• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Match 6: Sora vs Otomo

Sora vs Otomo
  • 5 meters apart, Speeds equalized, standard equipment given
  • Pre-Keyblade Sora is used
  • Ranged equipment is restricted if there is any
  • SBA otherwise

Otomo murders I guess, considering that Sora's broken immortalities aren't combat applicable.

A LITTLE DISCLAIME REGARDING SORA: Specifically when talking about his skill feats and combat strategy i will use the later portions of Destiny Island and the first visit in Travesse Town for reference, even thought he already have the keyblade in that point. This is due to the fact that there is no evidence that the Keyblade enhances the user skill or intelligence, besides that the stages take place consecutively (With only Sora's faints in the meantime). So it is safe to assume the character would fight the same way in these situations if he had a weapon with similar AP.

Starting Moves: Otomo stealth can take this Sora's tier by surprise, but considering that in character he would start by just kicking the opponent i really don't see a big advantage here. After the first hit Sora's lock on would impossibilite the android to do that again

Skill: Otomo is a master swordsman, with it is difficult to scale in a verse where everybody else is a shooter. Sora for other hand have fought his friends of Destiny Island several times, with both Riku and Tidus also being a swordsman, and Selphie having similar acrobatics. Besides that in Travesse Town Sora fought Leon, a veteran fighter, and made he goes by his knees before finally fainting.

Strength: If the fight goes this way both have similar strength, although i would say that pushing a 7 tons object is more impressive than flipping a 7 tons object

Cure: Is somehow Sora gets in trouble Otomo really likes to play with his victims, so Sora would have the opportunity to use that least one potion and cure himself

Head: Although Otomo could still fight without his head for his mischance Sora always hits human stature adversaries on the chest/stomach, so even if the android could still function that would't be much use without his legs

CONCLUSION: I would say that due to the Android play style and Sora slight better stats the 14 y.o kiddo takes this one, but i would like to wait for Propellus argument before making this my vote

I think Dinamic sums up of what I was about to input here. While it may be quite difficult that Otomo is scaling in a verse meant to be full of shooting, he still upscales from ED-209 due to being the much better model and the fact that he could fare against a much stronger RoboCop. But also, I have a few things to ask, how skilled is Pre-Keyblade Sora so far? How does Sora's haxes work so far?

Last edited:
how skilled is Pre-Keyblade Sora so far?
Prior to the keyblade he spend most of his life in friendly matches against his friend Riku and his "secondary friends" Tidus, Selphie and Wakka, being able to defeat those three at the same time.

Against the counterargument that all of those were only teenagers he fought Leon, a veteran fighter who spend most of his life protecting Travesse Town against the darkness, and made him knee in exhaustion before fainting (Already said why i think is valid to cite Travesse Town regarding Sora pre-keyblade skill)

How does Sora's haxes work so far?

Without Kairi he doesn't have neither Immortality or Fate manipulation, his only hax comes from the potions what cure him totally, with the downside what he let his guard open to do so

But in this case i pretty sure Otomo would let Sora use a potion at least once, considering he let Robocop dock a weapon to shot him

Prior to the keyblade he spend most of his life in friendly matches against his friend Riku and his "secondary friends" Tidus, Selphie and Wakka, being able to defeat those three at the same time.

Against the counterargument that all of those were only teenagers he fought Leon, a veteran fighter who spend most of his life protecting Travesse Town against the darkness, and made him knee in exhaustion before fainting (Already said why i think is valid to cite Travesse Town regarding Sora pre-keyblade skill)
Huh, fair enough. But given how Otomo is programmed to be quite skilled and knowledgeable in combat, he should know basic sword strikes when it comes to defense. And given how Sora's sword is made out of wood, I don't see how Otomo wouldn't have trouble cutting that thing in half.
Without Kairi he doesn't have neither Immortality or Fate manipulation, his only hax comes from the potions what cure him totally, with the downside what he let his guard open to do so
Fair enough, and then again, this gives Otomo some time to pinpoint his weak spot with his computer to disable him a bit.
But in this case i pretty sure Otomo would let Sora use a potion at least once, considering he let Robocop dock a weapon to shot him
I mean, he did knock RoboCop's gun off his hand before he could even shoot him earlier in that scene.

