• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora vs Captain from Granblue Fantasy.

Captain from Granblue Fantasy (What Makes the Sky Blue Key, 2-B) vs KH2 Sora (2-B only)

SBA

Speed Equalized

Bahamut is restricted.

Sora takes the #3 2-B Spot: 0

The Captain retains his #3 2-B Spot: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Uh... looking at your post from the other thread I'd have to question some stuff, namely the conceptual stuff as Captain doesn't have CM, mentions of "concepts" and the like without further context just fall as type 3 for our purposes, which not only are practically irrelevant for our purposes as type 3 CM explicitly can be counteracted by other abilities without requiring CM itself, Sora's CM stuff is type 1.

Anyways, Resistance Negation isn't a ticket to ignore any resistance whatsoever going by how the smurf thread is going, so unless Captain's stuff is extremely layered Sora would still resist.

All of that said, I'd rather wait for counterarguments as IDK Captain that much.

Uh... looking at your post from the other thread I'd have to question some stuff, namely the conceptual stuff as Captain doesn't have CM, mentions of "concepts" and the like without further context just fall as type 3 for our purposes, which not only are practically irrelevant for our purposes as type 3 CM explicitly can be counteracted by other abilities without requiring CM itself, Sora's CM stuff is type 1.

Anyways, Resistance Negation isn't a ticket to ignore any resistance whatsoever going by how the smurf thread is going, so unless Captain's stuff is extremely layered Sora would still resist.

All of that said, I'd rather wait for counterarguments as IDK Captain that much.
Yeah IDK squat about Granblue Fantasy, it just seemed like a good fight for Sora that wasn't a hax stomp in Sora's favor (a rarity).

I just saw someone else list that stuff about him.

so we restricting 7D hax right?
Bahamut is gone then alongside CM hax from him.

Captain isn't really layered but has the ability to weaken resistance up to 1 layer. he has some abilities that completely ignore resistance too but I believe Sora has Resistance negation resistance as well.

2-B key should have access to King's eye King's testament. Death summon (although death summon will likely become smurf but it hasn't happened yet so for the sake of argument) etc.
resistance also scales up to that level in 6D
So he will have Cosmic awareness and Precognition of even things that have supposedly been erased from history.
2-B key he also has unlocked all class masters
so his resistance to all debuffs will be
Default < Veil Immunity < Complete Immunity <= 200% resistance (technically they function differently because one makes it so resistant that even resistance negation can be resisted and even those with guaranteed hit can miss unless they have Godsight that ignores all these resistance layers as a whole)
so 3 layers at least.
Kikuri has God Sight which also has Fate Hax so his Fate Hax potency should be at 4 layers
Everything else has only 2 layers of potency and cannot negate the 200%resistance/complete immunity
Icon Stance Omen.png
Fate Endowed

Kikuri gains Status 7492.pngFate Endowed, Status 3128.pngGodsight, Status Heal 5.pngRefresh and Status Veil 5.pngDebuff Res. Up

GodSight description.
Attacks and debuffs don't miss (Regardless of debuffs or buffs like Blind, hit to accuracy, Mirror Image, debuff resistance, and debuff immunity / Can't be removed)
Duration: Indefinite

Sora has high godly regen from type 8 immo. I don't think Captain has any sealing option except through Cerberus's BFR to Pandemonium and sealing method for primal beast but that seal is said to only work on entities similar to primal beast so it won't seal but would still bfr him to pandemonium.
so i think that could ba crux to this fight

2-B key captain has access to both Ebisu and Kikuri which allows him to connect to one of his alternate future selves to connect to the boundary (Currently treated as 6D but eventually becomes 7D when a CRT is posted so we can ignore this part if ever that happens)
Boundary basically ignores a lot of things as well like causality and treats someone omnipresent in time and is beyond causality as singular. also a massive powerboost. and ignores tampering in history to negate something from happening etc. and the hax/ability called Repaint the One which supposedly erase someone's existence across history will not work.aside from that also capable of negating healing from Maxwell who can easily comeback from being defeated/erased or fading from existence that after the fight his consciousness that controlled Legion Void faded away only leaving the Legion Void(not in the profile yet so maybe we can ignore this but if we allow it could be a secondary answer to his high godly regen)

• Repaint the One TR
Targets: Random allies
Deals: Fire DMG (9-hit)
Effect: Status 7599.pngExistential Erasure

Existence has been erased at the hands of the Otherworld's invasion / Entire party will be knocked out when all allies' existences are erased
Duration: Indefinite.

