or bust said:
The worst part about all of this is that this doesn't take into account any possible growth that occurs, and if that "8333x size per second" thing is correct, it only takes a few seconds to get from prion size to pando size, and then planet size (although it almost definitely wouldn't live past this point or even close to this point) in like less than a minute.
And duplication.

at this point this ****** would literally eat the earth in like 10 seconds (and actually get nutrients form it due to lithovory and chemosynthesis)

actually, assuming this thing didn't instantly die of cancer, starvation, asphixiation, explosive decommpression, extreme cold/heat, it's own gravitational pull, etc., after ten seconds, assuming that duplication didn't set it for a while and that it does increase in size be around 8333 times per second, after 10 seconds it would be about 1.6e30 meters in size (likely across, as it the spores/pollen/self-impregnating fruit would probably fly out in all directions)

Hl3 or bust said:
actually, assuming this thing didn't instantly die of cancer, starvation, asphixiation, explosive decommpression, extreme cold/heat, it's own gravitational pull, etc., after ten seconds, assuming that duplication didn't set it for a while and that it does increase in size be around 8333 times per second, after 10 seconds it would be about 1.6e30 meters in size (likely across, as it the spores/pollen/self-impregnating fruit would probably fly out in all directions)
Which is comparable to?

So it's about what I thought, that within a few seconds its tier would at least be moon-sized, assuming that we're taking energy into account as a cap for its duplication.

The power of the sun won't be enough to sustain a sufficiently large CO. Consider if it was the size of the observable universe, the sun alone wouldn't be able to give it enough energy to expand to that size

Agnaa said:
The power of the sun won't be enough to sustain a sufficiently large CO. Consider if it was the size of the observable universe, the sun alone wouldn't be able to give it enough energy to expand to that size
How about the quadrillions of star across the entire Universe?

DMB 1 said:
How about the quadrillions of star across the entire Universe?
CO would need to adapt in order to use the energy of other stars... 2 or 4 minutes will be enough to adapt.

And he can eat the soil of planets to gain energy

• note I find 3-A CO stupid but I still think energy probably isn't the problem with it

Those stars don't give off enough energy due to how far away it is.

imo for CO to become 3-A it would need to consume the Earth, and then stretch out in a direction using that energy from the Earth as well as the energy from the sun to attempt to reach other planets, then devour those and head off to other solar systems.

If energy isn't the problem with it, then what is?

RRTheEndMan said:
1 Immunity
2 The frikkin' power of the su
3 can survive in space
4 wtf is that
5-6 resitance
how the **** do you resist your own gravitational pull when you're larger than the observable universe?

it powering itself at these sizes is impossible for several reasons, but at 3-4 seconds of size increasing it's basically a living dyson sphere, since that would likely be far more effiecient then just eating the sun or other stars.

"How the **** do you resist your own gravitational pull when you're larger than the observable universe?"

Well there are small organisms that can resist X# of G's, so if you scale that up to a CO the size of the universe it will be able to survive millions and millions and millions and millions of times more G's. /s

For more serious stuff, taking the earlier low-end calc of High 8-C (3511133568 joules) and multiplying it by 8333^3 (number of COs after 3 seconds assuming CO can unleash 1 million spores per second, each of which can regenerate 1/120th of their full size per second), gives 2.03x10^22 joules, or the high end of Low 6-B. It then increases by roughly 4-5 orders of magnitude per second, so after 4 seconds it's at High 6-A, 5 seconds and it's 5-C, 6 seconds and it's at 5-A.

I'd personally cap it at around 5-6 seconds, until someone can demonstrate that at those sizes it would be able to reach other planets.

Agnaa said:
"How the **** do you resist your own gravitational pull when you're larger than the observable universe?"
Well there are small organisms that can resist X# of G's, so if you scale that up to a CO the size of the universe it will be able to survive millions and millions and millions and millions of times more G's. /s

For more serious stuff, taking the earlier calc of High 8-C (3511133568 joules) and multiplying it by 8333^3 (number of COs after 3 seconds assuming CO can unleash 1 million spores per second, each of which can regenerate 1/120th of their full size per second), gives 2.03x10^22 joules, or the high end of Low 6-B. It then increases by roughly 4-5 orders of magnitude per second, so after 4 seconds it's at High 6-A, 5 seconds and it's 5-C, 6 seconds and it's at 5-A.

I'd personally cap it at around 5-6 seconds, until someone can demonstrate that at those sizes it would be able to reach other planets.
The verse-soloer.

I think speed needs to be revised. Peregrine falcon only reaches those speeds through a dive, and it's normal flight speed is comparable to that of a pigeons, and the faster pigeons only manage to break 40.2336 m/s.

I just remembered composite pages use the best of everything while not including the negatives (or atleast that's what it says on the composite humans page); that means it would have limitless stamina due to virus and/or bacteria and thus possibly won't run out of energy.

Stamina =/= Energy

Stamina is for HOW LONG you can do something, energy is how much "work" I can do. For example, despite the fact that we humans can get a lot of energy constantly eating, we can't run 100 km, not because we don't have enough energy (we are constantly eating in this scenario), but because we don't have enough stamina

TheNarwhalKing said:
I think speed needs to be revised. Peregrine falcon only reaches those speeds through a dive, and it's normal flight speed is comparable to that of a pigeons, and the faster pigeons only manage to break 40.2336 m/s.
I agree..we need to use normal flight speed.

TriforcePower1 said:
Stamina =/= Energy

Stamina is for HOW LONG you can do something, energy is how much "work" I can do. For example, despite the fact that we humans can get a lot of energy constantly eating, we can't run 100 km, not because we don't have enough energy (we are constantly eating in this scenario), bu because we don't have enough stamina
That was a really nicely explained and calm answer; I'm genuinely surprised I thank you for that explanation.

TheNarwhalKing said:
I used transonic tail

Back