• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Organism Part 4: Civil War Saga

Burstchaos said:
Wait, then shouldn't the same apply to the other things like, 'immunity to sound manipulation due to lacking hearing'; then again, I can understand if it is kept but how would this work, can this thing hear or not hear; does it have emotions and mind and blood etc?
Also, these things really need references; where does Gravity Manipulation come from? Is there a creature that can control gravity or something? And, at best, it should be limited GM.
It comes from this bacterium: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracoccus_denitrificans

The speed is still wanked, it's just not wanked as much.

Now instead of assuming that it can move at the same body-lengths no matter its size, weight, armour, etc, it's assuming that it can move at the same m/s no matter its size, weight, armour, etc. Simply from the way that movement is created making something twice as large scaling up each component the same amount won't have it moving at the same speed.

Breaking the sound barrier is supersonic, not transonic.

Scaling up speed to a being weing 6000kg and having multiple other abilities using up its tissue should be unusable for the same reason.

It's not how our composite profiles work. We get the fastest speed ever recorded + the heaviest mass for KE.

Just like you were repeatedly mentioning Composite Tree to justify the use of clonal colonies, I'll mention every composite profile ever.

Oh, so its resistances rather than an attack? Now that think about it, this will probably need its own section for resistances.

The powers and abilities section should probably be: Powers and Abilities: Powers/whatever List them with citations

Resistances: List with citations

However, in this case, the test simply proved that the bacterium was capable of growth under extreme gravity, so it should be 'resistance to gravity increase up to 403,627 times g'.

Another offtopic: Composite Tree's Lifting Strength (Class K) is stupid, just stupid! Does it have some strength to support it's weight? No.

If it's by convention then sure. It just seems weird to me that we'd say that using body-lengths isn't how the real world works as justification for discounting it when scaling up speed with size like that isn't how the real world works either. We don't have an example of another composite profile attempting body-lengths, so I'm curious as to why the line's drawn there. If it's by convention, then sure, it's impossible to provide a great reason to choose one arbitrary convetion over another one, and it's not my choice on which we go with.

Primaris Brian said:
But it's not usable in combat.
Uh... Is Composite Tree having some strength to support it's weight? Edit: I mean, lift it's weight?

Why wouldn't CH be able to move if it weighs 4 or 5x as much, but we think that CO would be able to move weighing something like 50million times as much?

Kepekley23 said:
Oh, that.

Probably because CH would want to actually be able to move, lol
CH is Class 5 in lifting strength, so he should be able to move.

Should I change Large Size (Type 3) to Large Size (Type 2) and Range: several kilometers to Range: hundreds of meters? Because clonal colonies are banned... In that case, CO would be downgraded!

You should change Transonic attack speed with Supersonic attack speed because breaking the sound barrier is supersonic.

@Skalt711 It seems like right now clonal colonies are being allowed, but I think we should wait for a more transparent statement before revising one way or the other.

Therefir said:
You should change Transonic attack speed with Supersonic attack speed because breaking the sound barrier is supersonic.
Nope!

According to Speed, Transonic (Mach 0.9-1.1) (308.7-377.3 m/s)

Out of topic:

Lifting Strength is defined as the mass that an individual can lift. Pushing, pulling, and tearing feats are also considered a part of this statistic. It may or may not be dependent on Striking Strength.

So Supporting its own weight and nothing else doesn't count as Lifting Strength..Tree Lifting Strength need to go.

Therefir said:
Breaking the sound barrier is > Mach 1
Yes, Transonic goes up to Mach 1.1, Supersonic starts at Mach 1.1.

Breaking the sound barrier does not necessarily mean being Mach 1.1.

Mach 1.1 is Supersonic, being superior to mach 1 is supersonic, or that's what I see in the majority of the profiles.

There is a gap between Mach 1 (breaking the sound barrier) and Mach 1.1 (supersonic), this area is called "Transonic". You can be superior to Mach 1 while being inferior to Mach 1.1

Then why the mayority of characters who breaks the sound barrier are supersonic?

Therefir said:
Then why the mayority of characters who breaks the sound barrier are supersonic?
Their feats are slightly higher than just breaking the sound barrier. Perhaps they're shown breaking the sound barrier then going faster. Perhaps their feats are calculated to higher than Mach 1.1 even if the source media only says they broke the sound barrier.

I'm sorry, but... can we move composite Real World profiles to FC/OC VS Battles Wiki? Just curious...

Kepekley23 said:
Because they have calculations to back up their rating.
No, their justifications for being supersonic are for being able to break the sound barrier.

Perhaps some profiles being Supersonic when they should be Transonic is best suited for a separate CRT?

If you're going to do that, you should include relevant profiles, and try to find discussion or the feats themselves for why they were given Supersonic, to see whether it was actually just for breaking the sound barrier or if more went into it.

That's because their feats are slightly higher. Comparing real life to fiction is a no. The Apatosaurus is a real life animal.

Regardless, breaking the sound barrier is a transonic feat.

Anyways, I'll downgrade Large Size (Type 3) to Large Size (Type 2) and Range: several of kilometers to Range: Hundreds of meters because of clonal colonies being banned. I'll reupgrade if clonal colonies are allowed by Kepekley23 and others.

And about AP, SS and Dura of CO without clonal colonies...

Mid-end:

0.5*1910000 kg (wet General Sherma)*(108.184 m/s)^2 = 11177107852,48 joules, which is Large Building level.

High-end:

0.5*3300000 kg (Lindsey Creek tree's mass)*(108.184 m/s)^2 = 19311233462,4 joules, which is Large Building level.

Back