• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chronomon downgrade or Alphamon, and others, upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Executor_N0

VS Battles
Calculation Group
If you are currently on the Chronomon page you will find a good wall of text in your skills. Something common with certain Digimon Tier 2, but if you play the games you will not see Chronomon using these powers.

The reason Chronomon has these powers is his evolutionary line, which is totally justifiable since it is consistent evolutions contain the powers of the previous forms (In fact we have enough evidence to prove that the total Load of a Digimon guarantees the base Digimon their powers but that's what I want to leave for later, unless you want to know the evidence for now, that can speed things up).

The problem is that the Digimon has several evolutionary lines, after all this is the concept behind the franchise, so in our profiles we decided to put only the proven evolutions of some Digimon (Like Omegamon, we all know that it is usually the fusion of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon ).

That is why Alphamon did not receive Chronomon's powers, we know that in many instances Clockmon was part of the evolutionary line of Alphamon (as in Sunburst / Moonlight) and in other games it is a must to have Clockmon data in Alphamon's Digimon Story Super Xros Wars Red and Digimon Story Super Xros Wars Blue) but as this is not the most common then we do not use this.

This is even clearer when we have Digimon that were created to be part of an evolutionary line or Digimon that is more common to see in this evolution. For example Titamon was created to be the Ultimate of Orgemon, while we know that Clockmon evolves to Knightmon most of the time (from the first appearance of Knightmon) and this one evolves to Lord Knightmon.

But with Chronomon we do not do that. Chronomon originated in Digimon Story and in this game he has no evolutionary line, we get his data directly in that form and we just convert him to gain it for our team.

In the sequels of this game, Sunburst / Moonlight, is introduced Chicchimon and this Digimon is part of the evolutionary line of Chronomon. In this game Chronomon is exclusive of a fusion, between Susanoomon and Valdurmon, but to realize this is necessary to have a Chicchimon.

In Digimon Story Lost Evolution we have the complete evolutionary line.

Chicchimon evolves to Hyokomon evoluting to Buraimon evolving to Butenmon who finally evolves into Chronomon Holy Mode.

Chronomon was only a merger between Susanoomon and Valdurmon while there was an evolutionary line for it, so had Chronomon permanently become part of that evolutionary line.

So either we downgrade Chronomon because the most common evolutionary line since it is presented in Lost Evoltuion or we did an upgrade in Alphamon and other Digimon that has other coherent evolutionary lines, but less common than The normal.

tl;dr: Most of Chronomon's powers are in his profile because of the evolutionary line of two games (Digimon Story Sunburst and Digimon Story Moonligh), but this only happened because the evolutionary line of Chronomon was not established at that time. So to be more consistent with the other profiles Chronomon must lose the powers of Susanoomon and Valdurmon. Or if they find this legitimate some profiles should be upgraded with some other, less common, but still consistent evolutionary lines.

I prefer the downgrade.

I always wanted to hear this ^.^ (Well ... Actually I just read this and did not hear... Living on the internet is weird :v)

Just a reminder, you should put what the stats will be downgraded to or upgraded to in the thread and whose scaling / abilities it will affect.

@Holy

Actually I was in doubt if it was upgraded in Digimon (In that case add things like Mental Manipulation in Guilmon) or perform a downgrade.
Dragon attempted to upgrade to Alphamon because of the evolutionary line with Clockmon, but this was not accepted.

So Cal made a bait, unfortunately ... (I really wanted to discuss downgrade in Digimon OvO)

So I decided to do a downgrade to finish the point that Dragon left open in the last revision.

Well, I explained that the reason Chronomon had his powers was the evolutionary line of Digimon Story Sunburst / Moonlight. But this would be contradictory with other profiles.

So I thought it would be clear that the solution would be to remove Chronomon's powers. But I'll update the Thread by adding a summary.

I agree with the downgrade. I actually wanted to talk about it for awhile but ended up forgetting about it, later remembering it after taking a look at his file than forgetting about it again when something else catches my attention...

If I am to be blunt, I feel as if multiple evolutionary lines should be accepted. Even going by just Alphamon.

Alphamon has both the Grademon route and DoruGreymon route. Both are canon and if we want to be honest Grademon he less consistent used than Clockmon most of the time. Digimon have multiple Digivolution lines, that's a canon fact. In literally two canon games, to get a Alphamon you were required to have Clockmon.

Let's use the SGDL.

Infermon and Impmon are both common Digimon that become Beelzemon.

Myotismon often becomes Barbamon.

Wisemon and Astamon become Belphemon.

MegaSeadramon become Leviamon.

MachGaogamon and BlackWereGarurumon can become Merukimon.

Need I mention the 6 Digimon who can become Knightmon consistenly?

Or the 7 Digimon who become Piedmon?

Or the countless Digimon that consistently become Machinedramon.

The entire point of this inherited skills stuff was to give a Digimon the inherited abilities of the main canon evolutions. Evolutions as in plural. If there are multiple? So what? Especially seeing as in Dawn/Dusk Alphamon's BEAST DRAGON line was in the game yet only way DoruGreymon was via fusion, or you had to go through Clockmon. In the next game, you required Grademon, Dorumon AND Clockmon to get an Alphamon.