I'm actually working on fixing Captain's profile to properly separate which abilities are in which keys so things are kinda scattered in his ability section in the official profile and even the sandbox is not complete yet

Most of Sora's stuff has at least 27 layers.

I'd have to ask how far away Pandemonium is, and I'd also have to ask if Godsight prevents deflecting attacks and similar, or can be assumed to do so.

Most of Sora's stuff has at least 27 layers.

I'd have to ask how far away Pandemonium is, and I'd also have to ask if Godsight prevents deflecting attacks and similar, or can be assumed to do so.
I havent actually thought of that yet so i will check. (Godsight)
But iirc deflect do not work on attacks that ignores durability in game im not sure if Kikuri has that too so will check

As for pandemonium its not a case of being far away but more of being locked away that not even otherworlders trapped there can leave to enter Sky-Realm. Teleportation and dimensional travel are often restricted and it has a massive barrier coating it that prevents entry if activated

As for layers then yeah Captain may be susceptible to the haxes les his failsafe triggers.

Does the layer extends to power null and power modification? And Which fundamental hax(concept,law,info,causality,reality warping) he has layers with?

Captain has a much weirder case on his personal fate hax since it is more or less layered in irregular causality which overwrites or corrode regular ones etc

Uh... Sora has Sealing Negation, I'd also note that he can travel from the Realm of Darkness back to the Ocean Between, aka, traveling between 6-D structures.

Yes to Power Null, but not to Power Modification, however, Sora does resist curses, which I note as the PM mentioned in Captain's profile does describe it as a curse. I'd also note that manipulating Sora's weapon is a bit weird thing to do given it's a materialization of the light of the user's heart, aka, it's made of stuff like a type 1 concept, type 2 information, etc. I'd also note that Sora can freely desummon and rematerialize it, so if the effect lingers physically it may not be that effective, especially as he often desummons and rematerializes it in character regardless of context for multiple purposes (namely offensive and defensive ones, or even comfortability at times).

He has that many layers on basically all P&As/resistances involving the KH light and darkness (See here), note that the Power Null one extends to nearly all his other P&As/resistances out of how he lost almost everything when it (the darkness) did affect him on that regard.

I'd also note that the fate manip is baseline, and I wasn't expecting it to be a factor anyways with the whole type 4 acausality.

Ok then last question. Since i remember this being brought up in crt.

Do they still consider his resistance negation to only 1 layer?

Iirc the discussion proposed layers on resistance negation but instead made it a layer on hax potency.

If so Captain may have a handful of hax that ignored resistance with varying effects like Malignity.

As for the weapon yeah i can see that being a thing. Since that's also a thing for his summons to do.

Also wait fate manip is baseline?
Well theres the thing with captain's fate hax.
Primal beast = irregular
Other world = irregular higher than primal beast/astral and base captain. Was able to erase him across time something Cosmos failed to do
Captain base = higher than primal beast
Captain with king's eye/testament = higher than otherworld

So in a way his fate hax would still work due to its degree with both king's eye and kings testament.

Since Captain is pretty much resilient that is resilient enough to even go continue despite terror and pain upon knowing countless timelines where he lost his friends and rackam in the mainline. He kept moving forward instead of abandoning kings eye.
I guess sora can come back indefinitely with HGR. While captain would just resu with fate hax.

Atm i don't see anything in Captain in this key (cept 7D hax) that could permanently incap/kill sora.

Idk if Sora has other options since Captain can be affected by hax yet his fate hax safeguard can basically null all those as long as he has the will to move forward (and i doubt he had a choice since he is also tied by the contract with mithra to reach the end of his journey).

I'd like to mention if Sora gas resistance to willpower manipulation?
Since Nihilith can absorb willpower to render someone to no longer fight or lose willpower to continue making them apathetic

Ok then last question. Since i remember this being brought up in crt.

Do they still consider his resistance negation to only 1 layer?
Yes, but again, Resistance Negation is no different from an extra layer in practical terms in relation to a resistance going by input given in the smurf stuff thread so far, so it wouldn't really change much here.

