• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Organism Part 4: Civil War Saga

For speed I think we should use the "white throated needletail" since it appears to be the fastest flight speed bird and fastest animal without a dive with a speed of 46.939 m/s

I would be okay with "higher with a dive" but it's base speed for sure needs to be changed. When i get on my computer later illI check out that tail speed since it seems a lil fast for an animal to do

Actually just reading doesn't seem like it's a very reliable feat. While they replicated the bone structure nothing else was taken into account. First we don't know how hard the real thing would've smacked with it's tail. Secondly the materials used aren't even a flesh substitute it's metal, and that could impact how fast the tail could actually be smacked with. Third since metal was used we don't know how a fleshy tail would react to the impact or if it could even withstand the impact if it could without internal damage. The tail combat speed should be removed imo.

Agnaa said:
I'd personally cap it at around 5-6 seconds, until someone can demonstrate that at those sizes it would be able to reach other planets.
ass-uming 5,78634262E22 COs, pando has a volume of 15000000 cubic meters (it weights 6000 tons(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree)) it is made of a light(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populus_tremuloides#Uses) wood and it seems that lightest wood (aside from the super-light balsa) are around 0.4 tons/cubic meter (https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wood-density-d_40.html) so its volume is 6000/0.4 aequalis 15000 cubic meters) and so the total volume would be 15000*5,78634262E22 aequalis 8,67951393E26 cubic meters. Proxima Centauri is from pluto 3,9736194E16 m and so by creating a cylinder with a base radius of 83383,4062 m (double a marathon) CO would technically be able to reach another star. someone should really make ultra slowed down growth CO simulator.

There's also that 8km long clonal colony of sea grass. So would this mean that there would only need to be around 5E12 CO instances to each the 4E16m away Proxima Centauri, and consume that solar system for extra growth, which would only take 3 seconds for CO to reach.

Is CO actually going to reach 3-A?

So, assuming that each CO is 8km long from clonal sea grass, we get that you'd need 1182591250 or around 1.2 billion COs per light year. There are 55 star systems within 17 light years of ours, so there'd need to be around 20 billion COs to be able to reach all of them. It would take a little under 3 seconds for there to be that many COs, and at that point it would only be 6-B (it would still be able to grow many orders of magnitude larger just from the Earth itself).

I'm starting to think CO would casually be 3-C.

To have bottom-end Galactic range there would need to be 6x10^13 COs, just over 3 seconds and within High 6-A. Bottom-end intergalactic range would need 3x10^15 COs, just under 4 seconds and still within High 6-A. Universal range would need 6x10^19 of them, just under 5 seconds and at tier 5-C. From here CO should be able to harvest all the energy it can from the observable universe and beyond until it gets 3-A by sheer size, which would happen around 11 seconds in.

The assumptions I used for growth to arrive at these numbers were outlined earlier in post 331. Exponential growth is insane.

EDIT: @TheNarwhalKing CO would only have country-level energy at the point where it can reach Proxima Centauri, do you think there isn't country-level energy available in the solar system? If there are other limitations, please point them out so I can take them into account.

Primaris Brian said:
Anyway since this is probably not gonna end soon and there are not much else to be discuss..
So are we going to use real time speed on how fast CO can regen or replicate itself? or universal time on how smaller being can do it and scale it to Pando size CO but just completely ignoring scaling from bacteria/virus? because you know CO can grow out of control since bacteria/virus can replicate itself quite fast and its kinda too imposible for Pando size creature to replicated as fast as virus(and other reason that you guys can think)..or go all out and use bacteria/virus replication and applied it to Pando size CO because reason..

First of all space is a concern, without oxygen this thing is going it die period, secondly CO doesn't have infinite energy, growing constantly at that size will for sure kill it really quickly since it's using itself as fuel. You may say it can just use sunlight to fuel itslef but the efficiency of photosynthesis is around 6% which means 94% of energy from the sun will be lost to other factors so there is no concievable way CO can grow unfathomably bigger than what it already is.

The only way CO can do that if CO is fighting in universe size planet(which is possiblle if OP of the match say so) and we use bacteria/virus replication and applied it to full size CO...

It will if you use how much energy bacteria/virus will need to replicate and then applied it to full size CO..Also just for note, I don't like this idea because the potential wank is immense.

I don't like the idea either that's why I'm putting it down before it gets out of hand. Even if it were to get to that size it would die, the output of energy would be greater than what it has, that right there is against the laws of physics you can't give more energy than what you're physically capable of. Also can someone please tell me what form CO is taking reading through everything isn't going too well for me.