Last edited:
And given how Sora's sword is made out of wood, I don't see how Otomo wouldn't have trouble cutting that thing in half.
Due to AP difference i guess, Sora sword can endure 11 million joules attacks, while Robocop verse for what i understood has his biggest durability feats around 5 million joules (This is also a point i forgot in my analysis)
Fair enough, and then again, this gives Otomo some time to pinpoint his weak spot with his computer to disable him a bit.
The only weak point i can think off is if Otomo cuted the pocket where Sora keeps his potions, but again i pretty sure he would need to see the potions work at least once to recognize that as a weak spot
I mean, he did knock RoboCop's gun off his hand before he could even shoot him earlier in that scene.
Sure, but after that he just played with his victim, his bold attitude when he thinks he has the upper hand would surely give Sora the opportunity to use a potion

Last edited:
Due to AP difference i guess, Sora sword can endure 11 million joules attacks, while Robocop verse for what i understood has his biggest durability feats around 5 million joules (This is also a point i forgot in my analysis)
As far as I can tell, Otomo massively upscales from that 5,020,800 feat, the gap should be much lower than expected. Not to mention Otomo can easily slice through RoboCop's extremely durable armor as if it's butter.
The only weak point i can think off is if Otomo cuted the pocket where Sora keeps his potions, but again i pretty sure he would need to see the potions work at least once to recognize that as a weak spot
The moment Otomo finds out he's trying to heal himself during combat, he's going to go straight for the kill.
Sure, but after that he just played with his victim, his bold attitude when he thinks he has the upper hand would surely give Sora the opportunity to use a potion
Like I've said on top before

As far as I can tell, Otomo massively upscales from that 5,020,800 feat, the gap should be much lower than expected. Not to mention Otomo can easily slice through RoboCop's extremely durable armor as if it's butter.
Well, without a clear AP it is very inconclusive if he would be able to cut thought the sword

The moment Otomo finds out he's trying to heal himself during combat, he's going to go straight for the kill.
If he didn't went for the kill when Robocop was putting a gun on this severed arm i don't think he would here. Even so, with speed equalized Sora could wait for when Otomo took distance between his attacks to use the potion before he arrives

Anyways, with this arguments i say the fight gets more obscure since we don't have a clear AP and skill difference

But i sticking with my Sora vote, since he was more experience, higher LS and can use his potion hax at the very least once

Otomo's only advantage is his stealth, that he could use only once before being locked on, his win condition needs to assume a high multiplier on a unknown upscale, besides that his combat strategy only benefits his adversary

I see, but for this one, I think Otomo takes this due to his stealth, and his computer helping him provide weak spots to make it easier to dive in for the kill. So I'll just be voting for Otomo

Do I need to mention that the passive fate hax kicks in here and Otomo is basically required to rely the wincon by some manner of incapping if at all?

Do I need to mention that the passive fate hax kicks in here and Otomo is basically required to rely the wincon by some manner of incapping if at all?
According to everyone here, those haxes that Sora has aren't really combat applicable

Uh... the bond with Kairi for those abilities has multiversal range, and it doesn't fall as outside help as much as stuff like the Blessed power isn't for those purposes.
IDK from what Saman is claiming that the stuff isn't combat applicable when there was an accepted CRT to make it clear it was.

Last edited:
I seemed to remember that way, when people argued in the past about how would this affect matches.

I guess I was wrong, and then this could be very problematic for the tournament.

Huh, if that's the case, then Sora shouldn't be in this tournament

Just disqualify Sora and give Otomo the win for the purposes of the tourney.
Well, shit

I thought fate manip by Kairi would be against the rule of no outside influence from the SBA, but reading more carefully yes, it applies

Basically no chances for my boy to have a 9-B match :cry:

Last edited:
I've checked the KHWiki page for potions to see how many potions Sora can get in the game before acquiring the Keyblade:
  • Crate in the Awakening
  • Defeating Tidus, Selphie and Wakka
  • Defeat Riku
  • Bring all raft materials to Kairi while requiring a hint
  • Bring all supplies to Kairi while requiring a hint
That would make for a total of five potions if I'm not wrong.

Last edited:
I've checked the KHWiki page for potions to see how many potions Sora can get in the game before acquiring the Keyblade:
  • Crate in the Awakening
  • Defeat Riku
Although it doesn't make a difference in this match now that's a neat detail, would be cool to added it in the profile later

• Crate in the Awakening
  • Defeat Riku
TBH that'd be more of a minimal
I think it'd be best to check the inventory cap at around that time for a low-end as Riku can be refought multiple times for more Potions, although that may border into game mechanics.

Well, shit

I thought fate manip by Kairi would be against the rule of no outside influence from the SBA, but reading more carefully yes, it applies

Basically no chances for my boy to have a 9-B match :cry:
This is why I just left to the skill wars

Back