• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human Upgrade to 9-B with Muay Thai

time to raise the lower cap of 9-B, since that tier is for superhuman characters and it must be by default above anything a real life human can do

Overlord775 said:
time to raise the lower cap of 9-B, since that tier is for superhuman characters and it must be by default above anything a real life human can do
20 kJ should be a good floor for 9-B. We were basing ourselves on the weakest anti-material bullets, so now we can use the strongest .50 BMG rounds as a base. .50 BMG's 52 grams "Barnes" round delivers 20 kilojoules of kinetic energy to its target, and I'm pretty sure it'll take a little while before Composite Human is touching that one, too.

But... I think the durability will be a low end of 9-B even then, Overlord.

Actually, we use the weakest variants of the 50 BMG, and even then, owing to its piercing damage, 15 kilojoule still seems to be a safer baseline.

Not to mention that even a Browning M2 can casually blow up heads to smithereens.

I know it's really not that big of an issue, but i don't think listing CH stamina as Peak Human is correct, especially if we consider that the feats listed are impressive and higher than what an athlete or even different animals are capable of (due to the fact that some animals profile have listed High or Superhuman stamina).

I've always thought of "Peak" Human as what a general/normal healthy human can do with great dedication to physical fitness, and guys like Usain Bolt/Dean Karnazes/Mike Tyson/the guy with 8x denser bones as real low-end superhuman mutants (since, you know, they probably are in the actual definition of the term). Like, if 99.999...% of humanity is physically incapable of doing what they could do even if they've devoted their entire lives to it, I'd say that's superhuman in my book.

PlzHalpMi said:
I know it's really not that big of an issue, but i don't think listing CH stamina as Peak Human is correct, especially if we consider that the feats listed are impressive and higher than what an athlete or even different animals are capable of (due to the fact that some animals profile have listed High or Superhuman stamina).
It's interesting that animals would have superhuman stamina, given we have one of the greatest, if not the largest pool of stamina among all lifeforms and can recover it while running.

Yes. We simply shouldn't be Peak Human for this. Even some ordinary people can go on for days in a battlefield without stopping or suffering from adverse conditions.

Well, Stamina doesn't just refers to how much time one can walk or run, but also like muscle resistence, fatigue and/or how much time can still fight for long periods of time or after being injured. I mean even normal humans can still remain conscious after being shot, stabbed or even after breaking a limb.

Stamina actually accounts for that, but many of our profiles are somewhat outdated and don't account for it.

Math is incorrect since the force by decceleration is only applied for a very short distance, not through the entirety of the kick's path prior to it making contact.

With the same methodology used there a simple bullet would have megajoules of energy which is not even remotely realitic.

AguilaR101 said:
Math is incorrect since the force by decceleration is only applied for a very short distance, not through the entirety of the kick's path prior to it making contact.
With the same methodology used there a simple bullet would have megajoules of energy which is not even remotely realitic.
Okay, so the calc is unusable.

But what about upgrading CH's dura? Seeing as even weakened bones require over 9.92 kJ to break if the angle is over 50 degrees and whatnot.

>person survives a fall but breaks most of their bones in what is probably a miraculous combination of coincidences and energy distribution

"Alright, let's upgrade Composite Human"

Surviving something is not tandamount to a durability feat of that level when your entire body breaks as a result. We don't rate children as 9-C in durability because they can take gunshot wounds and survive on occasion, as the bullets still pass straight through them.

Crzer07 said:
Combining Usain Bolt's speed with the heaviest/fattest human would have a KE that puts you into the 9-B.
You can't simultaneously run as fast as Usain Bolt and weigh enough to break both your legs under the stress of your own weight at the same time. Also, it takes much more energy to move something of that weight; Usain Bolt couldn't run remotely as fast as his best if you strapped a several hundred kilos of weight on his back.

Crzer07, while Composite Human has all pinnacle human qualities, they don't have the ability to combine these abilities to get something higher.

CH's weight is ambiguous I think, it shouldn't offer an advantage or disadvantage.

And yeah, every time someone falls from a plane and survives is probably just due to an insane amount of luck with how the impact is distributed, and even then they've got a broken body to deal with.

@AguilaR101

It can still be applied. This method is actually how punch energy for boxers is calculated. While decceleration is an issue, they take that into account when they calculate the force of strike. That's why they don't use peak force from say someone hitting a cinderblock instead though that would give higher instantaneous force.

The problem with the calc is that unlike a punch, there's no real measurement for how long a roundhouse kick's peak force is sustained. I did talk about how I used a sloppy estimate in the calc though and accepted that it might not be accepted because of it. Either way though the calc still doesn't give 9B.

About durability if we really are this skeptical i think it should say something like: "At least Street level+, possibly Wall level" While stamina for CH should be listed as Superhuman considering the feats listed are beyond what most athletes and even animals are capable of.

To be fair, Ch is an amalgamation of the best feats of humanity which would not be possible in real life for one person, besides running for hours and hours is a feats that most athlets or even various animals can't do (especially not producing lactic acid at all, which is ptobably unique genetic thing), and most animal profiles in this wiki classify their stamina as superhuman. That's why i think it should be classified higher that Peak Human, and if not superhuman at least High or Very High.

It's still humanly possible, even if for just one human. It's just... the absolute peak of humanity, fused together in one single being. Calling CH superhuman might even be a discredit to human capability.

I understand that, i know it's not that big of a deal, i just think that classifing that as just Peak human seems an understate, considering feats of stamina less impressive gets classified higher.

Back