I have to go to bed right now, but before I do. Antvasima said we cannot make a composite organism page because it would be to hard to judge its power and these past 4 thread prove it; we have contradicted every other composite page (a composite organism would regen as fast as a virus because we use the best of every organism (but the other side of the argument has also gotten a lot wrong)), but I think we should just move this thing to joke battle wiki and be done with it since I don't thnik it should be on this wiki in the first place.

Keeweed said:
I have to go to bed right now, but before I do. Antvasima said we cannot make a composite organism page because it would be to hard to judge its power and these past 4 thread prove it; we have contradicted every other composite page (a composite organism would regen as fast as a virus because we use the best of every organism (but the other side of the argument has also gotten a lot wrong)), but I think we should just move this thing to joke battle wiki and be done with it since I don't thnik it should be on this wiki in the first place.
I dont care, if we can eventually figure this out then why not?

While I disagree with Ants decision we have to respect it. Real bummer tho especially since Joke battle wiki isn't even fun whatsoever since it's literally a joke wiki. Oh well what can you do, it's been fun guys, and in my opinion this was one of the more intresting things going on here. I guess it's for the best though this thing would've been wanked left and right anyway.

btw thats not how the body should have worked it would be the best specimen fit to be the fighter for example it could have been a turtle with all those abilities.

TheNarwhalKing said:
"Without oxygen this thing is going it die period." There are many organisms that can survive in space, as well as ones that can survive without oxyge .

"Secondly CO doesn't have infinite energy, growing constantly at that size will for sure kill it really quickly since it's using itself as fuel." No, my idea was that it would use a combination of sunlight and devouring everything else on Earth as fuel. I can do some calculations later, but I have no doubts that the combined methods of energy extraction could pull country-level energy out of Earth, which is all it needs to be able to reach nearby star systems, not to mention the energy it could pull from those stars and planets.

"there is no conceivable way CO can grow unfathomably bigger than what it already is." What limit do you have on its size? Do you think it will be unable to duplicate even once?

I'm neutral on it getting moved to joke battle wiki or not. However, I think these problems exist, just not as obviously, in the other composite threads, and that we would be able to sort this thing's abilities out given sufficient time and direction.

Agnaa said:
I'm neutral on it getting moved to joke battle wiki or not. However, I think these problems exist, just not as obviously, in the other composite threads, and that we would be able to sort this thing's abilities out given sufficient time and direction.
I mean maybe we can sort this thing out but I'm pretty sure we've gone in circles multiple times. Also Jokes battles was just the first thing that I thought of, since there are actual vs battles pages on the site (scp-001 still has a page on the jokes battles and looked exactly the same to this sites before the recent upgrades), but we can put it on any wiki, I guess even this one if we get together how it works (but I doubt we will).

The reason why we keep gone in circles multiple times is because our current rules for composite profiles is unfit for profile as complex as CO..which is why i ask my question above..Come on, after all of this i dont want CO profiles to deleted in its first couple of matches because CO cause way too many controversy on how CO duplication works.

^ I don't want it to be deleted either, but I don't know how it should work, since this organism would be way more complex then any other, so I going to leave this thread for a while, and see what happen later

Primaris Brian said:
Anyway since this is probably not gonna end soon and there are not much else to be discuss..
So are we going to use real time speed on how fast CO can regen or replicate itself? or universal time on how smaller being can do it and scale it to Pando size CO but just completely ignoring scaling from bacteria/virus? because you know CO can grow out of control since bacteria/virus can replicate itself quite fast and its kinda too imposible for Pando size creature to replicated as fast as virus(and other reason that you guys can think)..or go all out and use bacteria/virus replication and applied it to Pando size CO because reason..
We can just skip the duplication process of smaller Organism like Virus.

I'm sorry that I was offline! Is there any changes that I should make?

to solve the (relatively small) problem of where to put stuff like this, i think the best idea is to make a "hypothetical real life" verse, and move all the composite/combined profiles there, along with this and other hypotheticals (like white holes).

Hl3 or bust said:
to solve the (relatively small) problem of where to put stuff like this, i think the bets idea to to make a "hypothetical real life" verse, and move all the composite/combined profiles there, along wiht this and other hypotheticals (like white holes).
Absolutely agreed with you, Hl3 or bust! :D

We've certainly made a lot of progress, but the problem we keep running into is that we run into ambiguous questions without someone to answer them, so we're just stuck shrugging at each other and repeating what the ambiguous question is for a few days until it gets answered. There's also a fair bit of derailing and abilities that aren't really relevant considering other abilities that are there.

I'm willing to try and give things more direction, but right now I think there's more pressing matters than abilities, particularly what cap we're putting on CO's duplication.