Iirc the discussion proposed layers on resistance negation but instead made it a layer on hax potency.
Yeah, a baseline resistance to resistance negation with the zero card was still accepted too.

Idk if Sora has other options since Captain can be affected by hax yet his fate hax safeguard can basically null all those as long as he has the will to move forward (and i doubt he had a choice since he is also tied by the contract with mithra to reach the end of his journey).
Fate hax really prevents anything here TBH.

I'd like to mention if Sora gas resistance to willpower manipulation?
Since Nihilith can absorb willpower to render someone to no longer fight or lose willpower to continue making them apathetic
I'd think so, would fall in the resistance to darkness making characters lose willpower.

What I'm getting from this is that they just incon.

Yeah pretty much. Since most of Captain very offensive hax is not in this key
(Chaos stuff or summoning fediel)
And bahamut is restricted which is where he gets his early offensive hax before 000 or Paradise lost

So Incon i guess like most wall of hax match up

The heck happened since i stopped scaling Granblue Fantasy?!
Man a LOT and when I say a LOT it's pretty explicit

Sky realm - 3D+Time (4D) our regular universe. Also has countless branching timelines so its 2-B at best. (each branch's future is independent though it can be corrupted and be rewritten by causing paradox)

Primal Beast - HDE (4D) from Astral Power. Far larger than a regular timeline overloads someone who can perceive data across spacetime (Past to future) and has hyperdimensional perception and sees 3D as flat. Alternate Canon Versus also implies their superiority to skydwellers that they are infinitesimal in comparison to them

Astral Realm - 4D+Timeline (5D) Primal Beast and Astral Origin. World identical to Sky-realm but with Astral Powers and functions with a timeline as shown how its timeline follows the same pace as Sky-realm but treats Sky-realms time as a mere surface on the river in one of their primal beast's pocket dimensions. even if we disregard QS by treating the timeline as a mere surface. Primal Beast or Astral Powers are Still 4D and they definitely have an extra spatial dimension as the data they possess are still more or less 4D even if they disappear from Sky-realm. they will simply return to Astral Realm without being able to interact with Sky-realm.
So if we follow the logic of it being 4 spatial dimensions and has a time axis similar to Sky-realm that would still be 5D (i tried to push for 6D but 5D is far more reasonable even with how it is implied that Astral Realm denizens such as Cosmos treats a 4D realm as a surface [technically making her 5D and thus making the space in astral realm 5D and for having time axis 6D but here we are at 5D as the lowest assumption])

Otherworld - 6D (unknown if fully spatial or not due to their nature to not exist at all). Treated as a higher dimension even to astrals weakness and strength is irrelevant and would require a power equivalent of not higher to its dimensionality to affect and be unaffected by it. Capable of manipulating Timelines which included Astrals and Primal Beast. Transcends dimensional barriers, Space, and time and no dimensional barrier can stand in their way when it comes to invasion as long as death and decay exist in those dimensions. Defeated only by the boundary as it is something that not even they can reach despite their nature to transcend dimensional barriers or ignore them.

Boundary - 7D Basically treats all of the time as one or happening simultaneously. Said to be the power of God. Aside from being implied to be beyond the bounds of dimensions. bit hard to explain since its a recent addition to the lore but i compiled these image

Estalucia/Holy Seat Genesis/Etemenanki - 7D still. All possessed the nature of God that even a small amount of it from the boundary is capable of toppling even Otherworlders. Can only be reached by otherworlds if they make a direct connection to it and not something they can breach even with their nature to ignore dimensional barriers. Holy Seat Genesis being the Throne of the Omnipotent

What makes the Sky Blue part 3 happen way after the Current Main Story as hinted by Shitori when he looked for the strongest version of Captain in the future
oh and Yeah they basically confirmed Blue hair as definitive strongest form of Captain but its lore changed on how he attained it

timeline of CRT is that
During the Cosmos appearance and Astral Realm. Both Otherworld and Astral Realm became Low 1-C
Then Main story updated otherworld making it 5D and 6D respectively
then Boundary happened + Etemenanki being unbound even by otherworld making it 7D (1-C)

This is the smallest summary i can make that is direct to the point

Back