• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ghostly Shadow: Gengar VS Danny Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both at 6-C (Anything above is restricted), Gigantamax Gengar and Season 2 Danny are used

Fight takes place within a Dynamax Den

Speed is equalized

Gengar is allowed all TMs, HMs, and Tutor Moves

Fight ends in Death, K.O, or Incap

"you'll hear your loved ones' voices calling out to you.":0

"The one and only. Danny Phantom.":8 (LordGriffin1000, Popted2, LeoEpicGamer8910, TheGreatMaster12, Psychomaster35, Artorimachi_Meteoraft, BrackishBrineBroth, BlastX)

Inconclusive:0

cU5slDR.jpg
IsY2IHw.png

Last edited:
He's gonna catch em all cause he's, Danny Phantom! My thoughts are below.

Looking at Gangar's page it seems to be scaling above 6.362 Gigatons while Danny scales to 42.0695769598 Gigatons... that's a 6.6126339138 x AP advantage for Danny.

Gengar's Advantages/Win Conditions

While it's weaker than Danny, Gengar has some decent abilities that could be helpful and potentially give it the win. I guess to start things off we can look at Gangar's two abilities, Levitate isn't anything special but Cursed Body's chance of making the opponent not being able to move for a short time could be helpful but I don't think by much and I'll be explaining why in Danny's section.

Things like the paralysis effect from Lick can be effective in stopping Danny, Spite can also help if Danny tries to spam ghost rays which would result in extra lose in stamina, Curse could be useful in sapping Danny's "heath" though cutting it's own health in half isn't a smart move. A mirage from Night Shade could be used as a distraction, Destiny Bond would lead to an inconclusive if Danny knocks it out.

Starting from Ghastly and onward since Gengar would have it's moves, the most useful things would be if it incorporates it's illusions and perception manipulation to mess with Danny. It's regeneration capabilities would allow it to survive Danny punching holes into it but that's about it in that regard.

For it's Gigantamax abilities, the death part of the sending people to the afterlife wouldn't be an issue but since Danny has no dimensional travel, he'd be stuck. Danny also hearing the voices of people he knows could also be detracting. Looking at what it gets from being Gigantamax, it's forcefield can be a problem for Danny as it will block some of his damage, and some of it's max moves decrease statistics but I think the power nullification is going to be a hassle since it will reset Danny's buffs when it attacks.

I'm not going to go over all it's TM, HM ect moves because some are more useful than other but majority aren't even likely going to come into play.

Danny's Advantages/Win Conditions

Danny has the AP advantage and considering he's powerful enough that he can stomp people comparable to himself as the season progressed, he's easily more powerful than Gengar and can do serious damage with a single hit. It should be noted that ectoplasmic energy in Danny Phantom can also hit the consciousness (mind) and Gengar's mind resistance doesn't cover attacking it's mind so it's GG if Danny lands one of those. Possession is also GG since Danny's possession is layered and effects the mind and soul.

Danny's regeneration (Low-Godly) also makes it so Gengar's only real hope is through hax. His resistance to mind manipulation/empathy manipulation is layered so anything Gengar has that effects the mind (Confuse Ray and fear stuff) get resisted, along with hypnosis since Danny has already resisted sleep gas that was designed to effect humans and ghosts, and his Reactive Evolution has been shown to buff his resistances.

Speaking of that, Gengar's power nullification might not hold up because Danny's reactive evolution has shown to even give him abilities that his future self got 10 years later so he'd likely gain resistance to power nullification like Dan. And while Max Moves can bypass forcefields, Gengar's regular ranged attacks can still be blocked.

Danny can also just open with the Fenton Thermos and seal Gengar, and before anyone asks, yes it will work. The thermos can even negate the powers of those with resistance to power nullification on a 4-D level and seal them.

My Vote

I'm going to vote Danny.

Gengar has a lot of versatility but some of it's moves can be avoid while the others get countered by Danny's resistances, and while it does have power nullification, Danny's reactive evolution would kick in. It also starts out much weaker so it would be at a disadvantage in that regard and Danny's lesser versatility means he's more then likely going to start with something that will give him the one.

Now Gengar does still have things that bypass durability and can hamper Danny like illusions and Destiny Bond, Lick, and so on, plus better range but that depends on if Gengar would favor those over it's other moves. It also says that a Gigantamax's move set is changed to max moves which means it might favor those while in this state.

Overall though, I'm not knowledge on Pokemon like that but I thing Danny's has a higher chance of landing his win conditions more.

He's gonna catch em all cause he's, Danny Phantom! My thoughts are below.

Looking at Gangar's page it seems to be scaling above 6.362 Gigatons while Danny scales to 42.0695769598 Gigatons... that's a 6.6126339138 x AP advantage for Danny.
Incredible Analysis as always Griffin, one minor thing is that Gigantamax/Mega Pokemon scale to >15.905 Gigatons or so based on the verse page, tho I don't think that changes the result by too much.

all votes counted.

Incredible Analysis as always Griffin, one minor thing is that Gigantamax/Mega Pokemon scale to >15.905 Gigatons or so based on the verse page, tho I don't think that changes the result by too much.

all votes counted.
My bad, thanks for the correction. Then it's a 2.6450535655 times difference. Though as I mentioned, Danny grew throughout the season and has other amps so it doesn't change the resultant much.

Danny Fra.

Also not sure if it counts, but Danny's Ghost Powers might count as Ghost Type moves, if so then the gap doubles, though he wins even without that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back