• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Macgrath vs Laxus Dreyar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it's not the lightning that's releasing the kinetic energy (because that's not how lighting works), it's the fact that Cole is using electromagnetism to wrap a kinetic charge into a rocket/grenade/shockwave that explodes when it hits a target. Lightning has nothing to do with the attack.

Also calling BS on the kinetic energy resistance bit. That's major wank and you know it.

Prove that with their respective elements being used against them

@PTX, good thing Laxus can eat Electromagnetic energy as well, where was it shown that an attack with their respective element with kinetic energy have any damage to a DS? I know they can cancel out elemental attacks to a degree, but no known damage to them beyond that without a special prefix

Prove that it won't against attacks several times sronger.

Wall who is several times stronger than Laxus while sick and in terrible condition and even made hims stronger

Wall who is several times stronger than Laxus while sick and in terrible condition

Can Wall negate resistance to lightning? No? Well there ya go.

Show me a scan of Laxus eating electromagnetic energy. Because being able to eat lighting /=/ being able to eat electromagnetic forces. It's a completely different can of worms.

Also, assuming that's true, it still doesn't disarm the explosive kinetic charge inside the attack. And shockwaves is literally just a wall of KE

Wall who is several times stronger than Laxus while sick and in terrible condition

With Cole's electricity, especially those Gigawatt Blades, he can, or used Red Lightning which surpasses lightning.

@PTX, In chapter 473, he ate the attack from a rail gun which utilizes electromagnetic energy. Unless those charges are just kinetic energy, absent of electricity, that is a different story.

Even lightning itself is an example of electromagnetism.

With Cole's electricity, especially those Gigawatt Blades, he can

You mean the electricity that bypasses resitances? I'm done. You don't care about logic, you just want your favorite character to win. Someone close this stomp already.

You mean the resistance which can be bypassed by creating a vessel for that kind of electricity? I don't favorites, I just go by what is logically accurate

CNBA3 said:
You mean the resistance which can be bypassed by creating a vessel for that kind of electricity? I don't favorites, I just go by what is logically accurate
Says the guy who repeats debunked arguments and argues for things characters have never shown to do.

CNBA3 said:
I did not see any debunks when counter arguments were made in their place
What counter arguments? Laxus can't eat lightning that negs resistances. He's never shown to.

He can when he empties his magic power to create a vessel for the electricity neg resistance

The energy that Wahl shot at Laxus is clearly electricity. He even mentions how it's electricity and how Laxus is resistant to it in the next scene. Electromagnetism doesn't look like that, it's not like arcs of electricity, its more like waves that can't be properly seen in the normal sense.

And again, it's not the EM that causes the explosion, it's the kinetic energy charge inside of it. So even if Laxus could absorb it (which he can't), he'd still get an explosion of KE right in his face and mouth.

Honestly this should just be closed, we're just going in circle at this point.

And lightning is electromagnetism as it shown subject to magnetism as well. Laxus can absorb it and get it's attributes.

Honestly, I have better things to do at this point, be with family, etc..

Except for the part where you're bringing the same pointless arguments that don't change the outcome. And this was said to be stompish so where's the point in discussions in this thread?

Could say the same for you, at this point it is a merry go round (ha, FT anime joke) the point is still to defend your point with diligence

CNBA3 said:
And lightning is electromagnetism as it shown subject to magnetism as well. Laxus can absorb it and get it's attributes.

Honestly, I have better things to do at this point, be with family, etc..
Lightning isn't electromagnetism in the way you think. It's a completely different can of worms.

Oh sure you do bud. Why else would spend the last 2 hours repeating the same argument?

FT? I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or just trying to troll.

But nevermind.

@Schnee Now you see why I avoid getting my nose in Natsu's threads. Hope the whole verse doesn't get this same topic. Close this already.

"Defend your point with diligence" is one of the worst mindsets to have in a debate for a variety of reasons

@PTX I could say the same thing for you, besides Electromagnetism is the study of electric charge and magnets and their interactions, Lightning is an electrical discharge that travels between two regions.

Schnee One said:
"Defend your point with diligence" is one of the worst mindsets to have in a debate for a variety of reasons
Sometimes it is important in the belief system as well, ex. What is your point with immigration? (Don't answer)

My point is not conceding with certain points and just repeating the same argument over and over instead of bringing up new and different points is the cause of hundreds of pointless flamewars.

Then it would be best to close, because this is what happens when clashing between two ideals does even when presenting new points

That isn't what happens at all

Clash of ideals causes different points, making a debate both sides can understand and come to their own conclusion.

Not a repeat of the same points no one agrees with

It's only that way if people make it that way

CNBA3 said:
Then it would be best to close, because this is what happens when clashing between two ideals does even when presenting new points
You'd have a point if you were actually presenting new points.

CNBA3 said:
The salt is strong with this one

Yes, electromagnetism is the study of how electric currents or fields and magnetic fields interact. But saying lighting = electromagnetism isn't 100% correct. Yeah, lighting is basically an electrostatic discharge between two points, but to say that being able to shoot lighting out your hands is the same as controlling the electromagnetic field is pushing it. At least Cole has statements and explanations to back this up. All Wahl and Laxus has is the name of the attack, following by a discharge of lightning. If it were a real rail gun it would've shot a metal object, not lightning. Idk how Mashima thinks electromagnetism works, but that's not it.

This is what happens when you reject other's opinions regardless of points brought up. It's just mindless noise with nothing getting accomplished.

Guys, stop posting. This is what he wants.

He said he has better things to do and he's still here.

I do not reject other people's views, I simply present counter arguments that can Laxus can use to defeat Cole,

@PTX and they have statements that back up their claims as well with FT elements being real elements as they are part of nature. Thus he would have the ability to manipulate electromagnetic energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back