• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

I try turning the book over so that I can see its cover while keeping it far away.

Investigating this infected substance, why do you ask?

"You know how it is, we were attacked by a hostile black mass less than a minute ago, however ... do you need help? My psychometry could be useful"

"The cessation of movement of the enemy was caused by the mass within my body." Secundus replies plainly, as if giving a briefing of his actions.

"It also seemed to call for help initially. If necessary I can dispatch my first body to investigate Silas' location, that is if we all do not travel there." He explains further.

"Would these beings ally with us as well?" Secundus 3 asks further.

"Looks like that he is doing some stuff on his own, maybe we should give him a little help to advance the proccess"

"Also, we should really go back down."

Sieg comments, as he looks around himself.

"You never know, maybe that mass wasn't the only one like it."

He says, then beginning to run back to the surface.

"Well, now that the mass is gone I guess we should just head back now."

Solomon begins to make his way back down towards the surface and the base, by making platforms out of magicules as he descended

"They would likely try to help us, yes. And yes, unless you can get there here faster actively."

Secundus 1 is on his way to an area directly over Silas.

The notebook doesn't seem to have a cover, not anymore at least, with the first few dozen pages seemingly melted.

"Go to New York City. Your presence is required." the voice replies.

"... Well, I don't see anything else trying to kill us. So, New York City it is?"

Secundus 1 continues on his way, analyzing the area when he arrives.

"We should." Secundus 2 replies.

Secundus 3 goes back to focusing on his development.

The main room inside the complex is now significantly bigger, with eleven normal-looking chairs lining the wall opposite the stairwell.

The voice blinks to life with the arrival of several of the group, "You may take a seat if you wish, since you'll have to in a few moments anyways."

Crunkle feels a sort of metaphorical "ok" sign made to him, although interpreted through telepathy and therefore very hard to normally comprehend.

The first hundred pages or so are melted away completely, with the first legible text being "-I don't-" before the it cuts off into paper that has likely been spread so far to be completely irrecoverable. The next few dozen pages are entirely empty, but slowly increase in terms of how much of the page is actually left. Reaching the back, he finds a page titled "A Few Words for You" in the header section of the page. The rest reads as follows:

You are Perennial, anti-thought and malefic,
Your form and name are the length, width and breadth
Of fantasy hypnagogic.

Your form, Maleficar, name of forbidden Kadeth.
Passing by nightmares of which humans cannot dream,
Indomitable spirit of vitriolic axiomatic.
Evil, you are not, merely a necessary extreme.

Your stilling heart, your fanged words, your venomous bones,
Your pillaging breath, and your maddening sight.
They are you, and you are they. Are thou?
May you are not, but that does not matter.

They killed billions. We have killed more than can be counted even in a billion trillion eons.
You will be infinitely worse.
Go out unto the world, and kill with sword and thought and breath and by the ashen remains of the universe.

Silas feels incredibly uneasy reading it, to the point that he might vomit despite his enhanced physiology, although it is definitely not meant for him specifically. He feels slight tremors from above him.

Secundus 1 detects slight tremors from about a kilometer underneath the inland sea and can discern a warehouse of sorts in the distance, seemingly floating on the water. Oddly, there doesn't appear to be any form of plant life even remotely nearby and the water near it is completely still.

This is rather curious. I haven't felt something like this since I woke up.

I hold the notebook closer to me and change the shape of my barrier so that the top of it is a drill and begin drilling in the direction of the tremors at top speed.

Secundus 1 heads directly for the location of the warehouse, carefully scanning the surrounding area.

Secundus 2 and 3, now returned, look over the group.

"The original body should be nearing Silas' location now." They both speak in perfect unison.

I stop drilling.

Wait, this is really dumb. Why would I keep moving towards something I can't see?

I drop down the hole and continue moving down the tunnel.

Relaxing music starts to play from the ceiling.

With another minute or so of movement, Silas finds an upward bend in the tunnel. The floor appears to be a large puddle of the red substance, which smells strongly of iron.

Secundus 1 finds nothing particularly notable, outside of a large, shifting mass inside of the warehouse that appears to be made of some kind of insect. Moreover, it is extremely hot inside of the warehouse with obscenely high levels of iron in the air.

Secundus 1 attempts to analyze the mass, attempting to discern its nature and what it's doing there. He also attempts to discern if the warehouse is safe to enter for him

Secundus 2 and 3 float around in the area with the seats.

Back