• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.10.56 PM
This is probably the first match-up I made on this account, but whatever. This is probably the best "Death Battle" style match-up for Cole since he either stomps or gets stomped by every other similar character.

Who wins and why?

RULES:

InFAMOUS 2 Evil Cole (Base) VS X792 Laxus (High 7-A)

Win by Death or Incapacitatio

In-Character

Speed Equalized

Takes place in Empire City (from inFAMOUS 2 Prologue)

PROFILES & VOTES:

Cole MacGrath: 3 (The Calaca, The Wright Way, PTSOXMONKEY99)

Laxus Dreyar: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Well I'm going to assume Cole can't affect Laxus with lightning, both are incredibly resistant and that's honestly not required for victory

I need to know what Laxus has against neurodrain immediately shutting his body off, Laxus has a 2x AP advantage and skill advantage but outside of both having lightning resistance that's it

Aren't most Fairy Tail characters melee fighters? Cayse that's gonna seriously **** Laxus over if so.

Yes, Cole not only is way more versatile (and IIRC there are some of his powers that bypasses absorption), his neurodrain is lethal to Laxus.

Voting Cole now seriously.

Bypassing absorbtion may have been through repeated attacks on comparable AP, since Laxus is 2x stronger and IIRC he tanked Lightning from a High 6C he should be fine.

That being said, neuro drain screws him hard if he can't avoid it

>Cole vs Laxus

Gets terrible flashbacks to the last thread

Anyway, yeah, Laxus can probably shrug off Cole's lighting attacks due natural resistance plus AP advantage.

Anyway, ionic drain kills. Laxus has no real counter to it.

@Monkey

So do you and Schnee vote for Cole, or are you on the fence? I don't want to add votes unless you guys are sure.

If Laxus is resistant to High 6-C lightning (in this key at least) then he should be immune to Cole's purely electrical attacks like Lightning Bolts. But his attacks that mainly use Magnetism and Kinetic Energy like rockets, grenades and blasts should work just fine.

Also, Ionic Drain insta-kill, unless Laxus can somehow resist it.

Oh lord, this was made again?

Does the drain have the same range as the rest of his lightning spam cuz that is definitely killing Laxus. Since cqc really isn't gonna be a thing afaik, Laxus and Cole rain lightning on each other forever unless drain has a lot of range.

@Calaca

The resistance does scale though. Not like it even matters as Cole is weaker so Laxus would definitely resist.

No it's CQC range

Then again, Laxus going to CQC isn't OOC as he's good at it, eventually Cole stops shooting and Laxus tries to get close

Does whatever Cole is resist the drain? Cuz Laxus' power set would seem just like his own so he might not try if he thinks it'll get resisted. Or has he drained someone like himself at some point which renders this line of thought moot? If he has, then voting Cole for Drain after Laxus hits him a few times.

Cole does resist the drain from David Warner, that said, he can still kill electrician users by touching them with the drain, this one has range

No, but does he need to? Laxus has no resistance to biological manipulation or absorbtion and Cole would try it if he sees nothing else is getting anywhere

I mean, if a something looks like a dog, smells like a dog, sounds like a dog and acts like a dog, any normal person is gonna assume that it can bite like a dog too. Same logic applies here in that if Laxus is doing a bunch of stuff that in Cole's experience is only done by people like himself (I assume as I don't play or know the games) then he would associate the characteristics of said people with the guy whether he is one or not (he obviously isn't but Cole doesn't know that). That's why I asked if he does it to people like himself anyway as he will still use it even if these guys resist.

Most dogs don't actually bite and others have different teeth sets tho.

Of course, manipulating electricity and straight up having your brain turned off are two different things, which Cole will not assume he can do, especially when Laxus gets next to Cole and he has no other option

@Wright Did he?

Plus, Cole's natural resistance to having his electricity drained from him would mean he wouldn't automatically be afraid of a drain.

Yeah, I'm going Cole. Laxus will probably get in close once he sees Cole's resistance to electricity, leaving him vulnerable to an Ionic Drain. Something that Cole is likely to use when pressured by an opponent with high levels of lightning resistance.

No because Kessler would have died if he did that, he just shocked him

It might be more fair after revisions. Laxus is getting upgraded to 4 Gigatons

Interesting enough, when Kessler grabs your face, depending on the karma alignment, the electricity will match that color when he shocks you.

Back