• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Macgrath vs Laxus Dreyar

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not something restricted to him, and he is shown to be smart on multiple occasions. Doesn't mean he can't, because they share the same power, disregarding different elements, they are still dragon slayers through and through.

CNBA3 said:
But not something restricted to him, and he is shown to be smart on multiple occasions. Doesn't mean he can't, because they share the same power, disregarding different elements, they are still dragon slayers through and through.
If a character hasn't shown they can do something, then we assume they can't.

CNBA3 said:
Doesn't mean mean they cannot when anyone can waste all their energy in one go or not
False Equivalency. It's, for all intents and purposes, an ability. Something that people can't normally do. And it's an ability Laxus hasn't shown. There's a trick to using magic in some verses, doesn't mean Cole's gonna start tossing spells around.

And even assuming your right, Cole has projectiles that aren't electric. Meaning he can still kill Laxus while Laxus can't.

Where was it stated to be an ability then? What is the official name of the technique? Because I fail to see how it is? Again, whether it is or not is irrelevant since Dragon Slayers share the same abilities besides Elements, even then some of their elemental attacks are the same even modes they go into. If Cole demonstrates the usage of magic from other verses, then fine, not like it would do him much good in this case.

CNBA3 said:
Where was it stated to be an ability then? What is the official name of the technique? Because I fail to see how it is? Again, whether it is or not is irrelevant since Dragon Slayers share the same abilities besides Elements, even then some of their elemental attacks are the same even modes they go into. If Cole demonstrates the usage of magic from other verses, then fine, not like it would do him much good in this case.
You ignored my point. It's an ability because it's something other people in the verse can't do. What your arguing is the equivalent of saying anyone besides Goku can go Super Saiyan during the Namek Arc because it's a trick you can think of and learn. Dreyar hasn't shown that he can, so he can't. Period.

Slayers share the same abilities based on generation. Saying Laxus can do what Natsu does but with a different element is false. 2nd Gem dont have DF, 3rd Gen can go DF without training for it, 5th gen don't have motion sickness from enhanced senses. The basic abilities are similar but you can't apply everything from one Gen to another unless members of both have shown to have them.

I am not ignoring your point, it is just that it does not matter, and those other people are not dragon slayers. Goku can go into SS with enough saiyen cells plus raw emotions iirc. This is not the same case, if it were then Laxus can since he is stronger than Natsu

Where was it stated that Slayers share the same abilities based on generation, because the only difference in generation is their acquirement of DS magic. even other Dragon Slayers other than 5th gen did not have motion sickness yet they gained it, we do not know how but that is irrelevant to the point

Being stronger doesn't make you more skilled, smarter or better at using your abilities. Natsu coming up with that is a testament to his on the fly and out of the box thinking, not an act of strength.

Why doesn't Vegeta has Precognition listed on his profile unlike Goku? Both of them share skills, experience, powers, race and transformations. So Vegeta should have Precognition for sure since they are both the same, right?

Precog based on Ultra Instinct right? Nothing says that is not available to him when he gets to that point

I don't need to because that's something Vegeta can't do just like Laxus can't use the absorption trick if he doesn't know how to do so.

I will get to them when I can

Plus Laxus takes this

Then that is Goku's own individual skill, nothing similar to what this discussion is about

It's a trick that Laxus has never shown to have, use, or think of. Meaning he can't. That's how debating on this site works. He's not Natsu, prove he can do it.

ok

@1997

I think you missed the part where Cole's lightning kill guys who are resistant and absorb lightning passively. Laxus just absorbed basic lightning that doesn't bypass resistance in those scans. The Natsu discussion is about Laxus using the same method Natsu does to absorb Zancrow's flames but for Cole's lightning.

I just give example of laxus absrobing laxus, and i can't see why laxus can't do same as natsu, and i can't find the lightning resistance negation in his profile. And can't laxus use fairy law(btw i didn't read whole thread

Laxus can but its doubtful that happens before Cole beats him down via superior AP, absorbing all but Fairy Law, lightning that can harm people who absorb/resist it, all the other ways for him to damage Laxus that can't even be argued to resist.

The one time FL got used by him, he was people kept showing up to ruin his plan and pissing him off with their nakama speeches. Laxus never uses it again even against Alvarez so its clearly a last resort technique, if even that, and is his only way to win.

One last resort, extremely ooc win con <<<<<<<<<<<< everything else.

If Laxus can absorb it then it is not something that would hurt him obviously. And he would gain it's benefits from it.

1997KD said:
I just give example of laxus absrobing laxus, and i can't see why laxus can't do same as natsu, and i can't find the lightning resistance negation in his profile. And can't laxus use fairy law(btw i didn't read whole thread
Both Kessler abd David passively absorb any electricity that hits them. Cole killed them with electricity. Also, that goes both ways. The ability to absorb electricity that ignores resistances isn't on Dreyar's profile either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back