@Primaris Brian Like I said earlier, even if CO could replicate at the speed of bacteria, it would almost certainly be slower than just spreading fungus. You'd need to find a bacteria that can split in two and have both grow back to full once every 0.0001 seconds for it to outpace fungus + replication.

When I mean we can just skip the duplication process of smaller Organism, i also mean we can also skip the duplication process of some organisms like fungus, or anything that's too problematic to keep, plus this is True

"How do you resist your own gravitational pull when you're larger than the observable universe?"

Plus the organisms who can survive very high gravity is can do that because they are small, if they become bigger then they will lose their own gravity resistance..For example No insect will become superman if they are the size of human.

i'd say the maximum effective size is about enough to be a living dyson sphere, maybe with a sort of tether connecting to alpha centari, but any larger and it will collapse into a star or maybe even a black hole.

So you're suggesting ignoring abilities which we deem too powerful?

"How do you resist your own gravitational pull when you're larger than the observable universe?"

Consider how the observable universe resists its own gravitational pull. By being distributed (I imagined tethers from planets/solar systems/galaxies where it then grows, later reforming if needed) and having it counteracted by inflation.

If you're far away from the center of mass, then the gravitational force is weakened, only the smaller inner-portion would need to resist substantial gravitational force. Also, it likely won't turn into a black hole, since that's based on density, and CO wouldn't be that dense unless it wants to be.

Also, if you think that things only have their attributes due to their size, then CO's AP and dura would need to be recalc'd.

this things best bet at these sizes is to basically surround a star, then shoot of a tether to the nearest one, and never really build up is one area.

i'm also fairly certain that there is nowhere near enough mass in the observable universe to have a decent affect of the expansion of the universe.

it being larger than the observable universe is in all directions, like a massive sphere (like 2kx larger than the obseravble universe after 10 seconds of growth, asuming that the laws of physics don't instantly kill this thing), likely being solid.

So you're suggesting ignoring abilities which we deem too powerful?

Too controversy

Consider how the observable universe resists its own gravitational pull. By being distributed and having it counteracted by inflation.

Wait what? the universe is not a single giant matter, but consist of bazillions of galaxy with space separated between them, ever hear of if a whale stranded on land then it will die under its own weight?

If you're far away from the center of mass, then the gravitational force is weakened, only the smaller outer-portion would need to resist the gravitational force. Also, it likely won't turn into a black hole, since that's based on density, and CO wouldn't be that dense unless it wants to be.

CO not gonna have planet level durability if it only as thin as paper but as long as galaxy

Also, if you think that things only have their attributes due to their size, then CO's AP and dura would need to be recalc'd.

This is literally the reason why we downgraded CO from mountain level to Tier 8.

Hl3 or bust said:
it being larger than the observable universe is in all directions, like a massive sphere (like 2kx larger than the obseravble universe after 10 seconds of growth, asuming that the laws of physics don't instantly kill this thing), likely being solid.
We have agree that CO will not transcend the laws of physics.

Too controversy

I don't think removing abilities off profiles based off pure controversy is a wise idea. If it doesn't adhere to guidelines, isn't well supported, then sure, but just a few people being angry at it doesn't mean it should be removed.

The universe is not a single giant matter, but consists of bazillions of galaxy with space separated between them.

Exactly, CO could do the same and not combine if it would cause it to collapse under its own weight. It has the intelligence of every scientist throughout history to calculate how much it can merge together before collapsing, and every strategian throughout history to figure out when it's strategically viable to do so.

Ever hear of if a whale stranded on land then it will die under its own weight?

Because whale bodies aren't designed to be on land. I believe some dinosaurs were larger than whales and survived on land perfectly fine.

CO not gonna have planet level durability if it only as thin as paper but as long as galaxy

Exactly, like I said, CO would only be country-level when it can stretch out to other solar systems to harvest from. But if it's thin as paper and long as a galaxy, then next second it would be 8333 papers thin, then 8333*8333 papers thin the next second, and so on.

This is literally the reason why we downgraded CO from mountain level to Tier 8.

CO was downgraded because body lengths were extrapolated to higher sizes. RIght now we are still saying that a colony of trees weighing 6000 tons can move at the speed of a falcon. Many other abilities on this profile and other composite profiles work this way (take something that only works for small organisms and pretend it would work on a larger version if it was composite).

We have agree that CO will not transcend the laws of physics.

CO's poison and CT's sap and poisons from multiple other composite profiles already break how reality works. If you take a poison that makes you cough in 2 minutes, and a poison that kills you in 48 hours and combine them, you don't get a poison that kills in 2 minutes, yet absurd logic like that is used across composite profiles.

Back