• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cleffa VS Crystal: Revengence

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Ah, Dargoo's 8-C brackets. Too bad it was cancelled, and my power was never demonstrated to swear revenge. But. Lets go with a little "What If Scene". I (somehow) made it to the finals with Cleffa and come across Crystal. The final battle awaited.

And yes: it was based off of this:

8D1B2858-BFBE-454D-AD57-FEACEB6A643B
But lets REALLY test it.

Conditions
Speed is equal, and both are 8-C. Crystal has all weapons up to 8-C and Cleffa is level 100 plus knows every move it can learn (TMs, HMs, Egg moves, etc). Both start 8 meters away from each other.

To make it more faithful to the brackets, the battle is in the Final Destination from Super Smash Bros.

FYI, I believe Crystal scales to 1.567877629063 tons and Cleffa scales to 0.62 tons.

Who wins?

Star Shape Pokemo:

Crystal Mutant: 1 (Moritzva)

Inconclusive:

1.1755 tons, iirc.

So what stops Crystal from rangespamming?

Meh, Ill change the range to at least be in attacking range to be more fair.

Anyways, Cleffa can try to buff up, then try to debuff Crystal. Wonder Room can pretty much swap durabilities, and plentiful hax can come into play (Sleeping through Sing, Slowing down through Icy Wind, Paralysis through Thunder Wave, etc). Not to mention, decent counters. Crystal fires her Toxic weapons? Cleffa rests to get rid of it, but can still fight through Sleep Talk, or just use Safeguard. Crystal tries to get away? Icy Wind slows her up to 4x, and top it with Paralysis. Fire weapons? Thats natural for Fairy Types to resist by half.

Crystal is likely to just teleport away at the start of the fight.

Also, if Cleffa gets in melee range, Cleffa just dies on the spot.

Crystal scales from Lil' Hunter's stomp, which is on par with the weakest effects in the game (1 damage) in terms of potency. Crystal is also by far the most durable character in the cast, but that gets swapped.

In the end, even if she leads with Wonder Room, the effect doesn't last forever and Crystal can simply wear her down. Sing is just about the only wincon, but she doesn't lead with it and it's range is not impressive.

Crystal has the intelligence, AP, range, and mobility w/ teleportation to take this fight.

No arguments for the pokemon, huh?

I have another.

Any way to deal with Double Team? That can probably buy out some time just to dodge the bullets when buffing, especially if Crystal is slowed.

Double Team's copies/clones more or less instantly die to the swarm of danmaku from weapons such as the Triple Machine Gun or similar.

Im sure that the false copies would stay for the rest as the battle, though.

Really? I don't recall Pokemon much, but I'm pretty sure they can't attack, and can be hit? Though I'm not sure.

It doesn't help Cleffa actually get in range and use any of her inconsistent wincons.

In the loop there are Crystal beasts that duplicate into more and more and Crystal herself can handle them pretty well, especially if she has a Flak Cannon, Plasma Gun, or Triple Machine Gun.

Teleportation really helps her mobility. Crystal wins this in my opinion.

Moritzva said:
Really? I don't recall Pokemon much, but I'm pretty sure they can't attack, and can be hit? Though I'm not sure.

It doesn't help Cleffa actually get in range and use any of her inconsistent wincons.
They dont attack, true. But at least it still buys out some time to confuse Crystal so the buffs can be applied properly.

As for the strategy, the idea is that on turn 1, Cleffa immediately does an Icy Wind to slow Crystal down, even if it is just one. Then, on turn 2, activate Double Team 6 times to get full extension. Proceed to buff after applying the double teams before debuffing Crystal in all stats possible. I can even say that Cleffa has the better healing since she can heal naturally via Heal Pulse, Rest, and Wish, whereas Crystal can only heal via absorbing blood, so thats an advantage.

Theoretically, here would be the aftermath applications once Cleffa applies all the buffs and debuffs (Wonder Room included).

Crystal AP: 0.293875 tons

Crystal Durability: 0.155 tons

Crystal Speed: 1/4 of original speed

Cleffa AP: 2.48 tons

Cleffa Durability: 3.0355 tons

Cleffa Speed: Same

Now. I am aware that Crystal can debuff as well, in durability terms. To make that up, Reflect (for Physical moves) or Light Screen (for Special moves, especially most of Crystal's weaponry of bullets) should mitigate the damage.

Icy Wind, along with a lot of attacks, get Shielded by Crystal. Since, Crystal is going to Shield and teleport away, first move. So, Cleffa's first move instantly fails.

Cleffa goes for double team, which is instantly mowed down by Triple Machine Gun fire.

Cleffa remains out of range to cast any of her best moves while Crystal bombards from a range.

And if Cleffa ever gets into melee, Cleffa dies.

I doubt that'll help much here to turn the tides.

Which Cleffa will need to spam the **** out of, while also literally being a toddler playing Real Life Touhou.

Bobsican said:
Cleffa can just use Sing to put the opponent to sleep and call it a day, I guess.
Range and being shot to death says no.

I don't think it'll be easy to fall into Cleffa's trance over the horrible sound of blaring gunfire and Cleffa's screeches of excruciating pain.

Crystal's moves are ******' guns.

Which she is also incredibly good against, being able to reflect her own bullets.

So... I don't recall feats of Cleffa pulling a glock out of her ass, no.

Oh no, they basically allow Cleffa to just replicate the move against the target, if any equipment is needed, Cleffa makes it for a moment with some light (as seen in the anime with the move).

Bobsican said:
Oh no, they basically allow Cleffa to just replicate the move against the target, if any equipment is needed, Cleffa makes it for a moment with some light (as seen in the anime with the move).
So, a momentary, few second long gun, only for it to be reflected back at her by someone monstrously more skilled in shooting and dodging, gotcha.

Massively upscaling from 1.1755 tons of TnT, Building Level+.

Melting, by far the weakest Mutant, can survive 'Lil Hunter's Stomp. Crystal is by far the most durable mutant, and their weapons can easily harm themselves.

The wincons Cleffa has here aren't something I would call reliable, especially considering even if it manages to land a hit it'll only do chip damage.

Like, there's not even much (if anything) that could be argued in Cleffa's favor, this falls in the defintion of an stomp, respectively.

But you just argued extensively in Cleffa's favor.

As per Stomp Thread rules-

Common Examples of a Decisive/Non-Stomp Match

• Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.
  • One character has more ways to win than the other, but the other character wins more times than not due to matchup specifics that allow/cause them to use their winning move(s) immediately.
Cleffa has win conditions, but her lack of range and intelligence cripples her.

Yes, but all of my points were already debunked (Aka, seem to not really be an option to begin with).

That doesn't automatically make something a stomp.

Reliable isn't the point. Cleffa's entire personality makes her wincons 'unreliable.' What is the point is that she has a fair share, but they simply aren't as likely as Crystal's.

Every single time people argue for a character winning, then pivot call it a stomp, I feel as if they are putting me in between a rock and a hard place, where either I argue against my own vote, or let it be ruled a stomp.

No, it's not a stomp.

Back