So in my opinion, we should expand our allowances of inherited skills.

People may be scared of others calling "wank" however, it is nothing of the sort. It's doing something we agreed to do ages ago. Our main deal was to not give a Digimon all the abilities of every evolution they've ever had. THAT would be wanking because we have Digimon who have had like 15+ pre-evos canonically. People have to understand that this is how the franchise works. It's not Pokemon where there is one evolution line, there are multiple.

As long as people don't start going crazy and trying to give MagnaAngemon Clockmon's abilites because of one random source, we are fine.

I was under the impression that we were going to stick with the most frequent evolutionary line rather than take multiple lines into account with the exception of Jogress Evolutions.

But Dragon makes a good point in that multiple evolutionary lines can evolve into a single type of Digimon. Of course, we'd have to use discretion (no we're not giving Zeed's powers to Barbamon), but this also makes sense.

I'm personally ambivalent towards this and will support anything that the majority agree on.

Well, that's true. In Digimon Chronicle we see DORUmon first evolving into the DORUgoramon line and then he regresses and evolves through the Raptordramon line until he turns Alphamon. And in Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode / Digimon X-Evolution this same DORumon turns Alphamon after turning DORUguremon, showing that it is consistent DORUmon have multiple evolutionary lines and still be the same Digimon.

In fact during Story games it is practically impossible for you to want to follow only one evolutionary line. We have so much Digimon that it is mandatory for you to have evolved by another route before getting it, Alphamon is a good example. You can't evolve directly without having Clockmon since a requirement to have Alphamon is: Must have a Clockmon.

@Ex

The Clockmon -> Alphamon example is probably a case of game mechanics since it's not a Jogress Evolution.

@Reppu

The issue with that is that Digimon in those games can have up to 3 main singular evolution. However, Alphamon cannot be obtained without Clockmon being a foremost requirement.

How to consider a gameplay mechanic while evolutionary lines are a part of game history? I say, in Lost Evolution we have the mission to collect the fragments of the Evolutionary Tree that was destroyed at the beginning of the game and without it we can not make any kind of evolution without repairing the Evolutionary Tree.

I do not know how we can consider a crucial point in the history of the franchise as being just gameplay mechanics.

This is my literal opinion here. As long as I don't somehow see a PlatinumNumemon with Chrono Breaker or Pandora Dialogue I am fine.

I suppose you have a point.

But I'm not sure how to interpret that as part of the evolutionary lines.

How about we update our rule and go with these requirements.

Must be a required factor on their Digivolution at least twice. Once if they only appeared like 2 times.

Or

Must appear as a natural pre evolution at least 3 times.

Do we agree with this?

Do not worry Cal, someday there will be a downgrade. I'm already planning one that I'm sure will be realized.

By the way, you can check how many times someone has been apart of a line by using Wikimon as they have sourced and footnoted everything. So we will know whether someone is lying or not and just putting abilities on a file.

Well, I do not see a problem with your suggestion. But in my opinion we should prioritize evolutionary lines that we are sure are made to follow a logic.

For example Titamon was created to have as evolutionary line Digitamamon and Orgemon, so this would have to be something obligatory for him.

Rust Tyranomon was also created to be the supreme evolution of the Tyranomon.

And things like that.

So we accept multiple evolutionary lines?

I feel Apocalymon has weird shenanigans, also, Lucemon FM becoming Daemon LOL.

Angemon + Devimon = Lucemon FM rofl.

And then Lucemon becomes Daemon.

Legit.

I think we should have as standard a 3 common evolutionary lines for the Ultimates (Remember, I use Japanese thermology so I mean Megas).

So the most coherent evolutions of Demon would be:

Seraphimon (It's in your profile).

Vamdemon (most common evolution).

Skull Satamon (Second most common evolution).

So to give another Example. For Knightmon,

1) Clockmon (Most Common)

2) Tankmon (Second Most Common)

3) Greymon (Virus) (Falls withing the 3 strikes guidelines)

Give it time. ovo

Inb4 Daemon inherits Lucemon's hax and absorbes Yggdrasil. That moment Super Ultimate Daemon = Daemon + Lucemon + Ygg + Arkadimon.

WALL OF TEXT POWAH.

Being sincere, Mother Eater could potentially become the Digimon Composite and have a WALL OF TEXT.

Unfortunately the Eaters were prevented, it's sad when history stops us from having something that would be so spectacular OvO.

Databook N.E.O is one of the VSBW Wiki myths along with 1-A Touhou, Digimon Tamers Revisions and Multiversal Charizard. ovo

So now we have to make a solid process here. How about this for solid acceptance.

-Has been used as a major requirement at least twice. If the Digimon has like only appeared like two times, it can get away with a one time requirement.

-Must appear to be a natural evolution at least three times.

-Any evolution shown in the anime is automatically allowed.

-Obvious main evolutions are naturally allowed.

-Only 3 "inheritees" per Digimon. This does not count Jogress.

How is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back